Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Devialet's answer on the stereo sync issue
Opened a ticket with Devialet since I had a balance issue with my Gold phantoms and one of them periodically fell out of the stereo setup. Now both have been updated to firmware 2.8.5 and been playing flawlessly since  Rolleyes

- Tristan -
With the hope that this may be helpful to others:

After the DOS2 update, my Phantom Classics were constantly out of sync. At times, this was like a "cathedral" effect, as Devialet has described it, and at times it was far worse than that, particularly with percussive music. Also, the speakers were intermittently restarting themselves; this seemed to be correlated with sync problems, but I can't say so for sure.

After I filed a support ticket, Devialet pushed the 2.8.5 update. The update appears to have fixed the sync issue entirely. (One point that was not clear from Devialet's emailed instructions: when an update is "pushed" to your Phantoms, that means that it will appear in the update pane of the Devialet app, not that the Phantoms have been automatically updated without any user action. In other words, you have to apply the update yourself.) Once or twice since the update, one of the speakers has restarted itself, and so that remains an issue--albeit less of one that it was previously, since the frequency of spontaneous restarts appears to be much lower.
(24-Nov-2019, 19:17)andrewmg Wrote: With the hope that this may be helpful to others:

After the DOS2 update, my Phantom Classics were constantly out of sync. At times, this was like a "cathedral" effect, as Devialet has described it, and at times it was far worse than that, particularly with percussive music. Also, the speakers were intermittently restarting themselves; this seemed to be correlated with sync problems, but I can't say so for sure.

After I filed a support ticket, Devialet pushed the 2.8.5 update. The update appears to have fixed the sync issue entirely. (One point that was not clear from Devialet's emailed instructions: when an update is "pushed" to your Phantoms, that means that it will appear in the update pane of the Devialet app, not that the Phantoms have been automatically updated without any user action. In other words, you have to apply the update yourself.) Once or twice since the update, one of the speakers has restarted itself, and so that remains an issue--albeit less of one that it was previously, since the frequency of spontaneous restarts appears to be much lower.

how long did it take once you opened the ticket that they sent you the push?
I opened my ticket weeks ago, but still no update (the agent took my serial numbers). 
I think I just have a bad agent... I’ve tried opening a new ticket and the same agent responded with a pretty nasty attitude...
I filed a ticket weeks ago, but the first agent seemed to have less information than several posters here, and so I filed another. They seem to prefer bug reports filed via the app (menu-->help-->report a problem).
When you file a report via app, a log file is provided that helps the engineers to identify the issues.

BTW. I just initiated the download of my update from 2.8.3. It seems they are rolling them out step by step.

Innuos Zen Mini MK3 -> (Ethernet / Audioquest Optical) -> Dialog & 2x White Phantom
Pro-Ject Carbon Debut Esprit Turntable with Ortofon Red -> (Cinch/RCA) Musical Fidelity Merlin -> (AudioQuest Optical) to Phantom
Master & Dynamics MH40, Audeze Sine, AudioQuest Dragonfly Red; Remote Control via macOS and iOS devices (Devialet App / Innuos Sense /iPeng / Audirvāna Studio)
Finally got the update! First time I can listen properly to my music, sounds absolutely great!
(25-Nov-2019, 22:08)Walzu Wrote: Finally got the update! First time I can listen properly to my music, sounds absolutely great!

Got my update as well!!
made a world of a difference!
Got my update too ! sounds perfect !
Very glad this seems to be resolved.
Devialet Phantom Gold Duo | Devialet Phantom Reactor 600 Duo | 2x New Devialet Remote | 4x HiFiBerry RAAT endpoints & low-cost passive speakers — Roon Lifetime
(26-Nov-2019, 16:32)DesertEagleAZ Wrote: Very glad this seems to be resolved.
I am still on firmware 2.8.1 after DOS2 upgrade - do I have to do anything to get the upgrade e.g. 2.8.5 or can I just wait until it is coming?
I have checked the DOS2 app but only get the reply that I have the newest firmware...
Thanks,
/Anders