Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet Customer Service is the BEST
(02-Jan-2019, 07:58)David A Wrote: I'll second Pim's comments. Their standard of service can be improved but it's far from the worst service experience I've had. My experience also ended with a great result and that counts for a lot. Companies that really do provide the worst customer service don't deliver great results, they deliver bad results at the end with a lot of bad communication along the way aw well.

You might want to check your spelling David  Tongue
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Yes, you're right :-(

There are 2 spelling errors. I saw one after I posted the reply and decided it wasn't worth correcting. I didn't see the other which is the one I think you very tactfully referred to. Both errors now corrected.

Very many thanks for pointing it out.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
My view is that they provide good hardware service, but poor software and communications service.
Roon, Rega P9 + Dynavector XX2Mk2 > 440 Pro > Sonus Faber Guarneri Evolution
I have had very good experience with Devialet concerning upgrades. Super quick. And I continue to admire them for the way they provide upgrades for their customers -- I began with a 120 and now I have a 220CI. But they are terrible at communication to the point that it is mysterious. What could possibly serve their interest in being so terrible? Perhaps they just expanded so fast that they don't have the resources. But that doesn't explain how they announce something and never follow up. Or perhaps they have a weird culture of secrecy and proprietary nonsense due to the fact that their value as a company rests on distinctive technological innovation? They should really cut that out -- they aren't Apple and it's really maddening.

If you call or email German Physiks or Antipodes you get a response that day and they fix whatever the problem is. If you email Devialet you might not hear for months, or you might.
SYSTEM 1:Grimm MU-1 running Roon Server & Ready//Grimm TPM//GRIMM LS1be
SYSTEM 2: Antipodes DX Roon Server// MiniDSP// Grimm TPM// Dutch & Dutch 8C

(02-Jan-2019, 13:02)alaw Wrote: @Pim the original is fixed, but you may want to edit the quoted text in your post Smile

done
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(02-Jan-2019, 14:31)AaronG Wrote: If you call or email German Physiks or Antipodes you get a response that day and they fix whatever the problem is. If you email Devialet you might not hear for months, or you might.

The question to ask here is how many units do these sell per year and how many does Devialet sell. Then there's the fact that Devialet's are much more complicated than speakers or even a streamer, thus there's more chances for the need of service.
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Sure but I don't think any of that excuses their bad communication practices. It's only to their advantage to improve them, as far as I can tell. At some point they acknowledged the problem, if I remember correctly, but it doesn't seem to be better.
SYSTEM 1:Grimm MU-1 running Roon Server & Ready//Grimm TPM//GRIMM LS1be
SYSTEM 2: Antipodes DX Roon Server// MiniDSP// Grimm TPM// Dutch & Dutch 8C

(02-Jan-2019, 07:43)Pim Wrote:
(02-Jan-2019, 05:00)msl Wrote: Hi there - I started the other thread and I find it interesting that even in this thread you still acknowledge what is by definition bad customer service.

I'm not here to troll or anything else, but for any brand the goal of the customer experience should always be frictionless, with the least amount of pain points. This doesn't ever seem to be the case when it comes to any Devialet experience - their first fail is communication. And that fail seems to continue - I'm glad they made the situation right on your $40K purchase, but if they couldn't do that I would imagine you'd be quite angry about the situation.

I'd love to go to my dealer but I no longer live in that country.

Let's all have a real honest look at this - they cannot seem to figure out how to communicate at the first touch as evidenced by so many stories here (and in other threads). Making things right in the end is not customer service, its last ditch customer retention.

Hi @msl,

I started this thread not as a counter to your thread (even though the title suggests that) but because I am genuinely happy with what Devialet have done for me. 

Customer support isn't always easy. I used to work in consumer electronics and my old employer used to say:" A good customer complains. A bad customer takes their business elsewhere". By that measure you are a good customer, I'm just a happy one. Or call it lucky. 

I don't know what to make of your situation. It seems Devialet is turning into quite a large company. That means the service will mostly have to be provided by dealers and importers first. Devialet do a bit of everything (dealer, importer and themselves) and that can make things confusing. Both for the consumer and Devialet staff themselves. This is somewhat a sign of the time we live in. There used to be much clearer rules before the internet. Nowadays anyone can flick off an email directly to the manufacturer. Overseas phone calls cost nothing more that a few cents. What is a staff member to do with a question about a remote control? The least they should do is give you the contact info of your country's importer. If they fail that, then that's definitely a bad thing. I agree their communication lacks speed and accuracy but once they get the ball rolling I can't fault them.

At the end of the day, everyone will have a different experience. In my old job I've had people buying me white chocolate bars because they knew I liked them and I've had people tell me they never wanted me to step a foot in their place again. Same company, same person. Sometimes it's just the luck of the draw.

I hope you get your problem sorted msl. There's too much fun to be had with the D200 to waste your time chasing up repairs.

Happy new year,

Pim

I'd like to be enjoying my D200...that's the issue. If it was working then I wouldn't have anything to say at all about their customer service other than my purchase experience was pleasant. 

The size, growth, complication, etc...don't excuse behavior - It should signal the need for more investment in customer service infrastructure and other efforts that not only focus on brand expansion. 

The expert system no matter how universally liked or technologically advanced is a product that is getting long in the tooth - especially for us who did not want to invest further thousands in the CI upgrade. High end audio consumers tend to not be very brand loyal (except for a handful of brands)...There will always be a newer, shinier object coming down the road. This is a key inflection point for all of the Expert systems out there that are about to go off warranty (and I bet there are a lot within the next 18 months) - I'd be willing to wager the patience and kind language being used here will change significantly once these costs are no longer covered and actual consumers will be out actual thousands of dollars...and the second hand market tanks.

that is unless its going to be the last high end audio purchase of your life...which brings me back to my original point. Creating a strong culture of customer service to build brand loyalty when things go wrong and you are responsible for those costs (off warranty)

just my $.02
D200, Sonus Faber Olympica I, Linn LP12
Wink 
(02-Jan-2019, 21:13)Pim Wrote:
(02-Jan-2019, 13:02)alaw Wrote: @Pim the original is fixed, but you may want to edit the quoted text in your post Smile

done

Pim & alaw,

Thanks to both of you.

Pim,
You could have simply replaced the letters with asterisks to hide the word. I don't mind being shamed for misspelling  Rolleyes but removing that particular misspelt word is good.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
(02-Jan-2019, 21:18)Pim Wrote:
(02-Jan-2019, 14:31)AaronG Wrote: If you call or email German Physiks or Antipodes you get a response that day and they fix whatever the problem is. If you email Devialet you might not hear for months, or you might.

The question to ask here is how many units do these sell per year and how many does Devialet sell. Then there's the fact that Devialet's are much more complicated than speakers or even a streamer, thus there's more chances for the need of service.

How many toasters or kettles does Breville sell, which one has better communication with it's customers  Dodgy

A 1000Pro is the price of a half decent car her in Australia, and a car is much more complicated than an Expert Pro, but don't see the same lack of communication that Devialet are synonymous for. New CEO comes in and the communication actually gets worse in the case of Expert Pro's. Phantoms seem to have communication release every month, Expert Pro's - how longs a piece of string.

We're told by Devialet that Roon RAAT is their next no. 1 priority for CI Experts and this will be completed by end of 2018. We're now in 2019 and the update communication from Devialet is - Silence!!!

Cheers
John

PS I own an Antipodes CX and the support is 1st class (Tony is available virtually night and day, and Mark is very receptive to any emails addressed to him). Antipodes have also carried out multiple upgrades for existing owners and communication is excellent throughout, and after
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)