Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Core Infinity board
A positive way to look at is, if it's better than AIR we can use it, if it's worse, carry on with AIR.

All fine as long as devialet keep AIR working!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Roon/RAAT - Dev 250 Pro - AQ Castle Rock - SF Olympica ii
@Rama dude you have drunk too much of the Devialet kool-aid. Devialet streaming is not going to just ditch all it's proprietary tech and go all user friendly on us. This streamer boad is dead in the water even before it took its first poo... keep hoping buddy till the cows come home.
@Devialetuser Sir you sound like a child who did not get his toy. I have not drunk anything..expect some water today. I made a mistake to think that on Devialetchat we would come together and celebrate our purchase that we so very much cherish. And I think most people on this forum do cherish Devialet as a brand. Go look at some of the photographs of system setups people have posted. You don't spend so much time and effort (for example the cool hanging on the wall style and blue LED lighting) if you dont have a connection with the brand. Yes I will keep on believing..till the second coming of Jesus.
@Rama yeah I appreciate my purchase but what I object to is broken promises. By the way seems like you got the wrong idea when I mentioned "the cows coming home". It's a normal turn of phrase in the English language. Most of those fancy setup pics you see have been posted by people who enjoy more the aesthetics of the product rather than its functionality. And the WAF is high when it comes to Devialet. And by the way I am an atheist.
(30-Mar-2017, 10:18)Devialetuser Wrote: ...
Most of those fancy setup pics you see have been posted by people who enjoy more the aesthetics of the product rather than its functionality.

You seem to be making a big assumption there, and if I was one of the people who'd posted "fancy setup pics" I'd be quite offended.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(30-Mar-2017, 06:16)octaviars Wrote: If you use Roon today there is no way in hell that you can live with Spark as the main solution for streaming to an Expert. Just the way Roon handles updates and problem and the fact that they have their own official forum were they help out people with all sorts of problem and that is on so many different platforms.

I dont think we get anything near a SMS-200 if it had the same functions and performance of that I think we would be happy.

I wonder what will happen to AIR3 with this new streamerboard, will it live on or just pass on to the shadows of the dead......

See post #92

https://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?...45&page=10
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
I certainly do not "..cherish Devialet as a brand.." My 250 Pro sounds very nice but I believe that is due to the ADH solution. A look at my signature will reveal that I use some workarounds to get good sound quality. None of the extras is from Devialet. Actually Devialet has, for me, broken all promises related to delivery of functionality. I fully agree with Bob here.
Yes, the amplifier looks nice. The remote is simply fabulous. But this has not changed since D-Premier. Sound is better today than ever. But the streaming solution is not compatible with anything, there is no provision for room correction even if Devialet says the amp is full of DSP power. If you want to play vinyl and use RC there is no proper solution other that 'ripping' vinyl to files.
Of course I hope the streamer board will fix some of this, but I have doubts!
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
Look, we're all conjecturing based on almost no information. There really are just 3 possible scenarios...

1) Devialet will deliver a new OS/streaming board late this year but it will be a disappointment to most existing owners, or

2) Devialet will deliver a new OS/streaming board and it will be of high value to existing and future customers, or

3) Devialet will never deliver a new OS/streaming board

Based on the little we have heard, something will be delivered but they've not given us (yet) any reason to get excited. From a business perspective, however, scenario 2 is the only one that makes any sense. Hey, Devialet has a history of not always doing what it says it will and they clearly suck at communication, but I don't believe they're stupid - at least not when it comes to their products. OK, most of their products... Oh, you know what I mean ;-)

The longer they delay telling us anything, the more threads like this will occur, but that serves little purpose. While I want to hope for the best as much as anyone, I've resigned myself to just wait and see. At least for a few more months.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
I cherish Devialet as a brand. My AIR doesn't work well, and they are terrible at communication, but they upgrade their products for a reasonable fee to the latest models, and offer new technology some of which is forgettable but some of which is amazing. I think there's far too much whining on this website, although I recognize that is what websites are for.
SYSTEM 1:Grimm MU-1 running Roon Server & Ready//Grimm TPM//GRIMM LS1be
SYSTEM 2: Antipodes DX Roon Server// MiniDSP// Grimm TPM// Dutch & Dutch 8C

(30-Mar-2017, 14:37)AaronG Wrote: I cherish Devialet as a brand. My AIR doesn't work well, and they are terrible at communication, but they upgrade their products for a reasonable fee to the latest models, and offer new technology some of which is forgettable but some of which is amazing. I think there's far too much whining on this website, although I recognize that is what websites are for.

I have the same opinion on Devialet and in my case AIR is working fine.
Devialet Dione

Rotterdam, NL