Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Core Infinity listening impressions and comparisons
Apart from some occasional pops (which seem to be an issue with the Beta FW) during playback, the CI USB input is otherwise sounding excellent. One other bonus is that Devialet have sorted out my remote control which (since the original Pro upgrade) had become a bit of a pain - lack of range and winding up the volume to max or min of its own accord.

James

Melco N1A > Meicord Opal > Devialet 220 Pro > Mogami 2972 > Shahinian Compass
I can't even use my SOtM 200-Ultra the pops and clicks are so frequent while listening to music. However @james n thanks for reporting your finding, please do also mention them to Devialet. I hope they get enough reports on the issue to implement a fix in the next firmware.
SOtM sMS-200-Ultra, SOtM sPS-500, Melco N1A, Rega RP8 (Exact 2), Core Infinity D440 Pro (2 x D220 Pro), Audioquest Diamond Ethernet, USB, Audioquest Castle Rock,  Sonus Faber Olympica I.
I am having my 1000Pro upgraded over the next couple of days.

What's the general concensus, commercial release firmware or the beta version?

Thansk
Beta version IMHO.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
(20-Mar-2018, 03:59)baddog Wrote: Beta version IMHO.
Yes, I’d second that. I think that the beta sounds better than the release candidates.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Thanks Smile
Hi guys,
Since I’m having a problem with being unable to play Mac mini Audirvana through upnp so I cannot compare that to my current Mac mini to Devialet by usb. Did anyone test usb from a Mac to upnp on pro with CI? The reason I’m asking, I’m frustrated as my upnp does not work. However if some one will confirm that usb sq is not worse than upnp or air, then I will sleep well againWink

On another note, I have a lot of iso sacd images on my nas and I found only Audirvana can play them, so who things there is better setup then Mac mini to Devialet and what would it be? Maybe not this forum, sorry for this
Vandersteen 5A, d220 pro CI , Dyrholm Audio x series cables all the way, qnap 451+,Mac mini Audirvana, dedicated circuits. Moscow Russia
(24-Mar-2018, 06:26)Alve Wrote: Hi guys,
Since I’m having a problem with being unable to play Mac mini Audirvana through upnp so I cannot compare that to my current Mac mini to Devialet by usb. Did anyone test usb from a Mac to upnp on pro with CI? The reason I’m asking, I’m frustrated as my upnp does not work. However if some one will confirm that usb sq is not worse than upnp or air, then I will sleep well againWink

On another note, I have a lot of iso sacd images on my nas and I found only Audirvana can play them, so who things there is better setup then Mac mini to Devialet and what would it be? Maybe not this forum, sorry for this
If you don’t want to use Audirvana to play your ISOs, you can use a Mac program by Sonore called ISOtoDSD to convert them, then play them with your chosen software, probably Roon in your case. If you decide to use ISOtoDSD, don’t forget to copy your artwork to the new folder that your DSD files are in.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
@Alve I am currently running Audirvana Plus Version 3.2.6 on my iMac, selecting UPnP: My Devialet is not an issue from the preference menu.
On my Dev I am using the most current Beta Firmware 12.2.10 + DOS 2.2.0 RC3 released on March 23rd. Till now I have been very satisfied with how all streaming services have been performing. By the way I am all hardwired not yet tested the WiFi.
SOtM sMS-200-Ultra, SOtM sPS-500, Melco N1A, Rega RP8 (Exact 2), Core Infinity D440 Pro (2 x D220 Pro), Audioquest Diamond Ethernet, USB, Audioquest Castle Rock,  Sonus Faber Olympica I.
Thanks, just installed the new FW version. However dev states they are still working on the unstable upnp visibility. I’m hard wired too.
Vandersteen 5A, d220 pro CI , Dyrholm Audio x series cables all the way, qnap 451+,Mac mini Audirvana, dedicated circuits. Moscow Russia