Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet working on new AIR
Latest update I got today is that they are working on a new AIR.

I was experiencing a very unusual AIR situation where sound cracking up and on the Devialet AIR logo, after I clicked on it, my AIR-ETH amd AIR-WIFI were flickering like crazy. And, I can't even select either mode. And, when AIR-ETH was successfully selected, it dropped off occasionally (the display on the Le200 with ETHERNET grayed out). I was so afraid that now my Le200's ethernet module is spoilt. I wrote to Devialet and was told "as AIR is not supported on Win10, we can't provide any technical support for it. But, we are working on a new AIR. In the meantime, please try out on a Win 7 or 8 system with USB to see if it's ok."

In any case, since I can't depend on them, I will have to take out all components including new network devices added recently like 2 Sonos Play:5 (using wifi), a new wireless router, a new switch, my QNAP NAS (which seems behaving very weirdly) and put them on one by one to identify the 'culprit(s)', if I can find it (them). And, it may also because it was the stupid electrical company who are making big changes or modifications in the electrical cabling leading to our estate, that caused the external telecom (broadband) switch misbehaving and caused my problem.

Wish me luck, everyone, and hopefully I find the 'culprit(s)' and let me enjoy my AIR again.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

(22-Mar-2016, 11:40)hk6230 Wrote: Latest update I got today is that they are working on a new AIR.

I was experiencing a very unusual AIR situation where sound cracking up and on the Devialet AIR logo, after I clicked on it, my AIR-ETH amd AIR-WIFI were flickering like crazy. And, I can't even select either mode. And, when AIR-ETH was successfully selected, it dropped off occasionally (the display on the Le200 with ETHERNET grayed out). I was so afraid that now my Le200's ethernet module is spoilt. I wrote to Devialet and was told "as AIR is not supported on Win10, we can't provide any technical support for it. But, we are working on a new AIR. In the meantime, please try out on a Win 7 or 8 system with USB to see if it's ok."

In any case, since I can't depend on them, I will have to take out all components including new network devices added recently like 2 Sonos Play:5 (using wifi), a new wireless router, a new switch, my QNAP NAS (which seems behaving very weirdly) and put them on one by one to identify the 'culprit(s)', if I can find it (them). And, it may also because it was the stupid electrical company who are making big changes or modifications in the electrical cabling leading to our estate, that caused the external telecom (broadband) switch misbehaving and caused my problem.

Wish me luck, everyone, and hopefully I find the 'culprit(s)' and let me enjoy my AIR again.

have been in contact with customer service recently and yes they told me they are working on AIR. unclear so far if it's gonna be a hardware or software solution.
(22-Mar-2016, 11:40)hk6230 Wrote: ….. I wrote to Devialet and was told "as AIR is not supported on Win10, we can't provide any technical support for it. But, we are working on a new AIR. In the meantime, please try out on a Win 7 or 8 system with USB to see if it's ok."
…...

Well, they don't seem to be able to provide any (useful) technical support for OSX 10.7, 10.8, 10.9, 10.10 or 10.11, so don't feel too alone Big Grin

(good luck fixing it btw)

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Windows 10 was released to manufacturing on July 10th, 2015 and was available to Devialet in various beta and release candidate versions well before that.

They can't come up with a solution in a complete year? Yet they can sponsor F1 teams and release limited edition extremely expensive versions of their expert line that have the problem right out the door.

Devialet is really becoming a joke in my mind. If I didn't love the sound and couldn't make USB work I'd almost want to start a class action lawsuit again them.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

They promised me and my dealer an AIR update last july after I've experienced white noise since day 1 of my Devialet install.
That was on windows 8.1 even... Several promises since then to me and to many other users as well.

It's a huge joke indeed, as Dr Tone says above. I'm not laughing though...
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)
Well, it hasn't exactly worked reliably (across the board) on any version of OSX either - at least from what I've gathered here, and the ones I've tried myself.

Expense and hassle aside (life's short), I don't think it would take a class action suit - just a more public outcry.  They can (and do) ignore complaint emails, phone calls, dealer feedback, and what's posted here, but being a completely 'image' obsessed company, they'd probably not be able to ignore a barrage of Facebook/Twitter complaints for example.  The problem is, a lot of people kind of accept it not working properly, and for some reason are convinced Devialet are slaving away behind the scenes working on a fix.  They aren't - if they were it would have been fixed a loooooooong time ago  Dodgy

(I'll probably get accused of 'AIR bashing' now Wink)

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Yes, yes and yes, you guys are absolutely right on Devialet's over-promising and under-deliver commitments. I just hope they are telling the truth this time and deliver a new and reliable, 100% working AIR for us, hopefully by May 2016. Big Grin

My latest update: from my early trials and errors, I have put back one item at a time and so far AIR-ETH is stable but AIR-WIFI will occasionally crack up for a short buzz. This may be due to poor broadband service in relation to the power outage leading to the estate. The last item which I have yet to put back is the old QNAP NAS. I might have turned on an unnecessary, bandwidth eating, QNAP app. Anyway, it is getting late here and I will continue tomorrow's morning before my flight off for a 10-day break.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

It would be nice if one of the magazines or reputable audio websites would put up an article on how Air simply doesn't work and hasn't for quite some time.

But unfortunately I assume Devialet would quit sending them demo units as pay back so we will continue getting biased reviews.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

I've started a Twitter campaign. #AirIsAJoke hash tag. If anyone else wants to spread the news, include @devialet and aforementioned hash tag along with some bitching!

https://twitter.com/OriginalDrTone/statu...6795476992

(22-Mar-2016, 15:24)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Well, it hasn't exactly worked reliably (across the board) on any version of OSX either - at least from what I've gathered here, and the ones I've tried myself.

Expense and hassle aside (life's short), I don't think it would take a class action suit - just a more public outcry.  They can (and do) ignore complaint emails, phone calls, dealer feedback, and what's posted here, but being a completely 'image' obsessed company, they'd probably not be able to ignore a barrage of Facebook/Twitter complaints for example.  The problem is, a lot of people kind of accept it not working properly, and for some reason are convinced Devialet are slaving away behind the scenes working on a fix.  They aren't - if they were it would have been fixed a loooooooong time ago  Dodgy

(I'll probably get accused of 'AIR bashing' now Wink)

Actually, if you look at Devialet's Facebook page and open up the comments on fairly recent posts, you can find comments relating to Phantom instability, Phantom latency, AIR stuttering etc.,  it's all there if you look hard enough....
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12