Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet predictions for 2019 (The 2019 Devialet Almanac)
We are now well into January, so it should really be time to close the window for 2019 predictions. In case anyone does have any last minute predictions, I think we can allow another week, but by this time next weekend that will be it, prediction window closed.

For the first time ever, we do have a massive number of posters (well, 12) who have come up with two or three reasonably clear and sensible predictions. I shall set up a league table.

One note to @streamy and @K4680 - you have made only two predictions, which severely limits your chances of gaining the huge kudos of winning this one, if you would like to add a third prediction, you have a week to go.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(20-Jan-2019, 12:15)Confused Wrote: We are now well into January, so it should really be time to close the window for 2019 predictions.  In case anyone does have any last minute predictions, I think we can allow another week, but by this time next weekend that will be it, prediction window closed.

For the first time ever, we do have a massive number of posters (well, 12) who have come up with two or three reasonably clear and sensible predictions.  I shall set up a league table.

One note to @streamy and @K4680  - you have made only two predictions, which severely limits your chances of gaining the huge kudos of winning this one, if you would like to add a third prediction, you have a week to go.

So then the configurator wireless, without SD card Rolleyes
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
OK, my top 3 wishlist items:

1) RAAT
2) onboard configurator to replace online configurator
3) improved communication from Devialet

My prediction is that we won't see any of these until the 2nd half of the year (and one or two perhaps not at all)
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
My prediction :

1. Devialet put even more efforts to shrunk the Reactor but nothing happens in year 2019 ( a bit off topic : they only make it happen and launch it, mono at first, in 3Q of year 2020);

2. online configurator does not happen in year 2019 ( off topic again : or even in 2020. They may not like this idea themselves);

3. a (to us) very small update on the Devialet app at 3Q 2019 which makes it look even more like a stone age product.

As only 3 predictions are allowed, the following is a guess not a prediction (Devialet Expert Special Team, short form DEST, would go to Oxford Audio to meet Devialet users in 3Q year 2019).
(20-Jan-2019, 18:14)mdconnelly Wrote: OK, my top 3 wishlist items:

1) RAAT
2) onboard configurator to replace online configurator
3) improved communication from Devialet

My prediction is that we won't see any of these until the 2nd half of the year (and one or two perhaps not at all)

Agreed with that, no. 3 may be tough.

If I may add one

4) A new optional remote with a display on the top of the volume knob.  I cringe at how much Devialet would charge for that.  Optionally perhaps one can send the remote back to them for a gut replacement like what they do for the main unit?
Kondo Overture PM-2i, Weiss DAC502, LP12 Haben, Aro, Keel, Radikal, Urika, EMT JSD6, Phasemation PP-300/T-300, Linn Krystal, Penaudio Serenade Signature

Kondo Operia SPs 2.7, KSL-VzII, Acz-Avocado, etc.

My Predictions:

Q1: Devialet announces that after an extensive testing phase, Roon RAAT has been found not to meet Devialet's high quality standards. Therefore, the implementation of RAAT has been abandoned.

Q2: Some minor optimizations that are on almost nobody’s wish list. At the same time, Devialet explains that the high potential of the Expert series has now been fully exploited. Therefore, this was the last update.

Q3: Devialet launches the "Supreme" series, the ultimate high-end amplifier with Superior ADH, reliable streaming of best quality from all sources, remote control with display, complex room correction, completely configurable via Wifi/Ethernet.

I hope to lose the competition.
Devialet 220 pro CI - Surface 4 pro / Dirac / Roon / AIR - Kuzma Stabi S / Hana SL - PMC Fact 8
(23-Jan-2019, 10:37)Ron McKernan Wrote: I hope to lose the competition.

I don't like your chances.  Big Grin
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(23-Jan-2019, 10:37)Ron McKernan Wrote: My Predictions:

Q1: Devialet announces that after an extensive testing phase, Roon RAAT has been found not to meet Devialet's high quality standards. Therefore, the implementation of RAAT has been abandoned.

Q2: Some minor optimizations that are on almost nobody’s wish list. At the same time, Devialet explains that the high potential of the Expert series has now been fully exploited. Therefore, this was the last update.

Q3: Devialet launches the "Supreme" series, the ultimate high-end amplifier with Superior ADH, reliable streaming of best quality from all sources, remote control with display, complex room correction, completely configurable via Wifi/Ethernet.

I hope to lose the competition.

Big Grin I think you are playing with your life right now! Wink Wink
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
Thanks for the late entry predictions. I have set up a separate document listing everyone's predictions and will post a quarterly league table, I suspect the excitement surrounding this will be immense.

Last weekend I mentioned that the prediction window would remain open for one more week, so it should be no surprise that time is now up. In the unlikely event that someone is desperate to make a last minute contribution, you have until COB Sunday 27th January, then that is officially it.

I can sign off by saying that I will be working feverishly on the league table and it will be published soon. (Early April, after Q1 has drifted past us through the arrow of time....)
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
My top 3 wish list:
1. RAAT;
2. Online configurator;
3. Room EQ.
Technics SL-1200G | Ortofon Cadenza Bronze | Audio Technica AT-ART9 | Hana ML
Nucleus+ | Melco N1ZS/2EX | D100 | S100 | Telegärtner M12 | Accustic Arts Drive II
Devialet Original d'Atelier | Vivid Audio G3 Giya
Gold Phantom Opéra de Paris
S  I  N  G  A  P  O  R  E