Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Devialet's answer on the stereo sync issue
(21-Nov-2019, 09:27)pikachu Wrote: Received an email from Devialet few hours ago that they have pushed a patch update to my phantoms and they are good to go in stereo now. Just paired them and they are playing in stereo beautifully and fully synced. Hopefully this is the end of all the misery of DOS2 and time to enjoy some music. Cheers
Good to hear...
Great that they are able to just push the fix. Hope this resolves this issue for a lot of users.
Devialet Phantom Gold Duo | Devialet Phantom Reactor 600 Duo | 2x New Devialet Remote | 4x HiFiBerry RAAT endpoints & low-cost passive speakers — Roon Lifetime
(21-Nov-2019, 09:27)pikachu Wrote: Received an email from Devialet few hours ago that they have pushed a patch update to my phantoms and they are good to go in stereo now. Just paired them and they are playing in stereo beautifully and fully synced. Hopefully this is the end of all the misery of DOS2 and time to enjoy some music. Cheers
Awesome! Thanks for the follow up. Was that something they pushed out through the app and you had to install?
This is just not real life, all the issues are back again after less than an hour of listening time. And I just have to assume here that they’re telling the truth when they say they pushed a patch because I don’t see any changes in firmware and neither did I have to install anything manually through the app. This company is a joke and I don’t see them staying in business too long.
I haven’t received an email so far, but I used the update button in the app after reading your post. The app immediately started to download the patch. I had to do the update for each phantom. 
The firmware number changed on both. Unfortunately I had no time to test the phantoms after the update, but I will do tomorrow and report if the problem is solved in my case. I keep me fingers crossed for you and all the others that this update will bring back the joy of listening to phantoms.
(21-Nov-2019, 21:09)MusicEnthusiast Wrote: I haven’t received an email so far, but I used the update button in the app after reading your post. The app immediately started to download the patch. I had to do the update for each phantom. 
The firmware number changed on both. Unfortunately I had no time to test the phantoms after the update, but I will do tomorrow and report if the problem is solved in my case. I keep me fingers crossed for you and all the others that this update will bring back the joy of listening to phantoms.
What is the firmware version after the update? I tried the same, but no updates available..
(21-Nov-2019, 20:04)pikachu Wrote: This is just not real life, all the issues are back again after less than an hour of listening time. And I just have to assume here that they’re telling the truth when they say they pushed a patch because I don’t see any changes in firmware and neither did I have to install anything manually through the app. This company is a joke and I don’t see them staying in business too long.

Which firmware release are your Phantoms on currently?  Another poster's system was updated to 2.8.5 after a similar "push" whereas mine are on 2.8.3 so Devialet do seem to be selectively sending out patches.

Have you tried manually updating
 (Welcome home/cogwheel/System update)?  Maybe they pushed it but you actually have to initiate the install??  
Huh this so weird, so they remembered to send me an email but forgot to push the update to my system as it’s still on firmware 2.8.1 and there is no option to update. In the app when I click system update it just says that products up to date. Smh
(21-Nov-2019, 22:21)Walzu Wrote:
(21-Nov-2019, 21:09)MusicEnthusiast Wrote: I haven’t received an email so far, but I used the update button in the app after reading your post. The app immediately started to download the patch. I had to do the update for each phantom. 
What is the firmware version after the update? I tried the same, but no updates available..
My firmware number now is 2.8.5
(22-Nov-2019, 06:18)MusicEnthusiast Wrote:
(21-Nov-2019, 22:21)Walzu Wrote:
My firmware number now is 2.8.5
So far two hours of excellent music quality without any sync problems. It seems that in my case the problem is solved. Keep you updated....