Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dialog compatibility Expert Line
Exclamation 
Quite a lot has been mentioned about this topic (ranging from being introducted timely when the Dialog hit the market, to "by the end of 2015" ... till "beginning of 2016".
To my latest information the implementation still hasn't been planned yet! So got the recommended that things can be prioritized if there is a reasonable demand for that.
I am absolutely sure there is - as this has a major impact on the convenience of using Expert line products. A "unfied" spark app that along with the Dialog unit will provide
a nice user experience and would ease the overall music workflow.
So if you think this is an important feature to have available the sooner the better just reply with "+1" to this thread.
If the dialog allows streaming off a upnp nas, to an expert box without the need for a PC, then +++++1, from me. This is where I see the value, as using a PC is just a cause of headaches (air problems)

When time becomes a loop
+1...
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
It's a +1 from me. By the way, I have just checked via the Devialet support chat feature that they have added to their website. The response "Hi, I do not have a timeframe at the moment".

So that's that one sorted then....

Why would any Devialet Expert owner that doesn't also own one or more Phantoms want a Dialog? There's plenty external music server/streaming boxes in the world already. The Dialog doesn't seem that great to me. Don't care if it's relatively cheap, I want the best quality deserving the old Devialet brand name.

IMO Devialet should deliver a proper functioning AIR solution. Don't let them off the hook this easy and reward their incompetence of not being able to deliver the promised stable internal streaming solution with buying another product of theirs!

I'd like Devialet to focus on AIR v3 whether it's new hardware, software or both. Start over from scratch and deliver a better than USB sounding, stable solution for any PC or Mac out there. Let them look at companies like Merging and their Nadac or any other company that can deliver what they promise.

Just my €0.02. Smile
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
I'm with Antoine on this one. AIR needs to be fixed without adding another box (i.e. Dialog) which may have additional problems of its own anyway. Once AIR is fixed, if Devialet then want to make Dialog usable in some way with the Expert series -- possibly as a control mechanism -- that's all well and good, although I don't know if I'd find it a benefit.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(13-Oct-2015, 13:12)Antoine Wrote: -1

Why would any Devialet Expert owner that doesn't also own one or more Phantoms want a Dialog? There's plenty external music server/streaming boxes in the world already. The Dialog doesn't seem that great to me. Don't care if it's relatively cheap, I want the best quality deserving the old Devialet brand name.

IMO Devialet should deliver a proper functioning AIR solution. Don't let them off the hook this easy and reward their incompetence of not being able to deliver the promised stable internal streaming solution with buying another product of theirs!

I'd like Devialet to focus on AIR v3 whether it's new hardware, software or both. Start over from scratch and deliver a better than USB sounding, stable solution for any PC or Mac out there. Let them look at companies like Merging and their Nadac or any other company that can deliver what they promise.

Just my €0.02. Smile

Great post!!, truth is I dont think they give a damn!
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
Let them fix Air first like they've promised.
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)
What I would really like, now that they have a player with Spark is that they come back to the original Air 1 concept, and ship to the Devialet the entire file for complete decoding and handling in the Devialet instead of relying on the various OS audio systems and acting as a virtual sound card.

Of course saying this would imply that Spark is implementing proper gapless playback.

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
I'm not sure if I'm a '+' or a '-'. I don't have a Phantom, and I don't have a good understanding of what a Dialogue really does. Or, what it would do for an Expert amp. If it were to be a streaming control centre, so to speak, and also offered internet radio and streaming service integration, then that would be appealing. I could ditch the sonos. I suppose that is what an Aurender or other streaming box does.

But if it is a way to get UPnP then Im a definite 'no'. I think 'UPnP Compatible' is not a feature; its a warning label. I don't have AIR issues, but I have almost no music other than CD rips, and I'm not currently desperate to get more hi-res tunes. It might be a more interesting or important factor in the future.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada