Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DOS 2.8.5 - Password for speaker
Hi,

I updated my golds today to DOS 2.8.5.
On DOS1 in Spark I was able to set a Airplay password for the speaker.

Is it right this is no longer possible with the new Devialet APP?
I cannot find this option.

Would be awesome to have this feature back. Ideally also a way to set a password for the bluetooth connection.

Thanks,
Ben
No, you’re right, AirPlay password protection is not currently available in the new app. Presumably they will add it back as it is quite useful - especially when children each have their own systems in different rooms but on a shared network!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, that's why. Passport protection is really missed.

I hope it will be back soon and additionally available for bluetooth as well.
When setting up the phantom with an iPhone it brought me to the setup in apples settings which prompted me for a password, but yes in the actual app it isn’t changeable like in spark

Yes, that's the usual Wifi password. However, everyone within the wifi network is no able to use the speaker and there is no option to password protect it anymore.
Here’s an idea — set up a guest network on your router for anyone you want to have Internet access but no way of controlling your Phantoms.
Devialet Phantom Gold Duo | Devialet Phantom Reactor 600 Duo | 2x New Devialet Remote | 4x HiFiBerry RAAT endpoints & low-cost passive speakers — Roon Lifetime
That would be a partial workaround. The use case I have is three kids who each have an AirPlay-driven music system in their bedroom and by accident or just to irritate each other occasionally stream to each other’s rooms. Password protecting each AirPlay end point (including the one in our bedroom!) is a very simple and effective solution. Creating virtual wireless networks for each room would be entirely feasible but unnecessarily complex.

(04-Dec-2019, 22:01)Bbnsound Wrote: Hi,

I updated my golds today to DOS 2.8.5.
On DOS1 in Spark I was able to set a Airplay password for the speaker.

Is it right this is no longer possible with the new Devialet APP?
I cannot find this option.

Would be awesome to have this feature back. Ideally also a way to set a password for the bluetooth connection.

Thanks,
Ben

You can.  It's not in the app. 

Go to the ip address for the Phantom using a web browser.  It has a web server with some settings including Airplay pin.
(05-Dec-2019, 10:00)mvrlondon Wrote: You can.  It's not in the app. 

Go to the ip address for the Phantom using a web browser.  It has a web server with some settings including Airplay pin.

Great catch. Thanks!

Awesome!
What's the easiest way to get the IP of my Phantom?