Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
Devialet's newest technology...?
My feeling is that the target market will be interested primarily in streaming services, with music on an iDevice second. Going by the discussions on the Sonos forum, albeit perhaps a different demographic, playing music from a NAS or directly-connected hard disc has become very much a niche requirement.

If that's true, I think they've got it (Phantom/Dialog) about right, even though Dialog may not yet be the perfect fit for our needs.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
Well, I am personally very interested in the Phantom because a wide range sound in a pair of small units looks good to me.
OTOH I do not stream music from the internet and am fed up with the plethora of software for home network storage, none of which impress for classical music.
At the price it is more of interest to audiophiles I would have thought.

OTOH if I can not use it to listen to my LPs, CDs and videos as well as occasional ripped files I won't be a buyer.

None of my friends or family who use Spotify and so forth would have any interest at all at this price.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

(21-Dec-2014, 13:47)f1eng Wrote: Well, I am personally very interested in the Phantom because a wide range sound in a pair of small units looks good to me.
OTOH I do not stream music from the internet and am fed up with the plethora of software for home network storage, none of which impress for classical music.
At the price it is more of interest to audiophiles I would have thought.

OTOH if I can not use it to listen to my LPs, CDs and videos as well as occasional ripped files I won't be a buyer.

None of my friends or family who use Spotify and so forth would have any interest at all at this price.

But if this is true about the audiophile market (and it may well be the case), then the ability to use a Devialet and a Phantom in the same house (at least in the UK) is not best served by the fact that we have all got our Devialets from Absolute Sounds dealers and yet yet Phantom is available exclusively in Harrods until July 2015.

So when we cannot get our wifi to work we will ask Harrods (who probably know bugger all about it) and then ask our dealer (who justifiably might not be interested having not sold us the Phantom).Confused
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
Sorry but I think I can see a lot off guns being jumped over at the moment!!!!

Would it not be better to wait and see/hear before condemning the whole concept !!!

Nick
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
We paid a lot for the D??? and believe the company is aiming at further improving their performance. And they will be the best. But now the company released the Phantom and said the 'Phantom is the best sound'. And it makes us believe it is not enough to buy a D??? but we need the 'Dialog'.

The French must be very busy preparing their X'mas vacation BUT we still do not have the latest update on our D??? amp PLUS still using a very primitive Devialet APP on our iPad.

Not feeling good!
G51, let's be fair. You and most people here felt good for what we paid when we paid, without SAM, a few watts less, the same primitive app. We got SAM, a few free watts during the past year. Can you name one company out there would done the same? We don't know what dialog can do yet. We don't even know if the d range won't work with spark. If the phantom is really better than the d range, your worst case is euro 2k, cost less than half of a d120 to get upgraded. Why not? You could probably sell your speakers and your d to finance your phantom purchase. No brainer for me. My question is 'phantom the best sound' a marketing slogan or fact.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
(21-Dec-2014, 17:32)warpeon Wrote: My question is 'phantom the best sound' a marketing slogan or fact.
The also say the Phantom sounds "as good as a $50000 system", "as good as systems costing 10 times the price" etc.". Well they wont be selling many D400 / 800's if that is indeed true!
Hi,

What has been delivered so far is more than one could ask for BUT the backup and beta software have been real downers. Phantom this and that, there will always be new stuff coming up, ie the normal product cycles that the industry runs on.
Pretty good sounding at home I must say and for the 'moderate' outlay compared to much else on the market that delivers this music experience. How much better will nextgen be? I guess more will happen in the technical/convenient/cost effective solutions than highest hifi last drops of extraction.
Is perhaps the nextgen a physical experience, having sweat drops landing on your face from a worked up Billy Idol?

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
(21-Dec-2014, 18:20)Mikeeo Wrote: Hi,

What has been delivered so far is more than one could ask for BUT the backup and beta software have been real downers. Phantom this and that, there will always be new stuff coming up, ie the normal product cycles that the industry runs on.
Pretty good sounding at home I must say and for the 'moderate' outlay compared to much else on the market that delivers this music experience. How much better will nextgen be? I guess more will happen in the technical/convenient/cost effective solutions than highest hifi last drops of extraction.
Is perhaps the nextgen a physical experience, having sweat drops landing on your face from a worked up Billy Idol?

/Mike

Hi Mike,

The day that I have sweat drops landing on me from Billy Idol will be the day that I sell my hi Fi system for good Big Grin!

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
(21-Dec-2014, 18:24)brit Wrote:
(21-Dec-2014, 18:20)Mikeeo Wrote: Hi,

/Mike

Hi Mike,

The day that I have sweat drops landing on me from Billy Idol will be the day that I sell my hi Fi system for good Big Grin!

David

I agree. If some has to sweat on me than it would have to be Tina Turner, not Billy Idol.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.