Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet Air 2.1.3 is available!
(31-Oct-2014, 15:00)Umetaro Wrote: AIR 2.1.3 - When I mute the system volume in the menu bar (see the screen shot of Yosemite in Japanese), the Devialet volume is also muted. However, I cannot change the volume of the Devialet. I can do only complete muting.

AIR 2.1.2 - The Devialet volume changes along with the system volume change, i.e., Devialet volume up/down/mute.

Looking at it the other way, when you change the devialet volume, the volume on the Mac changes as well. I don't think this is a good thing at all and I wish it did not do it. This has been the same for all versions of AIR I believe.

For a start it should just change the devialet volume. Is it effectively changing the volume twice? How does it work in conjunction with 'bit perfect'. If we have 'bit perfect' set, the same information should be sent to the devialet and only the deviate volume should change.

I think there is something wrong here.
mac mini (2018, Latest MacOS, plain old iTunes) > no name USB cable or AIR3 over ethernet -> Devialet 200 -> Kimber 8TC -> KEF LS50
I had no issue other than the volume with AIR 2.1.3/Yosemite but, after approximately 10 hours of listening, Devialet started making noises on both AIR wifi and AIR ethernet. Then I decided to go back to AIR 2.1.3/Mavericks on SD card. Still I heard noises. I finally went back to AIR 2.1.2/Mavericks and there is no issue. I felt that AIR 2.1.2/Mavericks is slightly better in terms of sound quality than AIR 2.1.3/Yosemite.

Having seen no complaints on AIR 2.1.3/Yosemite, is this only happening to me?
Mac Mini Late 2012(Amarra Symphony/Audirvana)/DELA N1A Mk1 - [AIR Ethernet] -  Devialet 800 (Power Cable - AET HIN AC EVD) - [Speaker Cable - Nanotec Systems SP♯79MK2] - Wilson Audio Sasha
(03-Nov-2014, 14:56)Umetaro Wrote: I had no issue other than the volume with AIR 2.1.3/Yosemite but, after approximately 10 hours of listening, Devialet started making noises on both AIR wifi and AIR ethernet. Then I decided to go back to AIR 2.1.3/Mavericks on SD card. Still I heard noises. I finally went back to AIR 2.1.2/Mavericks and there is no issue. I felt that AIR 2.1.2/Mavericks is slightly better in terms of sound quality than AIR 2.1.3/Yosemite.

Having seen no complaints on AIR 2.1.3/Yosemite, is this only happening to me?

Nope, having upgraded my server at the weekend the sound fell apart after about 40mins... Not impressed! Angry
Melco N1A, Oppo HA-1 AudioCom Special Edition, HiFiMan HE1000
seems a PC is the better choice for AIR, absolutely no problems since 2.1.2
(04-Nov-2014, 09:41)Vivialet Wrote: seems a PC is the better choice for AIR...

Errr... not if the 20 pages of posts on white noise on PCs are anything to go by Huh
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
I think you all should try out a direct ethernet connection to the Devialet. This means from a PC or Mac directly to the Devialet with only an ethernet cable. Also I have disabled AIR WIFI and any other inputs I don't need. By using this setup I have no problems whatsoever, and everything stays in sync! This is with music and video. If you are having trouble setting up this connection, feel free to ask.
Stereo: Sonus Faber Amati Futura - Graphite -> Yter Loudspeaker Cable -> Devialet D250 - Chrome -> LessLoss DFPC Orginal Powercord
Source: Mac Mini -> Devialet Air Ethernet
Control: iPad Air / iPhone 5S -> Apple Remote
(04-Nov-2014, 17:13)IGuardianI Wrote: I think you all should try out a direct ethernet connection to the Devialet. This means from a PC or Mac directly to the Devialet with only an ethernet cable. Also I have disabled AIR WIFI and any other inputs I don't need. By using this setup I have no problems whatsoever, and everything stays in sync! This is with music and video. If you are having trouble setting up this connection, feel free to ask.

It would be great if you could tell us how to do it step-by-step. With the direct ethernet connection, can you use the iOS/Android remote?
Mac Mini Late 2012(Amarra Symphony/Audirvana)/DELA N1A Mk1 - [AIR Ethernet] -  Devialet 800 (Power Cable - AET HIN AC EVD) - [Speaker Cable - Nanotec Systems SP♯79MK2] - Wilson Audio Sasha
(05-Nov-2014, 00:34)Umetaro Wrote: It would be great if you could tell us how to do it step-by-step. With the direct ethernet connection, can you use the iOS/Android remote?

http://devialetchat.com/Thread-Ethernet-...a-Devialet
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
Thanks, Antonie. I am also interested in your USB suggestion in USB vs Ethernet thread. Keep up good work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Any update on Air and Yosemite?
I am still on Mavericks with AIR 2.1.2 and I am wondering if it is time to update to Yosemite.
From what I read here it seems AIR 2.1.3 with Yosemite still has issues, does anybody know if Devialet is working on a another update of AIR?

thanks

Marco