Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Core Infinity board
Goody goody goody, can't wait for that piece of junk!! Wink Big Grin
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(29-Mar-2017, 16:40)Antoine Wrote: Goody goody goody, can't wait for that piece of junk!! Wink Big Grin

If this was the end of 2007 perhaps this was a nice piece of junk......just the thought of leaving the whole streaming thing up to Devialets software development makes me feel a bit sick. The way Spark/Dialog/Phantom works is not a thing to be happy about, sometimes a new firmware takes one step forward and two steps back  Big Grin
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

(29-Mar-2017, 15:54)Dr Tone Wrote: The future is very bright for Devialet owners!

Please, help me out....know nothing about Spark, etc....are these technologies worth the wait or is this project flawed from the start.  Not sure how to read these comments.
Cheers
(29-Mar-2017, 22:32)Wdw Wrote:
(29-Mar-2017, 15:54)Dr Tone Wrote: The future is very bright for Devialet owners!

Please, help me out....know nothing about Spark, etc....are these technologies worth the wait or is this project flawed from the start.  Not sure how to read these comments.
Cheers

It depends on what you were expecting or want from it?

If you've tried a Phantom and used Spark, and loved every minute of it, then you'll most likely be extremely happy if this is what Devialet deliver.

Some of us were being a little sarcastic, since we think its almost definitely going to be half-baked junk that would be of no interest, other than maybe it would mean an iOS update for the volume control (which would no doubt be ugly and not work properly, neither of which is the case at least for the out of date expert iOS app).

To send us all into despair they'll probably finally add room correction, but only if you use Spark! (We'll recover shortly after when we realise that doesn't work either) Wink

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(29-Mar-2017, 22:58)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(29-Mar-2017, 22:32)Wdw Wrote:

Cheers

It depends on what you were expecting or want from it?

If you've tried a Phantom and used Spark, and loved every minute of it, then you'll most likely be extremely happy if this is what Devialet deliver.

Some of us were being a little sarcastic, since we think its almost definitely going to be half-baked junk that would be of no interest, other than maybe it would mean an iOS update for the volume control (which would no doubt be ugly and not work properly, neither of which is the case at least for the out of date expert iOS app).

To send us all into despair they'll probably finally add room correction, but only if you use Spark!  (We'll recover shortly after when we realise that doesn't work either)  Wink

Sounds like it is time to look at a dedicated ROON linux NUC and forget this sh@te.   Would mean AIR is out the window unless it was could be configured as a Windows based unit.  just wish this company would step up and say something constructive on the issue.
And this new board is going to be worth 1800 quid? I'd rather have the dosh!  Huh Big Grin
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(30-Mar-2017, 01:13)Axel Wrote: And this new board is going to be worth 1800 quid? I'd rather have the dosh!  Huh Big Grin

For what they said its worth, you could get a Phantom !!

So Devialet will probably just tear out the card, sending it on to us while binning the remainder of the Phantom. They have allowed themselves till the end of the year as they haven't worked out how to open the Phantom's yet !!!   Big Grin
Foobar2000/Win10 ~ Devialet 440Pro ~ Tannoy Precision 6.4 ~ Auralic Taurus Mk2 ~ Sennheiser HD700
The Missing Link Cryo Reference Mains Cables / The Chord Company Silver Plus USB / Townshend Isolda Bi-Wire Speaker Cables / Townshend Isolda DCT 300 Interconnects / Quadraspire Q4 EVO Rack

The Cotswolds England
I think the price of 1800 is a figure pulled out of thin air by Devialet, just to get people on the initial upgrade train. I think what we are going to get however would be something like the SOTM-SMS200 which costs around $400. Yes if you include onboard SSD you might increase the price to around $600. For the UPNP/DLNA they are using the same Wifi card that is inside the Aires Mini even the processor looks similar (see pic attached). As for the processor its ARM. Just as a caveat I might be completely wrong on this.    
If you use Roon today there is no way in hell that you can live with Spark as the main solution for streaming to an Expert. Just the way Roon handles updates and problem and the fact that they have their own official forum were they help out people with all sorts of problem and that is on so many different platforms.

I dont think we get anything near a SMS-200 if it had the same functions and performance of that I think we would be happy.

I wonder what will happen to AIR3 with this new streamerboard, will it live on or just pass on to the shadows of the dead......
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

(30-Mar-2017, 06:16)octaviars Wrote: I wonder what will happen to AIR3 with this new streamerboard, will it live on or just pass on to the shadows of the dead......

Probably a lot of people will skip the board update and will keep going with the current AIR 3.0.# (whichever .# works for you) that allows streaming with Roon. If you are on mac you will miss DSD streaming but at least the PCM seems to work reliably. I am on 3.0.2 and has been working fine since I installed it. I am not even bothering to move to .4
If in the future I will feel I really miss DSD I will look to some other solution. But I agree with Axel I would be happy to get the money of the board back....