Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet and LVMH
LVMH has been a big investor in Devialet for quite a while.

Now they have hired this guy:

http://www.macrumors.com/2015/09/01/ex-a...gers-lvmh/
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
Could be good. Time will tell I guess. No word about what he will be doing but I doubt he will be working on handbags, watches or cognac.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
There was a thread on pfm about B&W speakers becoming part of LVMH too….

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(03-Sep-2015, 18:56)IanG-UK Wrote: LVMH has been a big investor in Devialet for quite a while.

Now they have hired this guy:

http://www.macrumors.com/2015/09/01/ex-a...gers-lvmh/

Picking up on Ian's reference to LVMH, the link below is for a 2012 article which predicts Devialet will produce a Euro1000 mini version D-Premier and bring "the same kind of innovation to loudspeakers."  This article predates the 240/170/120 launch and not far off predicts the Phantom, albeit the Phantom actually arrived a year earlier than the "in four years" mentioned.  It also references similarity in style between Devialet and Apple......

http://www.whiteboardmag.com/french-inte...-devialet/
Ian

i may be nitpicking but i understood that it was the chairman in a personal capacity that had invested in Devialet and not LVMH itself

of course i may be wrong  Huh Huh Huh
(04-Sep-2015, 05:32)colonel66 Wrote: Ian

i may be nitpicking but i understood that it was the chairman in a personal capacity that had invested in Devialet and not LVMH itself

That is also what I understood but my guess is that there will be linkages as people look to exploit connections. 

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(04-Sep-2015, 05:32)colonel66 Wrote: Ian

Apologies - you are right.

His Devialet investment of c.€20m/€40m probably amounts to loose change for him - lucky man
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
I believe that this about what he makes in a year on average... Smile

Cheers,
Bernard
Room: Gik Acoustics | Vibration: Townshend pods | Power: Shunyata Omega XC + Everest + Sigma NR v2 + Sigma ground cables | Source: Mojo Audio DejaVu EVO linux server running Roon core (Raat) | Ethernet: Sonore Optical module + Melco S10P with dedicated LPS + Shunyata Omega Ethernet x 2| Synchronous: Mutec MC-3 + USB (Paul Hynes SR7T LPS) + Cybershaft OP21A (Shunyata Omega USB, AES/EBU, clock cables) | Dac/Pre/Amplification: Devialet D1000 Pro CI (Chord Sarum T RCA-RCA link) | Speakers: Chord Sarum T cables + Wilson Benesch Act One Evolution P1
(04-Sep-2015, 11:21)bernardl Wrote: I believe that this about what he makes in a year on average... Smile

Cheers,
Bernard

He makes a lot more than that. My brother in Holland has a house built across the canal from where his cruiser was being built. He showed a video of it. That boat costs millions per year just to run. By the way, he also owns the boat building company...
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Hey I wonder how long before we see a Louis Vuitton bag for the Phantom?!  Big Grin

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK