Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet Dialog not compatible with expert line until mid 2015
There are some rumours (some from Munich) that Dialog compatibility with the Expert range should be in place in June. Following a query to Devialet this week, I got the following response:

"Thank you for your message and interest.
We were hoping to have already released the compatibility, but we have to consider some delay because of some evolutions here.
This feature would thus be opened more about next Christmas. Of course if our schedule makes it possible, it could also be released much sooner.
Please do not hesitate to follow our facebook for more information. And of course we will keep you informed as well."
(22-May-2015, 17:47)Confused Wrote: There are some rumours (some from Munich) that Dialog compatibility with the Expert range should be in place in June.  Following a query to Devialet this week, I got the following response:

We were hoping to have already released the compatibility, but we have to consider some delay because of some evolutions here.
This feature would thus be opened more about next Christmas. Of course if our schedule makes it possible, it could also be released much sooner.
Please do not hesitate to follow our facebook for more information. And of course we will keep you informed as well."

Had to have a bit of giggle at this - could they be more vague! I love my 200 but what sort of company gives a reply like this in this day and age?????
(22-May-2015, 17:47)Confused Wrote: There are some rumours (some from Munich) that Dialog compatibility with the Expert range should be in place in June.  Following a query to Devialet this week, I got the following response:

Without words !

I got the same information in Munich - June !

The answer above is a joke - Christmas !

"Evolutions" - sorry, but I guess the are grown too fast and have know enough internal problems with their organization. The kind of emails I have got from them, can be only interpreted in this way. 
I was in Munich as well and I have spoken to one of their engineers. He told me about the same and that they were working on implementing UPnP steaming on the Dialog. He told me that a lot of testing still had to be done to get it working properly. ChM 
■ Devialet 1000 Pro & Roon Lifetime ■ Dynaudio Sapphire ■ Streacom fanless HTPC-SSD (W8.1) ■ Sonos  Connect (+Magna Ultimo mod) ■ Qobuz Studio  Qnap TS 219 P II ■ v.d. Hul The Revolution LS cables ■ PS Audio Quintet ■ picture: Sony VPL-HW65ES & LG-OLED65C9
Amsterdam NL
I do not think we can complain about delay for expert dialog compatibility. This will bring lot of stuff for a very small amount of money ! This is almost a free upgrade.
By the way I was talking in Munich with one of the engineer and told him I would be happy to have expert for 2.0 and phantoms for the the surround effects. Phantoms and expert will not be able to be synchronised and work together at least when the first dialog expert is released as far as I understood.

The only thing where Devialet can be seriously blamed is the air drop out white noise bug...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PS Audio P3 - Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI - Tanagra Audio Iris - Micromega CD-30 - Roon - Mac Mini - Entreq Silver Minimus Apollo Eartha RCA - Shunyata Omega Ethernet - Dela S100/OP-S100
(23-May-2015, 03:50)philoouu Wrote: I do not think we can complain about delay for expert dialog compatibility. This will bring lot of stuff for a very small amount of money ! This is almost a free upgrade.
By the way I was talking in Munich with one of the engineer and told him I would be happy to have expert for 2.0 and phantoms for the the surround effects. Phantoms and expert will not be able to be synchronised and work together at least when the first dialog expert is released as far as I understood.

The only thing where Devialet can be seriously blamed is the air drop out white noise bug...

I have to agree that the Dialog does look like it might ultimately prove to be remarkably good value for money, which is a curious thing to say about something that cost me Euro300, and has not even been out of it's box yet.  I think the issue I have is that back in January it was announced that Dialog would be compatible with the Expert range via USB initially, then in February it was announced that Expert compatibility would be "Mid 2015", then in late May they advise "By next Christmas".  Now I know software and debugging is very tricky stuff, and sometimes unpredictable, but to announce a 5 months delay, then 4 months later advise a 6 months delay does appear to by symptomatic of something completely out of control.  In the industry I work in, such issues would lead to senior personal being "removed" from positions of responsibility. 

I would count myself as being a Devialet fan, I am very happy with my little "Expert" amps.  But how a company can produce something as sophisticated that as the D250, the Phantom and so on, and yet appear to be so utterly shambolic in other areas I find completely unfathomable.

As a final point for those with a few minutes to spare this weekend, this thread makes an excellent read if you go right back to the start. You get to see we were writing much the same stuff back in February, there is also an excellent rant from Nickb (he likes the occasional rant to keep the forum's serial moaners in place), and Matt's "fan noise" post is top class. Anyway, the sun is actually shining in the UK, it's a bank holiday weekend, BBQ to organise, with the Dev's providing the tunes later of course. Bliss!
(23-May-2015, 07:59)Confused Wrote: I would count myself as being a Devialet fan, I am very happy with my little "Expert" amps.  But how a company can produce something as sophisticated that as the D250, the Phantom and so on, and yet appear to be so utterly shambolic in other areas I find completely unfathomable.

Very concisely put, I agree completely.

It seems they have no repeatable/predictable software development process, for one thing. At least, that's the outwardly-visible effect whether they do have a process or not, so the difference is moot.

They could do themselves a big favour by actually engaging on some sensible and sustained level with their user community, many of whom (yourself included) have devoted a great deal of time and energy to trying to solve software problems. For heavens sake, even actually running a proper beta test program rather than just hiding software labelled "beta" somewhere obscure on the web site would be a start...
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(23-May-2015, 07:59)Confused Wrote:
(23-May-2015, 03:50)philoouu Wrote: I do not think we can complain about delay for expert dialog compatibility. This will bring lot of stuff for a very small amount of money ! This is almost a free upgrade.

I have to agree that the Dialog does look like it might ultimately prove to be remarkably good value for money, which is a curious thing to say about something that cost me Euro300, and has not even been out of it's box yet.  I think the issue I have is that back in January it was announced that Dialog would be compatible with the Expert range via USB initially, then in February it was announced that Expert compatibility would be "Mid 2015", then in late May they advise "By next Christmas".  Now I know software and debugging is very tricky stuff, and sometimes unpredictable, but to announce a 5 months delay, then 4 months later advise a 6 months delay does appear to by symptomatic of something completely out of control.  In the industry I work in, such issues would lead to senior personal being "removed" from positions of responsibility. 

I would count myself as being a Devialet fan, I am very happy with my little "Expert" amps.  But how a company can produce something as sophisticated that as the D250, the Phantom and so on, and yet appear to be so utterly shambolic in other areas I find completely unfathomable.

As a final point for those with a few minutes to spare this weekend, this thread makes an excellent read if you go right back to the start.  You get to see we were writing much the same stuff back in February, there is also an excellent rant from Nickb (he likes the occasional rant to keep the forum's serial moaners in place), and Matt's "fan noise" post is top class.  Anyway, the sun is actually shining in the UK, it's a bank holiday weekend, BBQ to organise, with the Dev's providing the tunes later of course.  Bliss!

Well those who have owned french cars probably see a common denominator between fantasic design and QA
An update re integration of Dialog with Expert range.

I dropped an e-mail to Devialet support to ask for an update, and received this very disappointing response:

"Dear David,

Thank you for your message.

Although we did hope to release this compatibility earlier, quality reasons and production reasons made us delay the process.

This is still planned for us on the long term, but the compatibility would most likely be released in 2016. Still, we should not discard anything, and if we have the opportunity, we will definitely work on it for 2015.

We will of course inform you as soon as we have more information.

Best regards,

Customer Care"

Not very hopeful Sad Angry.
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
Now we are in 2016 ! As expected - no AIR solution and no Spark solution for a long time - great !