Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet Dialog not compatible with expert line until mid 2015
(09-Apr-2015, 20:42)MattC Wrote:
(09-Apr-2015, 20:35)brit Wrote:
(09-Apr-2015, 20:22)MattC Wrote:
(09-Apr-2015, 19:38)brit Wrote: Dialog delivered yesterday afternoon. Despite reports from some of poor quality finish, I must say that mine seems fine, although the rubberised finish does seem to be a likely dirt/dust magnet! As others have reported, instruction manual is so small as to be almost invisible!

It will now sit in cupboard until software update released for use with Expert Line (hopefully in line with Munich in May).

David

I got mine yesterday as well and whilst it seems well made mine has silver specs of what I guess are spray from the little silver vents on each side. Unless of course it's intentional and all part of the design,but I think it's just a bit of poor quality control.

No silver specks on mine - I feel cheated Tongue.

David

I guess mine is a top of the range silver Dialog  Blush
Touché  Smile
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
Mine arrived today, must be special delivery time for forum members. Looks ok for what it is, mine is silver flake free, but does have a couple of shiny marks on the otherwise matt finish rubber.

The instruction manual is hilariously tiny! I also found a top quality eathernet cable in the box. (Grey and unbranded). Bonus!

As a point of note, it's 3 months late, and I have not recieved even a single email from Devialet to advise about delivery delays, the fact it won't actually work with an expert amp etc. Very poor! And some folk got freebies!

And for what it's worth, I have absolutely zero confidence that an update to allow expert range compatibility will be available by Munich, I think Devialet have too many things to fix at the moment and this just won't be high enough priority. We shall see......
And too late to be useful as a room heater. Hey ho.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(09-Apr-2015, 21:08)Confused Wrote: Mine arrived today, must be special delivery time for forum members.  Looks ok for what it is, mine is silver flake free, but does have a couple of shiny marks on the otherwise matt finish rubber.

The instruction manual is hilariously tiny!  I also found a top quality eathernet cable in the box.  (Grey and unbranded). Bonus!

As a point of note, it's 3 months late, and I have not recieved even a single email from Devialet to advise about delivery delays, the fact it won't actually work with an expert amp etc.  Very poor!  And some folk got freebies!

And for what it's worth, I have absolutely zero confidence that an update to allow expert range compatibility will be available by Munich, I think Devialet have too many things to fix at the moment and this just won't be high enough priority.  We shall see......

Yes I also had an Ethernet cable enclosed with mine - unfortunately too short for my Dialog's intended location, so will need to invest in a longer one  Undecided.

Very much hope you are wrong about the update not being available for Munich, but yes let's wait and see  Big Grin.

Next thing will be seeing how robust any update will be - it seems that the Phantom/Spark interface is a bit "flakey" at present, so if my confidence is at a low level it is in the belief that the Expert range/Spark interface will work successfully at first attempt  Confused.

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
I decided to send a query to Devialet to clarify when my newly delivered DIALOG will compatible with the "Expert" range amplifiers. This is Devialet's response:

"Thank you for your confirmation on the reception. Unfortunately we do not yet have a precise date on the subject. We will keep you informed as soon as the compatibility is ready."

So who is still confident that all will be in place in time for Munich?
(10-Apr-2015, 13:14)Confused Wrote: I decided to send a query to Devialet to clarify when my newly delivered DIALOG will compatible with the "Expert" range amplifiers.  This is Devialet's response:

"Thank you for your confirmation on the reception.  Unfortunately we do not yet have a precise date on the subject. We will keep you informed as soon as the compatibility is ready."

So who is still confident that all will be in place in time for Munich?

Becoming less so, but ever hopeful Dodgy .

David
or, as alternative, 

UK
I have found a use for my newly arrived DIALOG which will provide excellent sound quality with my "expert" amp.

I have connected the supplied Ethernet cable and placed the DIALOG next to this morning's copy of the racing post. I have allowed the Ethernet cable to uncoil over today's runners and riders for the Grand National. The end of the DIALOG cable has just selected "Rebel Rebellion" at 50:1. I figure that I could stick the DIALOG on eBay to make a few quid, and put £50 e/w on Rebel Rebellion, thus winning me the asking price for an Aurender. Sorted!
(11-Apr-2015, 08:21)Confused Wrote: I have found a use for my newly arrived DIALOG which will provide excellent sound quality with my "expert" amp.

I have connected the supplied Ethernet cable and placed the DIALOG next to this morning's copy of the racing post.  I have allowed the Ethernet cable to uncoil over today's runners and riders for the Grand National.  The end of the DIALOG cable has just selected "Rebel Rebellion" at 50:1.  I figure that I could stick the DIALOG on eBay to make a few quid, and put £50 e/w on Rebel Rebellion, thus winning me the asking price for an Aurender.  Sorted!

I think that they have found out about your "method" as odds on Rebel Rebellion have dropped to 40:1 Confused.
or, as alternative, 

UK
(11-Apr-2015, 08:21)Confused Wrote: I have found a use for my newly arrived DIALOG which will provide excellent sound quality with my "expert" amp.

I have connected the supplied Ethernet cable and placed the DIALOG next to this morning's copy of the racing post.  I have allowed the Ethernet cable to uncoil over today's runners and riders for the Grand National.  The end of the DIALOG cable has just selected "Rebel Rebellion" at 50:1.  I figure that I could stick the DIALOG on eBay to make a few quid, and put £50 e/w on Rebel Rebellion, thus winning me the asking price for an Aurender.  Sorted!

Brilliant Smile Smile
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
actually devialet is not good at software all the time .......there are lots of bugs in configure function........so I assume this function will deliver to us at 2016 or never.........