Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Delay on a stable version of Core Infinity
Got an email from Quentin Sannié, Devialet CEO, with his 'honest & open' hat on today...

Seems that they have been having problems, which will delay a stable version of the sware for the new board being delivered......aim to release the official 2.2 Version by mid-December.

Some interesting snippets in the email.

Guess you all that are waiting for your 'call' to send your Expert will have this email now?

Blush
Fairford UK area - Devialet 440, Aurender Streamer- Linked to QNAP NAS 453mini - Triangle Signature Deltas, Van Damme Professional Blue Series Studio Grade 2 x 4.0 mm cables, Moon Neo 260D DC Transport, Dell notebook Client linked both ethernet & wifi.
I would hope Devialet get a basic stable version by say January/February 2018 and then run a Beta programme, like Linn, Auralic and no doubt others. I just updated my QNAP yesterday and I was given the option of QTS 4.3.3 or QTS 4.4 Beta.
250 Pro CI; Innuos Zen Mk3; Claro dual turntable (Expert Stylus Denon + OL Aladdin Mk2); RCM Sensor2; Wilson Sabrina; OePhi speaker cables; Puritan PM156 conditioner and Ultimate cables.
You can join the follow up conversation on Quentin's message here: https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...y-Software
There was a small window where I put the ridicule aside and allowed myself to be optimistic about Devialet.

I think @Confused coined the phrase ‘the only thing predictable about Devialet is that they’re unpredictable’.

Except, it seems, when it comes to software/firmware and communication where they’re utterly predictable and so bad it’s just laughable. I don’t take it too seriously or worry about it any more but I do find it kind of surreal - if a film were made about Devialet’s shambolic and chaotic performance, hiding behind glossy marketing BS, you’d think it was totally unbelievable. It’s that bad.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(09-Nov-2017, 23:08)Hifi_swlon Wrote: There was a small window where I put the ridicule aside and allowed myself to be optimistic about Devialet.

I think @Confused coined the phrase ‘the only thing predictable about Devialet is that they’re unpredictable’.

Except, it seems, when it comes to software/firmware and communication where they’re utterly predictable and so bad it’s just laughable. I don’t take it too seriously or worry about it any more but I do find it kind of surreal - if a film were made about Devialet’s shambolic and chaotic performance, hiding behind glossy marketing BS, you’d think it was totally unbelievable. It’s that bad.

At least this time they realize that things are severe as more customers loosing trust and are willing to turn to other brands if things aren't fixed - and they get a stable framework for their future development.
Well, am truly glad that you received an email from Quentin Sannieé giving some form of explanation about a further delay to a year long delay. Having spent a five figure sum for an incomplete product and had all patience completely exhausted, I thought maybe I might have merited an email from M. Sannié, but no, nada, niente, zilch! Quite clearly Devialet have been seduced by the attractions of a bigger market via the Phantom and Sky boxes while the Expert Customers have been teased and taunted for over a year. This is not customer service, this is customer abuse.
Also disappointment with Devialet that their 'chat' is only available for questions regarding Phantom.

I understand there are only 2 in the Customer Care team assigned to Expert owners for correspondence, hence having to wait a minimum of 1 day+ for any queries regarding Experts, whereas Phantom owners can get to speak to someone on-line instantly via 'chat'.

Shows where the Expert models fall in the order of priority compared to Phantom's for Devialet
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
(09-Nov-2017, 23:08)Hifi_swlon Wrote: There was a small window where I put the ridicule aside and allowed myself to be optimistic about Devialet.

Optimist here. What's this about "the death of Air" in your signature?

Originally Air didn't work for me because of my wifi setup, now it is hardwired I set it up this evening in 5 minutes and it is working perfectly to 24/192 ethernet and 24/96 wifi. The 24/192 by wifi just can't hack it, but Qobuz in OSX has a drop-down list to chose a maximum sample rate, so I can just drop it down a step. 
Part of the wifi problem seems to be sending at 5g and then the router switching to 2.4g. Changing the macbook to the 2.4gb band makes it much better, but it is not quite there. With 5g it should be no hassle.
250 Pro CI; Innuos Zen Mk3; Claro dual turntable (Expert Stylus Denon + OL Aladdin Mk2); RCM Sensor2; Wilson Sabrina; OePhi speaker cables; Puritan PM156 conditioner and Ultimate cables.
(10-Nov-2017, 01:00)ssfas Wrote: Originally Air didn't work for me because of my wifi setup, now it is hardwired I set it up this evening in 5 minutes and it is working perfectly to 24/192 ethernet and 24/96 wifi. The 24/192 by wifi just can't hack it, but Qobuz in OSX has a drop-down list to chose a maximum sample rate, so I can just drop it down a step. 
Part of the wifi problem seems to be sending at 5g and then the router switching to 2.4g. Changing the macbook to the 2.4gb band makes it much better, but it is not quite there. With 5g it should be no hassle.

Happy to hear that it works for you. I can therefore understand your happiness and optimism.

Please try to understand that there are also people who have never got it working. I am sure that you would understand this situation better if you would have gone through all the same things that for example I have during the last 2,5 years regarding the AIR.

Keep it positive but please don't attack against us who have been victims of the AIR problems for years.
Bluesound Node > Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 > Genelec 8351B & 7360A
Devialet 1000 Pro
Bluesound Node 2i > Genelec 8330
Tampere, Finland
(10-Nov-2017, 06:41)petrik Wrote:
(10-Nov-2017, 01:00)ssfas Wrote: Originally Air didn't work for me because of my wifi setup, now it is hardwired I set it up this evening in 5 minutes and it is working perfectly to 24/192 ethernet and 24/96 wifi. The 24/192 by wifi just can't hack it, but Qobuz in OSX has a drop-down list to chose a maximum sample rate, so I can just drop it down a step. 

Happy to hear that it works for you. I can therefore understand your happiness and optimism.

Please try to understand that there are also people who have never got it working. I am sure that you would understand this situation better if you would have gone through all the same things that for example I have during the last 2,5 years regarding the AIR.

Keep it positive but please don't attack against us who have been victims of the AIR problems for years.

All I am doing is advocating that Devialet should prioritise developing their own superb, reliable wireless protocol, which is the basis of any good streaming system. 

My experience is that it may have a lot to do with users' wifi network, but with the existing hardware it is possibly a bit like trying to win the Monaco Grand Prix in a Fiat 500. It may look good, it's just not fast enough.