Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet predictions for 2019 (The 2019 Devialet Almanac)
I think most likely:

RAAT, Bluetooth and possibly Qobuz and Tidal for Expert.

Some more commonality between Phantom and Expert software, not sure exactly what that would look like though.

Some more outside partnerships, cars, cheaper bluetooth speaker, etc.

Much complaining that they are not telling anyone what their roadmap is, then they will release one, then much complaining that it's not being delivered fast enough! :-)

cheers

Chris
Roon/RAAT - Dev 250 Pro - AQ Castle Rock - SF Olympica ii
(04-Jan-2019, 08:34)Bwaze Wrote: Yes, I predict 2019 will be a déjà vu year for Devialet.

I forgot another prediction, so my list is:

- I predict a change in CEO. Current CEO will step down, no explanations given.

- The announcement of a new Expert "Core Team". No explanation given why previous Expert "Core Team" didn't do anything in over a year.

- new Phantom. A bit more square looking. No support for it whatsoever.

- a very large update hinted by the end of year, with no information if it will be about Expert, Phantom or entirely new line. There will be no more mentions about these hints in the future.

- there will be problems in development of Roon RAAT. There will be hints of imminent release, but release will be postponed every several months.

This made me really laugh. I sooooo hope you win. Big Grin

Ok, on that note, I’ll make a prediction:

Devialet launch their own range of incredibly expensive ‘micro beers’.

....or something about organising something in a brewery anyway.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

There is nothing more I need my amp to do, though I haven't explored its current potential, so I possibly don't see some of the failings. With no wants for my system and no interest in fussing with it, it is hard to make any predictions.

One thing I've mentioned, or thought of, before, is a Phantom that is just a subwoofer. I haven't ever spent time listening attentively to a Phantom, but the few brief demonstrations I've had are always done with bass-heavy music. That is understandable as the Phantom and Reactor bass performance is remarkable. My thought is that, with that bass capability, a Phantom (or Reactor) sub, would be an excellent addition to a Dev Expert & Pro system. Hardware & software compatibility, likely easier tuning and integration controls/ software than for many other subs, and a logical new product that supports the stand alone amplifier market and existing customer base. I'd certainly consider one. As long as it is in orange paisley, of course. Or black, if you want to be boring.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
(04-Jan-2019, 20:19)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(04-Jan-2019, 08:34)Bwaze Wrote: Yes, I predict 2019 will be a déjà vu year for Devialet.

I forgot another prediction, so my list is:

- I predict a change in CEO. Current CEO will step down, no explanations given.

- The announcement of a new Expert "Core Team". No explanation given why previous Expert "Core Team" didn't do anything in over a year.

- new Phantom. A bit more square looking. No support for it whatsoever.

- a very large update hinted by the end of year, with no information if it will be about Expert, Phantom or entirely new line. There will be no more mentions about these hints in the future.

- there will be problems in development of Roon RAAT. There will be hints of imminent release, but release will be postponed every several months.

This made me really laugh. I sooooo hope you win.  Big Grin

Ok, on that note, I’ll make a prediction:

Devialet launch their own range of incredibly expensive ‘micro beers’.  

....or something about organising something in a brewery anyway.

Hey guys,I'll join the brewery event   Rolleyes and now let us look for something more challenging, ok?
iMac Core i9, Roon lifetime, Qobuz Sublime+, OPPO BDP-103EU, Kanex Pro HDMI Audio Extractor, Dual CS 617Q, Devialet 220 PRO Core Infinity, Bowers&Wilkins 804 D2, Oppo HA2, Sennheiser HD 800S, Living Room, Enjoy Listening, Germany
There will be Unreasonnable huge Phantom.
1. Devialet will bring us a way to connect our amps together via Ethernet, for those of us that wish to have an amp next to each speaker.

2. They will bring out a new remote for the Pro’s with a paper white display in the middle of the dial that will show volume, tone, SAM and balance settings. Powered by a 12V car battery PP3. Or maybe even rechargeable.

3. They will bring out a new online Configurator that can talk directly to the amp(s).
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(04-Jan-2019, 21:53)Waiski Wrote: There will be Unreasonnable huge Phantom.

Good guess Big Grin   For the 80,000-people stadium Tongue
(01-Jan-2019, 21:12)Pim Wrote: 1. RAAT
2. The new remote app will work on all three platforms. It will replace Spark and the Reactors will work in stereo.
3. A completely new product will come to market. It will be something we haven't seen before. I will edit this post with my exact prediction once I've finished my morning coffee.

OK, I've had my morning coffee, some wine, a few beers and a glass of whiskey.

3. Some type of record player to go with those Lost and Found LP's. It will have no rotating platter, no tone arm and no stylus. It will hang on the wall and you put the record in vertically. A laser like beam (Not laser, something not 'seen' before) will read the record in one 'shot' similar to a photo. It will then store the information in an analog format (Also new and proprietary) and will play from memory. There will be no wow, flutter, wobble, tracking issues etc. because there's no physical contact. The new technology will replace digital as the go to format for millennials and will replace streaming as the number one in less than 5 years.

@Confused will be the first customer to buy this new player, named LPFlash player, because he got the shits with yet another expensive stylus snapping off.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(05-Jan-2019, 07:51)öPim Wrote:
(01-Jan-2019, 21:12)Pim Wrote: 1. RAAT
2. The new remote app will work on all three platforms. It will replace Spark and the Reactors will work in stereo.
3. A completely new product will come to market. It will be something we haven't seen before. I will edit this post with my exact prediction once I've finished my morning coffee.

OK, I've had my morning coffee, some wine, a few beers and a glass of whiskey.

3. Some type of record player to go with those Lost and Found LP's. It will have no rotating platter, no tone arm and no stylus. It will hang on the wall and you put the record in vertically. A laser like beam (Not laser, something not 'seen' before) will read the record in one 'shot' similar to a photo. It will then store the information in an analog format (Also new and proprietary) and will play from memory. There will be no wow, flutter, wobble, tracking issues etc. because there's no physical contact. The new technology will replace digital as the go to format for millennials and will replace streaming as the number one in less than 5 years.

@Confused  will be the first customer to buy this new player, named LPFlash player, because he got the shits with yet another expensive stylus snapping off.

wow, what a great prediction  Cool  a glass of good Whiskey really helps   Wink
iMac Core i9, Roon lifetime, Qobuz Sublime+, OPPO BDP-103EU, Kanex Pro HDMI Audio Extractor, Dual CS 617Q, Devialet 220 PRO Core Infinity, Bowers&Wilkins 804 D2, Oppo HA2, Sennheiser HD 800S, Living Room, Enjoy Listening, Germany
Native EQ for Classic Phantoms