Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet AIR working (mostly) on QNAP virtual server...and a few questions
(12-Mar-2016, 05:20)El_Duderino Wrote: The superior alternative, in my view, from both a user experience and sound quality perspective would be to purchase an Intel NUC.  Both the 5th generation i5 versions seem to work fine based on my (limited) experience and the more extensive experience of others on this forum.  You can then install Windows 10 on the NUC along with Devialet AIR.  The NUC would connect via ethernet to your router, as would the Devialet and the QNAP.  
hello, thanks a lot for your kind attention to my question. I already got feeling that i should change the NAS, even until now i had no problem to stream 24/192 or DSD 64 from NAS.
while you suggest the chain NAS->NUC+Jriver->Devialet, what would be the main difference to NAS->standard PC i5+Foobar->Devialet ? (apart the comfort of Jriver to control everything from a tablet)
Many thanks for your ideas!
Devialet 120, Naim NDX, Clearaudio Performance DC, Horn Manufaktur Allegro NT+Rondo; QNAP TS-212, Foobar2000
(13-Mar-2016, 02:05)AntonG Wrote:
(12-Mar-2016, 05:20)El_Duderino Wrote: The superior alternative, in my view, from both a user experience and sound quality perspective would be to purchase an Intel NUC.  Both the 5th generation i5 versions seem to work fine based on my (limited) experience and the more extensive experience of others on this forum.  You can then install Windows 10 on the NUC along with Devialet AIR.  The NUC would connect via ethernet to your router, as would the Devialet and the QNAP.  
hello, thanks a lot for your kind attention to my question. I already got feeling that i should change the NAS, even until now i had no problem to stream 24/192 or DSD 64 from NAS.
while you suggest the chain NAS->NUC+Jriver->Devialet, what would be the main difference to NAS->standard PC i5+Foobar->Devialet ? (apart the comfort of Jriver to control everything from a tablet)
Many thanks for your ideas!

No difference at all.  I prefer the NUC because it uses very little power, is suitable for 24-7 operation, and is small and unobtrusive.
QNAP TS-453 > ROON on Intel NUC 5i5RYK running Win10 > AIR ethernet to D200 via router > Focal Sopra No 2