Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Core Infinity board
Having been pestering Devialet privately over the last couple of months, I did get a reply two days ago from one of their UK guys which formalises what appears to have been covered by this thread recently. Namely that they will (or have) produce(d) a web page which will, over the coming months, detail the development, features and availability of the Devialet OS card. I suspect that getting even this far is in part due to the efforts of many on DevialetChat. In my (rare) more rational moments I do not criticise them for their stubborn secrecy here - though I do find it annoyingly inconsistent with the other BS which they love to produce - but that is endemic in so many areas now - even Mr Trump is following Devialet's communication examples. Hence why I post little on the forum now - which is probably good for my health!
And it seems I owe a grovelling apology to the Confused one(!) - my title of The General was bestowed on me by Guillaume so perhaps he will demote me to something more suitable - I would suggest The Idiot!!!
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
Devialet is not presently on the exhibitor list for the HighEnd 2017 in Munich. So I am not expecting any real statement from them in the next few month!
Well at https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...eers-hands- this is more a teaser than an info Smile
Well you can clearly make out a new Wifi card on the board probably an 802.11ac. It is clear that UPnP/DLNA is going to be enabled soon on Expert pro maybe by May of this year. Also I notice is an FPGA which could unlock the potential to decode DSD 128 or 256. This is more than just a streamer board. I personally think this is going something big...
so that's it...a picture...no further elaboration!
(24-Mar-2017, 02:57)Wdw Wrote: so that's it...a picture...no further elaboration!

A bit off topic but i noticed in your sig that you are using Nordost sort Kones. I have to ask do theses actually leave any marks under the Devialet. I have the BC version but i am a bit hesitant to try them under the Devialet just in case they cause any scratch marks, as suffered by my Melco unit
(24-Mar-2017, 14:53)Rama Wrote:
(24-Mar-2017, 02:57)Wdw Wrote: so that's it...a picture...no further elaboration!

A bit off topic but i noticed in your sig that you are using Nordost sort Kones. I have to ask do theses actually leave any marks under the Devialet. I have the BC version but i am a bit hesitant to try them under the Devialet just in case they cause any scratch marks, as suffered by my Melco unit

I have the two units stacked, one atop the other.  
The Sort Kones are only below the lower unit, the Companion, which has a few scratches on the underside due to these Kones but no biggie.  

If thinking resale, I wouldn't consider selling to someone who is concerned with a few scratches on the UNDERSIDE of a stereo product.   Big Grin

The Master sits on top of the Companion on the original feet. (no scratches)
You are not worried about heat or interference between the 2 machines stacked so close together?
Kondo Overture PM-2i, Weiss DAC502, LP12 Haben, Aro, Keel, Radikal, Urika, EMT JSD6, Phasemation PP-300/T-300, Linn Krystal, Penaudio Serenade Signature

Kondo Operia SPs 2.7, KSL-VzII, Acz-Avocado, etc.

(25-Mar-2017, 05:46)agentsmith Wrote: You are not worried about heat or interference between the 2 machines stacked so close together?

Should I be?   Devialet shows this arrangement for their dual monos so have assumed it is fine.
I have seen both staked and side by side placement.

My assumption was they stacked them for better aesthetics?
Kondo Overture PM-2i, Weiss DAC502, LP12 Haben, Aro, Keel, Radikal, Urika, EMT JSD6, Phasemation PP-300/T-300, Linn Krystal, Penaudio Serenade Signature

Kondo Operia SPs 2.7, KSL-VzII, Acz-Avocado, etc.