Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Devialet d400==>Devialet d220??
Hello,
I have a devialet d400.
I am thinking of selling the devialet D200 companion to upgrade the D200 master to D220 pro.
Do you think this is an interesting operation?
Thank you
Dom

(What is the selling price for a D200 companion?)
Hello,
Do you have a review on a D400expert change to a D220pro?

Does Devialet make this change with their "upgrade system"?

Thank you
Dom
@m.dom
I'm not sure that I can help very much, but I see that you haven't had any replies. The questions are not quite clear to me, but I'll try.

As far as I know you can have a D200 Expert upgraded to a D220 Pro CI, as you are considering. By 'interesting' I think you are asking if this is a wise or smart or recommended change- is that correct? If so, I suggest you look for threads from the fall of 2016 regarding the Pro series sound quality. That will give you some opinions about the changes many of us commented on with the Pro upgrade. As far as a dual mono Expert to a single Pro amp, I just do not know what to advise. I don't recall anyone making this change. Most D400 owners did the full upgrade to a D440 Pro. Both the master and companion D200 amps come back as full D220 Pro models, so there is no longer a 'companion' amp.

I'm not clear on the question in your second post, just a few minutes ago. But I don't think you can send them a D400 and get a single D220 Pro back. I think the idea of selling the companion and doing the D220 upgrade is good but I cannot say if the change from dual mono to single stereo amps will be a down grade in any way. Doing the full upgrade to a D440 Pro CI is probably the best long term solution.

The selling price seems to vary a great deal depending on where you are, and you have no location or system information in your signatiure, so that makes it much harder for others to give you any advice based your location or system. Perhaps you can help us help you with more detail.

Good luck with your choice.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
Unless you are keen streamer, I would stick with the D400
220 PRO CI (12.2.6) - B&W 683 S2 - Audioquest Niagara 1000 - Chromecast + iFi SPDIF 
Technics 1210 (AudioMods arm, AT-150MLX, Mike New bearing + platter, crystal mat, Isonoe feet, external DC PSU) Stockholm, Sweden

@m.dom

I would be interested in your D200 companion ... where are you located ?
Roon Nucleus w/ Hypsos PSU & AQ Tornado + Roon RAAT  >  AQ Diamond ETH > etherREGEN using SFP + Hypsos PSU | CEC TL-5 CD Transport + AQ Z3 + 3 x Orea Indigo > AQ Diamond AES/EBU 
Devialet 440-Pro CI >  AQ Wel Sig  RCA-XLR | 6 x Orea Bronze, 2 x Synergistic Research Atmosphere PC | B&W 802 D3 {Bi-wired}  >  AQ WEL Signature (Biwire)
REL G1-Mk2 pair | PS Audio PP 12 + AQ NRG-1000 | Puritan GroundMaster + RouteMaster | SAM DISABLED - DPM OFF - Northern Virginia - US
The debate as to if a 220Pro might be better that a 400 was raised a while back. As I recall, there was no definitive conclusion, but some speculation that a 220Pro would sound better with easy to drive speakers, but maybe the 400 would be better if the speakers are a more demanding load. As an example, I have KEF LS50's and KEF Blades, if I had to decide without the chance to audition or A/B testing, I would take a 220Pro for the LS50's but would pick the 400 for the Blades. So the answer to the OP is speaker dependent.

The other consideration is how much do you want or would use the CI board features?
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Hello,
Thank you for your answers

Here is my configuration:
-Devialet D400 (macbook pro wifi with Aurdivana +)
-Athom GT3

My 2 questions:
-Is it possible to change a D400 expert to a D220 pro with the Devialet upgrade system?
a Devialet d220 gives better results than the D400 expert?

I live in Belgium, I want to sell the D200 2200euros.

Thank you so much.
Dom
(19-Nov-2018, 20:58)m.dom Wrote: Here is my configuration:
-Devialet D400 (macbook pro wifi with Aurdivana +)
-Athom GT3

My 2 questions:
-Is it possible to change a D400 expert to a D220 pro with the Devialet upgrade system?
a Devialet d220 gives better results than the D400 expert?

I live in Belgium, I want to sell the D200 2200euros.

Thank you so much.
Dom

The Athom GT3 speakers are 92 dB - which is very efficient, so you would probably be better served by D220 Pro CI.

D400 is just 2 x D200. So yes, can upgrade the master to D220 Pro CI for €3,490 - but selling the companion for €2,200 might be tough - as masters with remotes are selling for that price.
220 PRO CI (12.2.6) - B&W 683 S2 - Audioquest Niagara 1000 - Chromecast + iFi SPDIF 
Technics 1210 (AudioMods arm, AT-150MLX, Mike New bearing + platter, crystal mat, Isonoe feet, external DC PSU) Stockholm, Sweden

I would keep the 400, it has the extra class A power

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ok, thank you
But I think I'm going to sell my complete D400
I have never been able to be satisfied with this amp.
An idea of the selling price, I thought 4500 euros?
Thank you
Dom

(sorry for my English ;-) )