Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DOS 2.12.5 is released
I’m still on 2.12.3, no update available. I have 2 phantom Golds and tried any type of reset. I’m situated in The Netherlands...

Already contacted Devialet customer service (or customer ignorance...) several times, still no reply or a sound solution. Anyone experiencing the same?
(18-Feb-2021, 09:57)Johnnydev Wrote:
(17-Feb-2021, 12:27)struts Wrote:
(17-Feb-2021, 11:26)Greyanglia Wrote: Phew! All done for me first time which was a relief given some of the problems others have encountered. 
What are the benefits of the new release as cannot seem to find anything on it?

2.12.5 contains fixes for the problems introduced in 2.12.3 (https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...DOS-2-12-5).  
2.12.3 contained a whole raft of enhancements over 2.11 (https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...DOS-2-12-3)

After a few days of using Dos 2.12.5, I would like to advise anyone who is still using Dos1, switch to DOS2.

Even without using Roon or audirvana the sound quality has definitely increased quite a bit by using UPnP (ethernetradio, own files en streaming) and optical (TV)

I use wired ethernet.

Both yes and no Johny. There is some great stuff with Dos 2.12.5 BUT there is a lot of stuff missing from DOS1 24/96. The thin veil is back and I do not like it. I wish I could go back to DOS1
(18-Feb-2021, 19:59)howcho Wrote:
(17-Feb-2021, 12:27)struts Wrote: 2.12.5 contains fixes for the problems introduced in 2.12.3 (https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...DOS-2-12-5).  
2.12.3 contained a whole raft of enhancements over 2.11 (https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...DOS-2-12-3)

After a few days of using Dos 2.12.5, I would like to advise anyone who is still using Dos1, switch to DOS2.

Even without using Roon or audirvana the sound quality has definitely increased quite a bit by using UPnP (ethernetradio, own files en streaming) and optical (TV)

I use wired ethernet.

Both yes and no Johny. There is some great stuff with Dos 2.12.5 BUT there is a lot of stuff missing from DOS1 24/96. The thin veil is back and I do not like it. I wish I could go back to DOS1

I’ll stay on DOS1 until I have seen all what DOS1 offers is available in DOS2. And I include here Roon that I have, else DOS2 would (in my opinion) not come close to DOS1. Spark has full integration of several streaming services (important Qobuz that in Spark allows me to stream my hires purchases, not so in Roon) only Red book with my subscription. But the slightly better implementation of RAAT vs. using RPi’s and Roon bridge could make a reason. Let’s see if there is an advantage in SQ using DOS1 vs. DOS2. If not, I might scarify better signal path representation of RPi RAAT through optical vs. Devialet Phantom RAAT.
(18-Feb-2021, 19:59)howcho Wrote: Both yes and no Johny. There is some great stuff with Dos 2.12.5 BUT there is a lot of stuff missing from DOS1 24/96. The thin veil is back and I do not like it. I wish I could go back to DOS1

Let’s see if it really was there to begin with. At this point I don’t think we really know if we were ever actually getting 24/96 all the way through to the reconstruction filter. But @streamy and I plan to find out. Stay tuned!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(17-Feb-2021, 12:27)struts Wrote: 2.12.5 contains fixes for the problems introduced in 2.12.3 (https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...DOS-2-12-5).  

I use wired ethernet.

I can’t understand it. Do you use UPnP and/or optical?

UPnP:
- Ethernetradio with creation 5+.
- Qobuz and own storage with M-connect HD.

Optical:
- TV
(19-Feb-2021, 09:42)Johnnydev Wrote:
(18-Feb-2021, 09:57)Johnnydev Wrote: After a few days of using Dos 2.12.5, I would like to advise anyone who is still using Dos1, switch to DOS2.

I use wired ethernet.

I can’t understand it. Do you use UPnP and/or optical?

UPnP:
- Ethernetradio with creation 5+.
- Qobuz and own storage with M-connect HD.

Optical:
- TV
I run Tidal MQA through Node2i optical to the old heater.... Worked fine on Dos1
Just update to 2.12.5 from 2.12.3
Everything was quick and smooth to both my Phanthom Silver Classic Gen 1.
I'm using Node2i optical out. Im streaming Tidal, Qubuz and Spotify and was all working smooth and sound good as usual.
I sold my bluesound node 2i after the upgrade to Dos2.
Absolutely no more contribution to better SQ. perhaps in terms of layout and use.
(20-Feb-2021, 11:17)Johnnydev Wrote: I sold my bluesound node 2i after the upgrade to Dos2.
Absolutely no more contribution to better SQ. perhaps in terms of layout and use.

Pretty big diff right now when I go between them both, but MQA is not everyones bag, so ok. It was substantially bigger on Dos1 when the original specs for the Phantom was available. But, that is my opinion and does not to be everyones.    Shy