Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cracked Phantom
(17-Nov-2016, 15:47)Gremlin Wrote:
(17-Nov-2016, 13:50)stadidas Wrote: I removed the red stickers from my silver phantoms and noticed the cracking issue detailed in this thread. I contacted Devialet support who told me that this is a known issue and that they would replace the units for me. This was the process they described:

"Devialet will prepare a shipping label with UPS so that you may return us the cracked Phantoms. Once we have received these we will be sending you the replacing Phantoms."

I didn't want to be without my phantoms for so long, so I got in contact with the Devialet store I bought them from. Long story short, I took them in to the store and they agreed to replace them with new units Smile
They also let me have a listen to the Gold Phantoms, and I was blown away by the difference. As I was already returning two silvers, they let me pay the difference to upgrade to the golds. So if you have this issue on your phantoms and you've been tempted by the golds then this is a good opportunity for an upgrade.

Were you still blown away by the difference in your own room?
Yes, even though I can't have them up as loud as in the listening room at Devialet. The mids are more transparent and the top end extension is better. Also the hissing noise is significantly reduced compared to the silvers.
Saw this thread and decided to check underneath my two phantoms. Guess what I'm in the same boat as everyone else. Ive sent an email to support, awaiting a response.
So. What came first? The chicken or the egg?  By this, I mean: do the stickers cause the cracks, or are the stickers put on to highlight where the cracks are?  My money is on the latter. I think that the stickers are put on by Devialet's quality control and somehow the Phantoms find their way into the supply chain. I could be wrong, but I think it's unlikely that a sticker will cause a fairly thick piece of plastic to crack.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
My third Phantom came with a red sticker. I removed it when I received it. No cracks on it by now. I'm keeping observing whether it develops cracks. My first two Phantoms are very early versions and had blue stickers on, which I removed when I got the speakers. Also no cracks so far. All three are Silver Phantoms.
(03-Nov-2016, 01:38)rkmomo Wrote: To those who have had their silvers replaced with new ones, what was the process? Did you have to return them to the stores where purchased or back to Devialet? If back to Devialet were you without the speakers for some time? Did they wait to receive them and then send replacements?

Mine are cracked and I'm not too keen on having to wait for replacements.

Also, I'm in Canada - should I be contacting their France customer support?

I have a pair and both crack few weeks apart. The first one was a 1-to-1 swap. The second one was sent to the dealer and had to wait approximately 2 weeks for the new one to come in.
(03-Nov-2016, 12:25)octaviars Wrote: Mine was replaced by the shop but I also had some damaged in transport so it was not only the crack that was a problem.

My first phantom was damaged during transportation to the dealer for exchange. Fortunately for me, Devialet still agreed for the swap even thought the damage was done by me.
Hi,
First time post on this forum. I purchased a Silver Phantom new direct from Devialet (via the Enjoy delivery service advertised on the website) in early October, including the Devialet Care. Noticed a crack at the end of October, after less than one month of ownership. I immediately contacted Devialet and sent them a picture. They acknowledged the defect, indicated that I've qualified for a replacement, yet it is a month later and I still don't have a replacement speaker. Each time I call Devialet or start a chat on the Devialet website, they are unable to provide me with a status on my replacement. This is a bit alarming, not even being able to provide me with an update. Has anyone had a similar experience? Is this simply how long it takes? Any advice to prompt action?
Mine took 6 weeks to get sorted. You have to actually call their customer care and follow up with emails. They seem to lack coordination because in my case I returned 2 silver phantoms due to the cracks but only 1 was sent back as replacement. I had to call to request for the second one. A guy called Antonin helped. I was breathing down their necks in the end they gave me a free remote because even my dialog was replaced at the beginning due to fault.
Welcome, you two guys. Smile 
What with the Devialet recruitment drive and tales of woe on here, it appears that Devialet have underestimated the popularity of the Expert upgrade program.
IMHO they're too busy with that to look after customers such as yourself. 
Hope you get it sorted soon. If you're in the UK, it might be worth getting in touch with their UK representative, whose name and contacts I think were mentioned in one of the bosses (Guillaume's) posts.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
for me more than 1 week and no news no answer for the exchange !