Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DOS 2.12.3 + Devialet app 1.14: it’s there
(02-Feb-2021, 04:58)ragwo Wrote:
(02-Feb-2021, 04:33)torikelz4545 Wrote: No EQ features in the app?

Parametric EQ?
Night mode is the only EQ feature. No parametric EQ I'm afraid.

What is night mode?

Is there an official explanation of what it is?

Is it like an equal loudness curve?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equal-loudness_contour
(02-Feb-2021, 07:31)torikelz4545 Wrote:
(02-Feb-2021, 04:58)ragwo Wrote:
(02-Feb-2021, 04:33)torikelz4545 Wrote: No EQ features in the app?

Parametric EQ?
Night mode is the only EQ feature. No parametric EQ I'm afraid.

What is night mode?

It reduces the bass. On DOS1 it was from 50 Hz and down.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(02-Feb-2021, 07:35)ragwo Wrote:
(02-Feb-2021, 07:31)torikelz4545 Wrote:
(02-Feb-2021, 04:58)ragwo Wrote: Night mode is the only EQ feature. No parametric EQ I'm afraid.

What is night mode?

It reduces the bass. On DOS1 it was from 50 Hz and down.

The Night modus is now much better then with spark for the sound quality
What about this new feature:

- It is now possible to enter standby mode via the new Remote.

How do I enter to standby mode from new Remote?
(02-Feb-2021, 05:45)trashken Wrote: Just updated. Bummed that it only supports up to 24/48

Turn off the enable MQA core decoder under advanced setting[Image: 7f645d76f761fd456e66ba9ba3602079.jpg]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
(02-Feb-2021, 14:38)borisy Wrote:
(02-Feb-2021, 05:45)trashken Wrote: Just updated. Bummed that it only supports up to 24/48

Turn off the enable MQA core decoder under advanced setting[Image: 7f645d76f761fd456e66ba9ba3602079.jpg]

That didn't work

[Image: lKAYE8Z.png]
Current: Phantom Silvers, Oppo 105D (Toslink), Raspberry Pi + Digi+, ROON
Pre-Phantom: PenAudio Rebel2, Nuforce MCH-2C5, Oppo 105D (Analog)
(02-Feb-2021, 14:53)trashken Wrote:
(02-Feb-2021, 14:38)borisy Wrote:

That didn't work

[Image: lKAYE8Z.png]

Hmm.... Right it downsamples all non MQA files to 48khz.. That sucks

(02-Feb-2021, 05:41)invictus005 Wrote: After trying for an hour, my Phantom Gold (Opera de Paris) system is completely broken after this update. No procedure corrects this problem, including the full blown correct reset (WiFi and speakers). Airplay 2 no longer connects. AUX sources do not switch. Speakers randomly restart and randomly play either the right or the left speaker. Or randomly become missing in the app. I’ve spent tens (plural) of thousands of dollars with this company, so I have a pretty short temper when it comes to nonsense like this. It’s not the first time that this sort of mess happened, but it is the first time in which I have not been able to correct it. They best get on it. Every time I have to deal with something like this it becomes more of a guarantee that if Apple ever comes out with a high end speaker, I will drop Devialet without thinking twice. I’ve done exactly that by returning the Geminis and getting the Apple AirPod Pros.

Here is a long shot, but do you have a complex network at home?  When I updated from DOS I to DOS II I made the mistake of not clarifying which network my phantoms were to connect to an they in turn were connecting to different networks.  Had I anticipated this issue from the outset, I would have saved myself some grief and time.  I got things working eventually but it took some patience.
(02-Feb-2021, 05:41)invictus005 Wrote: After trying for an hour, my Phantom Gold (Opera de Paris) system is completely broken after this update. No procedure corrects this problem, including the full blown correct reset (WiFi and speakers). Airplay 2 no longer connects. AUX sources do not switch. Speakers randomly restart and randomly play either the right or the left speaker. Or randomly become missing in the app. I’ve spent tens (plural) of thousands of dollars with this company, so I have a pretty short temper when it comes to nonsense like this. It’s not the first time that this sort of mess happened, but it is the first time in which I have not been able to correct it. They best get on it. Every time I have to deal with something like this it becomes more of a guarantee that if Apple ever comes out with a high end speaker, I will drop Devialet without thinking twice. I’ve done exactly that by returning the Geminis and getting the Apple AirPod Pros.

I could have written this EXACT same post. If it weren't for my persistence and resistance to accept their b.s. and not solve the issue, I'd have speakers that wouldn't have worked even before this update. To think that this update was released AFTER beta testing (supposedly) and have these types of problems is completely unacceptable for a "high end" product with a price point like the Phantom Golds.
(02-Feb-2021, 15:03)borisy Wrote: Hmm.... Right it downsamples all non MQA files to 48khz.. That sucks

No, Phantom down samples all content.

See my reply to your post in 'RAAT vs UPNP' thread.