Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
Devialet's newest technology...?
I hope there is an upgrade for the Devialet remote that uses the e-ink display of the phantom remote.

Or if the phantom remote is as well made, that it's compatible with the Devialet.
(24-Dec-2014, 18:00)amabrok Wrote: isn't it a bit too much?!!!

Phantom ... The best sound in the world!
Dialog ... The most reliable network in the world!
Spark ... The most advanced application in the world!

As long as they don't steal;
Pim ... The greatest lover in the world!
from me I don't mind them exaggerating a bit Cool
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(24-Dec-2014, 18:01)adhesiv Wrote: For dialog you need a code to purchase...does anyone have one yet? Also saw a picture of the stands and remote for the first time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you sign up for the invitation you should receive an email with a link. It might be in your junk mail folder, it was for me. If you click on the link and the link that that's on the page that opens. You will see a code. Use this code in the online store to order the dialog.

It's currently only available in the EU so I'll have to wait until US dealers get it or Devialet allows US orders.
Due to high demand, we are only able to send out a limited number of invitations.

We will send you an email with your personal code as soon as PHANTOM is ready for you.

Don’t worry, our robots are working hard to assemble as many Phantoms as possible.

Be Patient, you’ll be able to get yours soon.
Devialet 400, 
Ayon Raptor S
Townshend maximum super tweeters
MAC mini ,Amarra +IRC .
Digital -Telos Audio Gold Reference MKII ,
Speakers:Analysis plus Clear Oval
Power :Graditech - Voima 1

That's what I got too...i wonder if they're checking for location of the user before sending out codes to limit the distribution within the EU.

(24-Dec-2014, 23:23)windler Wrote: Due to high demand, we are only able to send out a limited number of invitations.

We will send you an email with your personal code as soon as PHANTOM is ready for you.

Don’t worry, our robots are working hard to assemble as many Phantoms as possible.

Be Patient, you’ll be able to get yours soon.

Digital: ROON on Synology & SONOS Connect
Analog: Marantz TT-15s1 - ClearAudio Virtuoso MM Wood

Main: Devialet D250 - KEF LS50
I am using my 400 to run my two channel A/V system.

This is what I am hoping for...

Add a multi-channel processor, three Phantoms and have a multi-channel system.

Then when not listening to multi-channel...most all the time I won't...I can move the three Phantoms around the house in secondary listening areas (kitchen, pool house, porch) to use either in mono or stereo mode.

I guess the Dialogue makes this possible..

As for best sound in the world, I sent a question to Devialet asking about the setup I described above. I mentioned that I have a 400 and yesterday purchased a 250 on the way to a 800. I asked them to tell me if I have wasted my money... (tongue in cheek)

I will post their response.
Pink Faun STREAMER 2.12 Control PC + Windows 10 + Roon >
Pink Faun STREAMER 2.12 Audio PC + Linux + HQ Player + Optimized for I2S + USB >
Lampizator Golden Gate DSD512 > Dartzeel NHB-108 Model One > TAD Evolution One

For Sale-Fibonnaci Technologies Vaya! Ribbon Transducers / For Sale-JL Audio F112 

(24-Dec-2014, 22:24)Pim van Vliet Wrote:
(24-Dec-2014, 18:00)amabrok Wrote: isn't it a bit too much?!!!

Phantom ... The best sound in the world!
Dialog ... The most reliable network in the world!
Spark ... The most advanced application in the world!

As long as they don't steal;
Pim ... The greatest lover in the world!
from me I don't mind them exaggerating a bit Cool

I don't think they would dare do that Smile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
I am curious about the driver technology used in the Phantom but I have not seen anything except the the slogan "heart bass implosion". I can see Devialet's expertise in amplification and DSP allowing them to design an excellent active speaker but the claim of zero distortion is difficult for me to understand. I have not seen any woofers (or sub) with distortion levels below 1% at frequencies under 80Hz or so. Feed back or more like with Devialet feed forward speaker correction can correct electric driver behavior and therefore reduce distortion but mechano acoustic behavior of drivers and box can not be eliminated just through DSP.
(25-Dec-2014, 00:51)Christopher W. Wrote: I am using my 400 to run my two channel A/V system.

This is what I am hoping for...

Add a multi-channel processor, three Phantoms and have a multi-channel system.

Then when not listening to multi-channel...most all the time I won't...I can move the three Phantoms around the house in secondary listening areas (kitchen, pool house, porch) to use either in mono or stereo mode.

I guess the Dialogue makes this possible..

As for best sound in the world, I sent a question to Devialet asking about the setup I described above. I mentioned that I have a 400 and yesterday purchased a 250 on the way to a 800. I asked them to tell me if I have wasted my money... (tongue in cheek)

I will post their response.

Nice!
Hope you get a complete and detailed response to the inquiry . Looking forward to you sharing this with us ! Smile
(25-Dec-2014, 23:13)Music or sound Wrote: I am curious about the driver technology used in the Phantom but I have not seen anything except the the slogan "heart bass implosion". I can see Devialet's expertise in amplification and DSP allowing them to design an excellent active speaker but the claim of zero distortion is difficult for me to understand. I have not seen any woofers (or sub) with distortion levels below 1% at frequencies under 80Hz or so. Feed back or more like with Devialet feed forward speaker correction can correct electric driver behavior and therefore reduce distortion but mechano acoustic behavior of drivers and box can not be eliminated just through DSP.

The mechano-acoustics errors of the entire driver/enclosure are part of what is measured in producing a SAM correction so is indeed included in SAM.
As long as there is enough DSP to run the inverted transfer function of the speaker error in real time all of the faults in the speaker behaviour measured by the SAM procedure will be compensated for (not eliminated). Since the measurements include the audio output, all the errors are compensated for.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire