Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet 440 Pro CI not sounding great...
From my experience, Devialet Expert (Pro) does not match very well with pure silver cables/interconnects.
Try to replace the AudioQuest Diamond cables by cheaper AQ's, or other non-100% silver cables.
I've owned AQ Diamond USB and pure silver speaker cables; but replaced them by cheaper and much better sounding "Love Cable".  
That helped in my case.
I listen to Tidal via my apple laptop--USB--D220 pro CI-Dynaudio confidence C1 platinum. C1 speakers are rather inefficient (4 ohms). I contacted Devialet consult on what I can add to my system to dramatically improve sound quality, clarity. They suggested D440 pro. For that price, I could get much better speakers. Which option would the members of this forum pick?
(26-Jul-2019, 04:03)chungjh Wrote: I listen to Tidal via my apple laptop--USB--D220 pro CI-Dynaudio confidence C1 platinum. C1 speakers are rather inefficient (4 ohms). I contacted Devialet consult on what I can add to my system to dramatically improve sound quality, clarity. They suggested D440 pro. For that price, I could get  much better speakers. Which option would the members of this forum pick?

i just posted in your thread elsewhere. BTW, asking an amplifier manufacturer about how to improve your sound quality will never lead to 'get better speakers'. That's just not how business works.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(26-Jul-2019, 08:59)Pim Wrote:
(26-Jul-2019, 04:03)chungjh Wrote: I listen to Tidal via my apple laptop--USB--D220 pro CI-Dynaudio confidence C1 platinum. C1 speakers are rather inefficient (4 ohms). I contacted Devialet consult on what I can add to my system to dramatically improve sound quality, clarity. They suggested D440 pro. For that price, I could get  much better speakers. Which option would the members of this forum pick?

i just posted in your thread elsewhere. BTW, asking an amplifier manufacturer about how to improve your sound quality will never lead to 'get better speakers'. That's just not how business works.
I agree, but it is an option that I never considered before. But, it seems like D440 pro has significant improvements over D220.