Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Core Infinity board
Well, they're pretty slapdash aren't they. DSD totally broken, reported months ago, but they just release anyway. Same for your bug.

BUT... that said my priority was having no crackles, and they do appear to have nailed it. I mean it's been a long time since I last used it, maybe I've unwittingly changed something that makes my network more attractive to it, who knows.

Either way, it's working, for now.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Bless you on the crackles fix! That's at least something.
I can live with my bug that's controllable with a windows task manager macro and changing some settings when you do want to use AIR for windows sounds.
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)
(18-Mar-2017, 16:50)Dr Tone Wrote: I'm not going to lie, I have some pipe dreams for the streaming board myself and I don't know if it's feasible with the rest of the amp but I want 384kHZ PCM and DSD128.  Since finding HQPlayer I only want to go higher.

If they do it, I'll personally apologize to the CEO for doubting Devialet via Twitter. Smile   I hope you get the opportunity to hold me to it.

Devialet's Mathieu Pernod confirmed at the Oxford Audio 1000 Pro launch event that it was technically possible for the DSD MAT Engine to be updated to run DSD 128.  (This event was eight months ago now, so memories are fading, but I think he was talking about the Expert range & MAT in general at this time, not just the Pro)  So it is possible, and just via a firmware upgrade, no streamer board needed.  The bad news is that I think he also said that there were no plans to implement this in the short term, so this one is probably on a longer time frame than the normal 'soon'.  I guess they need to save something for a future firmware update, not that we've seen many of those recently.  Also, I believe the ADH core runs at 40bit 384khz, so I would have thought that 348kHZ PCM was possible?  This is just conjecture on my part though, there may well be other restrictions that will keep this capped at 192kHZ.

I suspect we could be well into the 2020's before you need to worry about your apology! Sad
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(19-Mar-2017, 10:51)Confused Wrote: Also, I believe the ADH core runs at 40bit 384khz, so I would have thought that 348kHZ PCM was possible?  This is just conjecture on my part though, there may well be other restrictions that will keep this capped at 192kHZ.

I suspect we could be well into the 2020's before you need to worry about your apology! Sad

I could be wrong but I seem to remember the 384 is just the sum of the two DAC channels running at 20/192khz? - like 'we have a total bandwidth of 40/384khz' type thing. Am of course completely ready to accept that this could be rubbish.

On the apology, I think your suspicion is probably correct!

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(19-Mar-2017, 11:35)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(19-Mar-2017, 10:51)Confused Wrote: Also, I believe the ADH core runs at 40bit 384khz, so I would have thought that 348kHZ PCM was possible?  This is just conjecture on my part though, there may well be other restrictions that will keep this capped at 192kHZ.

I could be wrong but I seem to remember the 384 is just the sum of the two DAC channels running at 20/192khz? - like 'we have a total bandwidth of 40/384khz' type thing.  Am of course completely ready to accept that this could be rubbish.

It was first mentioned here I think:

https://en.devialet.com/assets/V3/pdf/Wh...xpert-.pdf
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(19-Mar-2017, 11:44)Confused Wrote:
(19-Mar-2017, 11:35)Hifi_swlon Wrote:

I could be wrong but I seem to remember the 384 is just the sum of the two DAC channels running at 20/192khz? - like 'we have a total bandwidth of 40/384khz' type thing.  Am of course completely ready to accept that this could be rubbish.

Did SAM Lab ever make it to these green and pleasant shores?!

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(19-Mar-2017, 11:50)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(19-Mar-2017, 11:44)Confused Wrote:
(19-Mar-2017, 11:35)Hifi_swlon Wrote: I could be wrong but I seem to remember the 384 is just the sum of the two DAC channels running at 20/192khz? - like 'we have a total bandwidth of 40/384khz' type thing.  Am of course completely ready to accept that this could be rubbish.

Guillaume

Indeed so:

http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=2109
(19-Mar-2017, 12:05)Confused Wrote:
(19-Mar-2017, 11:50)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(19-Mar-2017, 11:44)Confused Wrote: It was first mentioned here I think:

Guillaume

Indeed so:

http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=2109

Gosh you're right.... in 2015!! How time flies.

Still I would have expected to concept to evolve to include home visits with room correction etc. I believe there was talk of this at one point.

Trouble is Devialet are just too busy conquering the world.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
'Trouble is Devialet are just too busy conquering the world.'

Yes, it is painfully true. Devialet has employed 60+ engineers but the engineers should have be mainly deployed for projects other than Expert products.

Are all 60+ engineers not capable of developing an up-to-date APP? It is just not Devialet's target.
The Devialet link noted above by Confused talks about the upper limits of PCM and DSD. I also notice it states that DSD can be done over USB, TOSLINK, and XLR. Is this true? I seem to have problems with all except coax.
Nucklehead AMD Server  -   Devialet 1000Pro  -  Magico S3 Speakers
New England
USA