Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Devialet air settings
I m wondering if my settings are correct, i have set 16/44,1 as default on settings of Air ,when playing dsd files or 24/88,1 the sound is with distorsion then air crashes???? Any advice pls?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(28-Apr-2016, 18:14)samsoum Wrote: I m wondering if my settings are correct, i have set 16/44,1 as default on settings of Air ,when playing dsd files or 24/88,1 the sound is with distorsion then air crashes???? Any advice pls?

Uninstall AIR, and find another solution. You will NEVER get it to work reliably, in my sad experience. Look at the pages and pages of other comments on this topic, and you will see what I mean.
NUC i5/ROCK/Roon Lifetime =>  Original d'Atelier CoreInfinity #066 => Transparent MusicWave+ =>Wilson Sophia 3
Although you cannot stream DSD over Air, it's not true that Air does not work at all. In my system it just work reliably and with great sound.
iMac Core i9, Roon lifetime, Qobuz Sublime+, OPPO BDP-103EU, Kanex Pro HDMI Audio Extractor, Dual CS 617Q, Devialet 220 PRO Core Infinity, Bowers&Wilkins 804 D2, Oppo HA2, Sennheiser HD 800S, Living Room, Enjoy Listening, Germany
(28-Apr-2016, 18:58)blair.athol Wrote: Although you cannot stream DSD over Air, it's not true that Air does not work at all. In my system it just work reliably and with great sound.

Please don't lead people on saying it works.  Many of us have proven time after time that it's very broken.  DSD, 24/192 even 24/96 content will break it if you stream enough of it.  If you are going to listen to an album or 2 of 16/44.1 content every once and a while it might work perfectly for months on end or maybe years.  I wouldn't even trust it with 16/44.1 content for extended listening sessions.

Advice of finding another solution is the correct one.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

I am sorry for all having experienced drop outs and I experienced those as well in a few occasions. Please accept that I tested many different set-ups including roon and still working to test Audirvana. I am streaming a high volume of my music in 24/96 and the best result I achieved is by just using iTunes and Air over Ethernet. That is a fact for me and I wont say it will work for everyone as there is a unlimited number of possible network and computer settings. so I am not leading anyone.
The only point I want to raise is that I enjoy my Devialet 200 and Air and I kindly ask you to accept that this might be true for some more people on this forum as well. At the same time I am looking forward for any improvements Devialet might bring up in future to make Air usable easily for more of us.
iMac Core i9, Roon lifetime, Qobuz Sublime+, OPPO BDP-103EU, Kanex Pro HDMI Audio Extractor, Dual CS 617Q, Devialet 220 PRO Core Infinity, Bowers&Wilkins 804 D2, Oppo HA2, Sennheiser HD 800S, Living Room, Enjoy Listening, Germany
I have good experience with AIR (and many have) and believe a lot has to do with the network.

Can you let us know what kind of wireless network you use and the signal the Dev is getting?
I suspect I speak for most when I say that we all wish AIR worked as well for us as it does for the few that have spoken up.  

My problem is that I've tried at least a half dozen different configurations trying to make it work.  And it almost always does - at first. But after a few hours or at best days of intermittent use, it ends in white noise. It "seems" to occur more frequently with higher-res music, but not always. It "seems" to occur more often after several hours of continuous play, but not always. The only consistency that I've found is that it will invariably result in white noise, and if you've got the volume cranked when it does, well, you won't be happy.

The reason I've tried it so many times in different configurations is because of those users that indicate it is working perfectly for them.  It's easy to think, then, that I should take a different approach.  But at least for me, that has only let to increasing frustration.

So it seems prudent advice to tell someone that is experiencing the same symptoms to not waste their time. I have to agree with Zappydev there.

And, FYI - my devialet is using ethernet cabling - not wireless and I'm using a business-class router that has never given me any issues.  I would love to see someone diagnose when/why AIR fails, but I've not read nor discovered anything that correlates.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
AIR may not be working 100% but it is reasonably working well in my environment. My stress-test of playing 5 hours of non-stop high bitrate did eventually resulted in white noise, but on my normal playing situation of mainly CD-quality and mix of DSD64, 24/96 and 24/192 has hardly any problem at all.

Now that I have split my RoonServer and RoonBridge on two different machines, I have no worries of AIR crashing my Win10-based RoonServer. My RoonBridge and AIR 2.1.3 are run on a Win 8.1-based machine. To me, AIR is a great feature. Sound quality is exceptional.

And, @blair.athol: AIR can stream DSD64. This is 100% confirmed.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

(29-Apr-2016, 00:59)hk6230 Wrote: AIR may not be working 100% but it is reasonably working well in my environment. My stress-test of playing 5 hours of non-stop high bitrate did eventually resulted in white noise, but on my normal playing situation of mainly CD-quality and mix of DSD64, 24/96 and 24/192 has hardly any problem at all.

Now that I have split my RoonServer and RoonBridge on two different machines, I have no worries of AIR crashing my Win10-based RoonServer. My RoonBridge and AIR 2.1.3 are run on a Win 8.1-based machine. To me, AIR is a great feature. Sound quality is exceptional.

And, @blair.athol: AIR can stream DSD64. This is 100% confirmed.

Thank you, I'll give DSD a try later today.  Rolleyes
As hk6230 said SQ on AIR is really exceptional!

I would agree also with mdconnely, as I tried for many days to make AIR work more reliably. Because of possible problems with my WiFi network (Apple Airport Express installed - dedicated only for Dev AIR), I called my IT friend for help. We installed Airport Extreme and after of three hour experimenting we didn't get any improvement. Actually, the strenght of WiFi signal was weaker than on my Airport Express - 34db in comparison to 52db on Airport Extreme (has six antennas)?!

Something "tells" me that AIR problems do not correlate (only) with wifi problems. Definetelly problems lay in AIR protocol (software) which has been written for iTunes in the first place.

To be honest, I tried just another player - Audirvana, which gives better sound quality. In comparison to Audirvana, iTunes seems to be glossed over and lacking finest details which makes the "atmosphere" in absolute terms. Also, at the same volume, everything sounds little bit more louder, with more presence and body.

But again, Audirvana on pure AIR setup has limited play duration (sometimes not more than half an hour)... Same files played through iTunes last much much longer, sometimes playing music all day with no serious dropouts.

Yes, hires files are possible to deleiver to your ears by AIR-ETHERNET setup more easily, but right now I am focused on getting best pure AIR connection because of big collection of CDs (ripped WAV). So even if I play them sometimes, right now hires files are not of the highest priority.

Audience aR-6 TSS / Melco N1ZH / Audio Research CD5 / D400 / Vivid B1D
Synergistic Research Atmosphere / SR Element C.T.S.