Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet in a state of chaos
Just catching up on here after a busy weekend.  One thing that strikes me is that there are a number of recent posts that suggest all is not going smoothly at Devialet.  A few examples, people wanting to get minor repairs done on their Phantoms and then discovering that Devialet have no mechanism in place for any repairs of any kind.  People sending queries to Devialet and getting nonsensical responses.  Delays with branch.  The new Phantom remote being sold with only partial functionality.  Mr Womaz being told Devialet would call him last week, but then no call or proper response to his emails.   And so on....

I could add endlessly to this with "historic" issues, problems with AIR, Dialog compatibility with expert promised for January, then March, then the summer, then Christmas, then 2016, and now "no date available".  And so on and on.....

All this leaves me to surmise that Devialet are in a state of utter chaos.  Just an impression I have, I do not have any hard facts.  The old theory persists, they are geniuses at putting hardware together, but everything else is somewhat lacking.

Does anyone actually know any facts that tell a more promising story?
(26-Oct-2015, 19:54)Confused Wrote: Just catching up on here after a busy weekend.  One thing that strikes me is that there are a number of recent posts that suggest all is not going smoothly at Devialet.  A few examples, people wanting to get minor repairs done on their Phantoms and then discovering that Devialet have no mechanism in place for any repairs of any kind.  People sending queries to Devialet and getting nonsensical responses.  Delays with branch.  The new Phantom remote being sold with only partial functionality.  Mr Womaz being told Devialet would call him last week, but then no call or proper response to his emails.   And so on....

I could add endlessly to this with "historic" issues, problems with AIR, Dialog compatibility with expert promised for January, then March, then the summer, then Christmas, then 2016, and now "no date available".  And so on and on.....

All this leaves me to surmise that Devialet are in a state of utter chaos.  Just an impression I have, I do not have any hard facts.  The old theory persists, they are geniuses at putting hardware together, but everything else is somewhat lacking.

Does anyone actually know any facts that tell a more promising story?
Seems to me a classic case of growing too fast too soon. As you say, they are brilliant audio engineers, but developing a global business infrastructure presents a different sort of challenge. 

They could be using dealers and distributors in a more intelligent way, since the direct sales model seems to be putting them under a huge amount of pressure.  Also, the excessive focus on phantom has alienated the expert community, and the company seem to have no clear strategy for reconciling the two product sets. 

I suspect the next year will be critical - unless they get better organised at both strategic and operational levels, they will end up deeply in the merge. I do hope they sort it out.
Devialet 1000 Pro. Martin Logan Montis, Michell Gyrodec, Melco N1ZH, Mutec MC3+ USB
Really have to agree with that!
In my case Devialet responded VERY fast for my questions. Even responding on Saturday...
It would be great if a devialet rep could chime in every now and then to provide timely reassurances, updates and quash or confirm rumours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I perceive chaos behind the scenes.

Whenever this much is visible on the surface, the reality is bound to be far worse.

Much of it could probably be attributed to growing too fast and perhaps being too ambitious, but I sense it's an attitude thing too. And when you take on huge investment from people in the 'luxury goods' business, you probably lose a lot of control.

Sadly for Devialet, high end electronics and luxury handbags aren't remotely the same, even if those at the top may think they can be treated as such.

I hope they pull it together, but it could go either way,,and right now they seem to be heading in the wrong direction. In my humble opinion.

And of course they would never chime in here, as they don't participate and don't appear to want to engage with their customers too much in any case. Hopefully they read it though, and maybe get a well needed kick up the ar.....

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(26-Oct-2015, 22:18)sleach Wrote: It would be great if a devialet rep could chime in every now and then to provide timely reassurances, updates and quash or confirm rumours.

+1. They could achieve a lot just by being pro-active and honest with us.
sleach said:
It would be great if a devialet rep could chime in every now and then to provide timely reassurances, updates and quash or confirm rumours.

Having played 'corporate' for over 45 years I'm curious how anyone might accomplish their fiduciary duties working for Devialet at a straw position being our rep without disclosing anything but what Devialet specifically signs off on as ok, when ok. Would that be news, interesting or just old hat? How fulfilling would that be for us!?! How fulfilling is it now!?! The rep would get old pretty fast 'round here. I can't see any Dev rep offering more here than Devialet offers publicly anywhere/everywhere else. And if he did, even once, he'd be gone! Its an impossible position! What Devialet wants you to know, you already know or will know when they deem fit. A rep cannot change that, would not even if he could without written permission to cover his corporate/contract NDA. Until/if Devialet signs off on some snippet of info there's nothing else for public dissemination.... PERIOD!
Statements in my posts are opinion only, not to be construed as fact. Any projects I engage in are at my own risk! Their outcome cannot be assured and may result in success, small/no change or catastrophic failure. I encourage no one rely on anything I say or do as gospel and to realize your mileage may vary!
I guess you have a point. But I see other companies talking to their customers on forums. Often they are only re-stating things that have been published but it seems to me that people would be heartened just to have an occasional acknowledgment "we hear your concern, we're working on it" sort of thing. Other wise the concerns and complaints here just bouncing around in an echo chamber.

My phantom system has always worked well and I love it, but seeing so many problems others have gives me nerves. Some reassurances from the company would be nice.

Oh I agree that Devialet has a choice in the company they choose to be but I think the more & more posts like this one and others that find themselves increasingly part & parcel to these threads on a daily basis makes a very telling & chilling value statement about where their priorities are being directed.
Statements in my posts are opinion only, not to be construed as fact. Any projects I engage in are at my own risk! Their outcome cannot be assured and may result in success, small/no change or catastrophic failure. I encourage no one rely on anything I say or do as gospel and to realize your mileage may vary!