Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cracked Phantom
(22-Oct-2016, 06:28)LTCY Wrote: A very unfortunate incident happened today. Murphy's Law happens occasionally. I was on my way to the audio shop to replace my crack phantom. I accidentally dented my phantom woofer during transportation. I have to leave my phantom at the shop for them to check with devialet headoffice if I am still able to do a one to one replacement.

Update: just received a call from the Devialet dealer that they are able to replace the phantom for me. Excellent service from both the Singapore dealer and Devialet.
(24-Oct-2016, 07:52)LTCY Wrote:
(22-Oct-2016, 06:28)LTCY Wrote: A very unfortunate incident happened today. Murphy's Law happens occasionally. I was on my way to the audio shop to replace my crack phantom. I accidentally dented my phantom woofer during transportation. I have to leave my phantom at the shop for them to check with devialet headoffice if I am still able to do a one to one replacement.

Update: just received a call from the Devialet dealer that they are able to replace the phantom for me. Excellent service from both the Singapore dealer and Devialet.

Congrats!! Kudos to Devialet & their Singapore Rep.
(10-Sep-2016, 05:03)Dre Wrote: I didn't notice a red sticker when unboxing my phantom gold. Does anyone with gold have the sticker?

(10-Sep-2016, 11:21)ZeDuke Wrote:
(10-Sep-2016, 05:03)Dre Wrote: I didn't notice a red sticker when unboxing my phantom gold. Does anyone with gold have the sticker?

Nope, the Golds come without stickers (thanks god  Big Grin) and the crack issue has been sorted out.

Hi

On what information do you say the crack issue has been sorted out?
(25-Oct-2016, 11:08)Woodman Wrote:

(10-Sep-2016, 11:21)ZeDuke Wrote:

Nope, the Golds come without stickers (thanks god  Big Grin) and the crack issue has been sorted out.

Hi

On what information do you say the crack issue has been sorted out?

Well, that's what Devialet told me. And I haven't heard any owner of Gold reporting the same problem.
Devialet have confirmed that any silver without a red sticker when unboxed has no likelihood of cracking. Not sure what they did, but guess I will have to make a decision and then will find out when unboxed.
Yes, without the red stickers, they won't crack. Kudos to Devialet for superb service in this matter.
To those who have had their silvers replaced with new ones, what was the process? Did you have to return them to the stores where purchased or back to Devialet? If back to Devialet were you without the speakers for some time? Did they wait to receive them and then send replacements?

Mine are cracked and I'm not too keen on having to wait for replacements.

Also, I'm in Canada - should I be contacting their France customer support?
Mine was replaced by the shop but I also had some damaged in transport so it was not only the crack that was a problem.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

I removed the red stickers from my silver phantoms and noticed the cracking issue detailed in this thread. I contacted Devialet support who told me that this is a known issue and that they would replace the units for me. This was the process they described:

"Devialet will prepare a shipping label with UPS so that you may return us the cracked Phantoms. Once we have received these we will be sending you the replacing Phantoms."

I didn't want to be without my phantoms for so long, so I got in contact with the Devialet store I bought them from. Long story short, I took them in to the store and they agreed to replace them with new units Smile
They also let me have a listen to the Gold Phantoms, and I was blown away by the difference. As I was already returning two silvers, they let me pay the difference to upgrade to the golds. So if you have this issue on your phantoms and you've been tempted by the golds then this is a good opportunity for an upgrade.
(17-Nov-2016, 13:50)stadidas Wrote: I removed the red stickers from my silver phantoms and noticed the cracking issue detailed in this thread. I contacted Devialet support who told me that this is a known issue and that they would replace the units for me. This was the process they described:

"Devialet will prepare a shipping label with UPS so that you may return us the cracked Phantoms. Once we have received these we will be sending you the replacing Phantoms."

I didn't want to be without my phantoms for so long, so I got in contact with the Devialet store I bought them from. Long story short, I took them in to the store and they agreed to replace them with new units Smile
They also let me have a listen to the Gold Phantoms, and I was blown away by the difference. As I was already returning two silvers, they let me pay the difference to upgrade to the golds. So if you have this issue on your phantoms and you've been tempted by the golds then this is a good opportunity for an upgrade.

Were you still blown away by the difference in your own room?