Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crackling noise with AIR WLAN
(14-Jan-2015, 17:40)midi Wrote:
(14-Jan-2015, 11:30)madumm Wrote: They are working on a fix now for 2.1.4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks, but as I have bought the 120, I thought I will be no AIR beta-tester...

Not sure, I have 200 as well.
What I do know is that recent Mac OS update screwed around a bit on core audio and network interface. I think there are some buffet issues as well with Yosemite.

Initial 2.1.4 test wasn't looking good, so they will let me know of the next release of 2.1.4 that I can test. Once I have it and tested, will let you guys know.

(14-Jan-2015, 17:40)midi Wrote:
(14-Jan-2015, 11:30)madumm Wrote: They are working on a fix now for 2.1.4.

thanks, but as I have bought the 120, I thought I will be no AIR beta-tester...

Quite! I felt like an AIR beta tester when the first wireless modules were posted to me for my D-Premiers! That was years ago. Just when I had it working fine Air was completely re-written as V2 to make it a "virtual sound card" rather than be integrated into the Mac and using iTunes. It has had problems ever since.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

to whom it may concern:

I hoped Yosemite 10.10.2 will be a improvement - unfortunately, I was wrong.

The same problem with AIR-Wifi. Even worse, now with crackling noise and interruptions.

Very disappointing.

Now I´m testing AIR Ethernet. I will report.

6.500 € and the essentiell function is not working ant the only perceivable solution should be to invest 300-400 € for the DIALOG which is coming in months !
A fix is in the way as what I have heard. However beta 2.1.4 is still not available for testing yet.

I have ordered a mac mini to use it as a server (connected to a NAS) by USB with the Devialet.

I´m unsure whether it's worth or I should wait for the fix or the DIALOG.

Do you have any advice ?
I built Beagleboard with Volumio which works. I will wait for dialog.

(31-Jan-2015, 19:59)midi Wrote: I have ordered a mac mini to use it as a server (connected to a NAS) by USB with the Devialet.

I´m unsure whether it's worth or I should wait for the fix or the DIALOG.

Do you have any advice ?

I hear you and it should not be the case that one has to invest more money to buy a new product to sort out issues of a current product. If this is Devialet approach to solve Air issues by trying to sell us Dialog then I will be very disappointed.

However if Dialog will bring new and additional functionality and on top of that solve the current Air issues then it might be ok.

Having said that and from what we heard and/or read so far, I suggest you wait until we see dialog in action and then you can have an informed decision on which way to go

Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
I have this exact same problem. Glad I dont have a faulty machine.
MBP 2011 running Mavericks, 120 latest software.
Crackles and drop outs on AIR wiFi and ethernet. unusable
Toslink optical works fine.
Will wait for an update....
Devialet 250 FW 9.0.1 SOLD
Replaced with Naim NSC222 and NAP250 NC

Atohm GT SE1, REL stereo Subwoofers. Atacama stands filled with atabites. Granite speaker stand plinths. Mogami speaker cables, Music Works heavy duty power cable.
Quadraspire 'toilet seat' acrylic rack
Sources:
1. Mac Mini 2021 M1
- Qobuz/Audirvana Studio/ Audirvana app on iPad (Via Mac mini)
2. Vertere DG-1 with Magneto upgraded to fine line stylus

Hey Everyone,

Just joined the forum and purchased a Devialet 120 a few days ago and as much as I enjoy the kit, the crackling noise and signal interruption is driving me nuts. Coming from a UPnP environment and all-in-one amp/DAC/streamer, dropouts were non existent. After 48 hours with the 120 and these somewhat constant glitches, I am feeling that the honeymoon may be over !

I am using a Macbook Pro, OS X 10.10.2 and AIR 2.1.3. The Devialet is connected to the Airport Extreme via ethernet, NAS is also connected via ethernet, computer is on wi-fi

Hoping to solve this by adding a dedicated Mac Mini to the network via ethernet, keep the library on the existing NAS and using OS X 10.9 and the recent version of AIR on the Mac Mini. Will also introduce a ethernet switch this weekend to tidy things up.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to improve the networking or any other suggestions, would love to hear them

Cheers
Ants
That's my setup and it doesn't solve the probvlem...
I've just bought a Moon MiND instead of dealing with all the internet issues with AIR. A shame that this issue ruins the Devialet experience for Mac owners....
Devialet 250 FW 9.0.1 SOLD
Replaced with Naim NSC222 and NAP250 NC

Atohm GT SE1, REL stereo Subwoofers. Atacama stands filled with atabites. Granite speaker stand plinths. Mogami speaker cables, Music Works heavy duty power cable.
Quadraspire 'toilet seat' acrylic rack
Sources:
1. Mac Mini 2021 M1
- Qobuz/Audirvana Studio/ Audirvana app on iPad (Via Mac mini)
2. Vertere DG-1 with Magneto upgraded to fine line stylus