Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
Devialet's newest technology...?
Has anyone received invitation code from Devialet in connection with the pre order of Phantom? Postponed from December 22 to, today December 23
(23-Dec-2014, 08:25)tommykh Wrote: Has anyone received invitation code from Devialet in connection with the pre order of Phantom? Postponed from December 22 to, today December 23

Not me, unfortunately, did you?
(23-Dec-2014, 06:55)Eddye Wrote:
(23-Dec-2014, 06:53)amabrok Wrote:
(22-Dec-2014, 21:36)NickB Wrote: I think if you read it this is the bit that the Dialog handles. But as even my dealer has no firm data on what all of it does I think that trying to Try, Condemn and Hang Devialet on so little information seems a little previous. Can't anyone on this forum wait a little to find out facts first !!!!!!

Nick

Nick, this is all called BUZZ and I am sure Devialet must be very happy with what is brewing here. For us, and why we can't wait, i guess it is just passion Smile
Yup, speculation is at least half the fun Big Grin

It would be nice if Devialet could make just a little bit of room on their website to actually give us some facts. The total lack of information that Devialet are providing currently is absolutely woeful.
(23-Dec-2014, 09:21)invader Wrote:
(23-Dec-2014, 08:25)tommykh Wrote: Has anyone received invitation code from Devialet in connection with the pre order of Phantom? Postponed from December 22 to, today December 23

Not me, unfortunately, did you?

No, I do not think anyone has gotten this code yet.
I have sent them mail and request on facebook. See answer:

https://m.facebook.com/comment/replies/?...hare_reply

Approximately one hours remaind of the time window of 24 hours.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(23-Dec-2014, 09:51)Confused Wrote:
(23-Dec-2014, 06:55)Eddye Wrote:
(23-Dec-2014, 06:53)amabrok Wrote:
(22-Dec-2014, 21:36)NickB Wrote: I think if you read it this is the bit that the Dialog handles. But as even my dealer has no firm data on what all of it does I think that trying to Try, Condemn and Hang Devialet on so little information seems a little previous. Can't anyone on this forum wait a little to find out facts first !!!!!!

Nick

Nick, this is all called BUZZ and I am sure Devialet must be very happy with what is brewing here. For us, and why we can't wait, i guess it is just passion Smile
Yup, speculation is at least half the fun Big Grin

It would be nice if Devialet could make just a little bit of room on their website to actually give us some facts. The total lack of information that Devialet are providing currently is absolutely woeful.
Yes, I have to agree. I've said before that clear communication simply isn't Devialet strong suit. Even with this new Phantom/Dialog there are differences with the English and German sites (the Dialog is on the German site, but not on the English?????). The support site hasn't been updated in ages, etcetera.
Devialet 200 <> Bowers & Wilkins 805 Diamond <> Aurender N100 <> Clearaudio Concept MC <> Audioquest Rocket 44/Coffee USB

The Netherlands
The original web site was very interesting and gave me, as an engineer, a good insight into their unique technology. Lots of info and simple to navigate, mind you a much simpler product range (1) and no on line configurator or support, they came later.
I suspect that had the current web site been the only thing available back then I wouldn't have taken an interest or sought a demo.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

I popped into my dealer to have a chat about Devialet in general and Phantom in particular. He told me that the dealer network is not being used for Phantom - they are sold online or through Harrods (for 6 months) only.

Big mistake in my view - I've never bought a piece of kit without trying it at home first and I can't see Harrods lending out units to the hi-fi fraternity.

Exclusive is OK, but they will have to shift a lot of these to recoup all the development costs.
Devialet 1000 Pro. Martin Logan Montis, Michell Gyrodec, Melco N1ZH, Mutec MC3+ USB
(23-Dec-2014, 17:51)ozthepoz Wrote: I popped into my dealer to have a chat about Devialet in general and Phantom in particular. He told me that the dealer network is not being used for Phantom - they are sold online or through Harrods (for 6 months) only.

Big mistake in my view - I've never bought a piece of kit without trying it at home first and I can't see Harrods lending out units to the hi-fi fraternity.

Exclusive is OK, but they will have to shift a lot of these to recoup all the development costs.

They will change that I suspect. What about when wifi doesn't work? I can't imagine Harrods being expert in rectifying that. Any the profitability model must be odd. I bet Harrods want a big mark up whereas online margins are normally much slimmer. And if you have bought a Devialet in the UK and therefore from an Absolute Sounds dealer you will want them to know about Phantom too - but for £0 profit?
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
(23-Dec-2014, 17:51)ozthepoz Wrote: I popped into my dealer to have a chat about Devialet in general and Phantom in particular. He told me that the dealer network is not being used for Phantom - they are sold online or through Harrods (for 6 months) only.

I wonder how that is over here in Holland. I'll fire off an email tomorrow and ask my dealer. Weird strategy TBH, maybe a production shortage...
Devialet 200 <> Bowers & Wilkins 805 Diamond <> Aurender N100 <> Clearaudio Concept MC <> Audioquest Rocket 44/Coffee USB

The Netherlands
Just copied this across from the Phantom Vote thread as I thought it was probably of more interest here :

My enquiry about SPARK to Devialet support:

Hi, will it be possible now or in the future to use the new SPARK app to control my Devialet 200 directly or will I have to use a DIALOG?

Their response is quite clear:

Dear Sir,

Regarding Spark for Devialet 200, you will indeed need a Dialog.
Do not hesitate to sign up on our website in order to receive new upcoming information.

Merry Christmas
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)