Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Devialet's answer on the stereo sync issue
(27-Nov-2019, 17:34)Anders Wrote:
(26-Nov-2019, 16:32)DesertEagleAZ Wrote: Very glad this seems to be resolved.
I am still on firmware 2.8.1 after DOS2 upgrade - do I have to do anything to get the upgrade e.g. 2.8.5 or can I just wait until it is coming?
I have checked the DOS2 app but only get the reply that I have the newest firmware...
Thanks,
/Anders

What vintage are your Phantoms (what are the serial numbers)?  The majority of users here seem to be on 2.8.3 (except those who have suffered the balance/sync issues who are now being selectively pushed 2.8.5). A few users who have reported being on fw 2.8.1 and not seeing any upgrades seem to be on older hardware versions that appear to require different firmware.
I’m also on 2.8.1 still. K45 and L37 Golds.
Devialet Phantom Gold Duo | Devialet Phantom Reactor 600 Duo | 2x New Devialet Remote | 4x HiFiBerry RAAT endpoints & low-cost passive speakers — Roon Lifetime
I'm also on 2.8.1. Purchased a pair of Golds about 2 years ago when they first came out. i got the devialet care package which i believe is still valid and was planning to replace the pair with brand new ones in case any new HW upgrades were introduced into the newer models. Does anyone know if there are any HW improvements to the newer Phantom Golds than the originals that were shipped within the first year?
(27-Nov-2019, 22:04)struts Wrote:
(27-Nov-2019, 17:34)Anders Wrote:
(26-Nov-2019, 16:32)DesertEagleAZ Wrote: Very glad this seems to be resolved.
I am still on firmware 2.8.1 after DOS2 upgrade - do I have to do anything to get the upgrade e.g. 2.8.5 or can I just wait until it is coming?
I have checked the DOS2 app but only get the reply that I have the newest firmware...
Thanks,
/Anders

What vintage are your Phantoms (what are the serial numbers)?  The majority of users here seem to be on 2.8.3 (except those who have suffered the balance/sync issues who are now being selectively pushed 2.8.5). A few users who have reported being on fw 2.8.1 and not seeing any upgrades seem to be on older hardware versions that appear to require different firmware.

I bought my two Golds in september 2017 - they are still on 2.8.1. -- serial number is J45Pxxx646U06 and K03Pxxx794U06.

Thanks for any help or comment,
Regards
Anders
AFAIK the Golds have never seen a hardware revision. They shipped with AHD2 from the get go for instance.
Devialet Phantom Gold Duo | Devialet Phantom Reactor 600 Duo | 2x New Devialet Remote | 4x HiFiBerry RAAT endpoints & low-cost passive speakers — Roon Lifetime
(28-Nov-2019, 16:27)DesertEagleAZ Wrote: AFAIK the Golds have never seen a hardware revision. They shipped with AHD2 from the get go for instance.
thanks for the reply,  i'm just wondering why the Golds shipped out earlier would need a different FW version from the newer ones?  Technically if they are all the same HW they would require the same FW, no?  Maybe the Golds being shipped today have a newer chipset and/or controllers which require different FW?
Got today the 2.8.5.
Followed a case regards the hollowness issue.
(28-Nov-2019, 17:17)Ryu79 Wrote:
(28-Nov-2019, 16:27)DesertEagleAZ Wrote: AFAIK the Golds have never seen a hardware revision. They shipped with AHD2 from the get go for instance.
thanks for the reply,  i'm just wondering why the Golds shipped out earlier would need a different FW version from the newer ones?  Technically if they are all the same HW they would require the same FW, no?  Maybe the Golds being shipped today have a newer chipset and/or controllers which require different FW?

Not sure, it seems like Devialet has been pretty conservative with firmware upgrades in the past. I'd say once new features or a critical patch are introduced, we'll get the update note, too. 

Right now there seem to be three DOS2 FWs in the wild, 2.8.1, 2.8.3 and 2.8.5—the latter being a hotfix version privately pushed to affected customers by Devialet. I'm not gonna be phased by it as my speakers are working wonderfully ever since I upgraded to DOS2 (beta) two weeks before the official release.
As of this morning, count me among the happy recipients of 2.8.5 for my pair of golds. Devialet support was very responsive throughout the process, which took less than a week from initial request (sent via the app, as suggested by several on this thread). I’ve had intermittent sync problems with stereo, and am optimistic based on other responses here that it’ll be solved.

I never completely figured out any pattern to cause the sync issue, but it seemed to get worse if I used my Devialet Remote (the puck-shaped hardware accessory, not the app) to change volume.
They have fixed my Spotify issues by pushing something without FW upgrade. Next day received 2.8.5 which has no echo problem for now.