Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DEVIALET now Roon Ready.
(20-Feb-2019, 14:32)NickB Wrote:
(20-Feb-2019, 13:32)PeppaPig Wrote:
(20-Feb-2019, 09:17)Pim Wrote: Have you tried changing bass or treble?

Yes Pim, I changed the bass and it does reflect to the signal Path.

Somehow my Roon still showing uncertified, even I restarted the Roon Server. Any idea?

I powered off my Devialet by unpluggung the power cord and restarted it and then it became certified.

I turned the power off from the wall switch for 1 hour and turn it back on, still shown Uncertified... Mine is OdA.
Now I suspect all OdA is “Uncertified”.
Technics SL-1200G | Ortofon Cadenza Bronze | Audio Technica AT-ART9 | Hana ML
Nucleus+ | Melco N1ZS/2EX | D100 | S100 | Telegärtner M12 | Accustic Arts Drive II
Devialet Original d'Atelier | Vivid Audio G3 Giya
Gold Phantom Opéra de Paris
S  I  N  G  A  P  O  R  E
Until last week I was using Aries Mini with internal SSD into Core Infinity or Air from a MacBook.
Now using an Innuos Zen Mk3 by ethernet direct into Core Infinity with no filters.
I must admit I'm blown away with the quality and improvement.
250 Pro CI; Innuos Zen Mk3; Claro dual turntable (Expert Stylus Denon + OL Aladdin Mk2); RCM Sensor2; Wilson Sabrina; OePhi speaker cables; Puritan PM156 conditioner and Ultimate cables.
Ssfas i have innuos zen mrk 3 ,but Can you explain hov you connect your innuos too devialet , i use devialet With internet cable, i have disconnect wifi becorse i have a ploblem With wifi, and hiss When i play records.
AVM  8.3  Rosso volterra 2 ,speaker cable and other cable audio note , turntable tt2 de luxe , caridge clearaudio carisma mm, primare bd mrk 2 shyunata power generator,
i have talk to devialet regarding to uncertified issue, they think its a roon issue.
(01-Mar-2019, 00:54)PeppaPig Wrote: i have talk to devialet regarding to uncertified issue, they think its a roon issue.

I'm not so sure it's a Roon issue. For a start it seems to be more prevalent with 140s than with other models and that's interesting. Second, when I did the update Roon not only showed my amp as uncertified but also failed to identify it as a 140. It only showed it as a 140 after I removed the amp from power for a brief period then restored power and turned it on. When I tried reinstalling the firmware in case something had gone wrong with the original install, the same thing happened. Roon failed to recognise my 140 as a 140 after the update, simply calling it a Devialet but not stating the model, but recognised it again after I removed the amp from power for a period and then reconnecting it to power and restarting. It's obvious that Roon can correctly identify my amp as a 140 but there's some reason to do with the firmware that prevents that from happening until after the amp has been disconnected from power then reconnected and restarted.

Given that all I have to do to ensure that Roon doesn't recognise my amp as a 140 is to reinstall the firmware update (it needs to be added that Roon recognises it as a 140 for the purposes of AIR immediately the update finishes), I think it's clear there's something funny with Devialet's update for the 140. At least 1 other user on the Devialet forum has reported the same issue of Roon not recognising the 140 as a 140 for the Roon Ready connection. I think that there is at least one minor bug in the firmware update affecting the 140 and how Roon recognises it.

That doesn't guarantee that whatever is causing Roon not to recognise at least some 140s as certified is a Devialet problem but if there is one bug affecting the 140 and how Roon recognises it, then there may well be another bug or both issues, the uncertified issue and the initial failure to recognise a 140 as a 140, are both different aspects of the same bug and that removing the amp from power and then restarting it fixes one problem but doesn't fix the other.

Roon are looking at it and I have no doubt that the problem will be fixed but in the meantime I'm not sure whose problem it is. It may be Roon's or it may be Devialet's. Time will tell.

In the meantime Roon seems to be working perfectly, even if it does keep telling me my amp is uncertified, and I'm happy listening to it while someone sorts out what the problem is.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
I've submitted support tickets with both Roon and Devialet for the Uncertified alert on my 140 CI and will update here with any solutions. (I won't be surprised if each blames the other though.) Unlike Dave A, the Dev update worked on the first try and my Roon app identifies the unit as a 140, but despite power cycling the entire system several times after disabling the Dev in Roon as RAAT, Air and AirPlay, then re-enabling after cycling the power, the Uncertified alert remains.
Silver lining is the system works fine.
I too have the same problems as above with my 140 CI will be watching this chat with interest
Hi all, with the latest updated from Roon, OdA become certified now after restart the Roon Server.
(02-Mar-2019, 07:50)PeppaPig Wrote: Hi all, with the latest updated from Roon, OdA become certified now after restart the Roon Server.

Which update is that? According to Roon's site, the latest update is Version 1.6, build 401, released 10 days ago. That update did nothing for those of us  with 140s showing as uncertified, even after restarting Roon Server after the restart which is automatically required after actual installation of the update.

If we're to talk about updates having an effect upon this problem, whether the update be from Roon or from Devialet, we really need to specify the update with full version details so that everyone knows exactly what we're talking about.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia