Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.75 Average
Direct Optical mode - How to
If you're not in a hurry, the new app coming to the premier, including the gold phantoms, should Mark the end of life of the dialog box. You should then get what you want.
I have no idea if the direct optical mode will remain.
With my pair of reactors, the lag with the TV is not perceptible.
Qobuz/Sonos/D200/GT1 SE (offered to my father, who enjoys it every day)
2 Phantom Reactor 600 and Spotify Premium
(26-Jun-2019, 00:17)Teliaved Wrote: If you're not in a hurry, the new app coming to the premier, including the gold phantoms, should Mark the end of life of the dialog box. You should then get what you want.

I have 2 cases open with Devialet to have them give me a fix to enable direct optical mode on my reactors.  In my environment, stereo is very unstable and is very hit or miss... I'll let you all know what happens.  Right now the situation is so bad that my wife wants to get rid of all the reactors... :-(
6 x Phantom Gold, 3 x Phantom Silver, 2 x Phantom Classic, 9 x Phantom Reactor 900, Symetrix Radius AEC-2, 2 x JBL Synthesis SDP-55, Dante
Hi, 

Im new Here and i own 2 Golds with a Dialog.

As i have read, it is possible to sync the Golds 
With other Sonos speakers when using a Sonos
Connect and a toslink Splitter, so the 160ms are no
Problem anymore.

In another Forum with other speakers it was
Not possible to get the Same loudness at the Sonos
speakers and the speakers connected at the toslink Out
Of the Sonos Connect. 

Has someone a Setup with some Phantoms, connected
To a Sonos Connect, using other Sonos Speakers an could
Tell me that it is possible to get a balanced loudness between all the speakers?

I want to controll the loudness with the Sonos App,
While having a Setup of 2 Golds L/R, a Sonos Beam AS
center, and 2 Sonos One as Rearspeakers.

I want to listen to Music in Stereo only with the Golds,
But i also want to Play Games in 5.0 Surround without
Having any lag of Audio.

Hope you can Tell me If this is possible, and a Sonos Connect might fix my Problem.

Sry for my Not skilled english, schools Out a Long Time ago Smile

Greetings,
Michael

Btw. The new App, would it fix the Problem maybe,
And ist it usefull to buy a Sonos Connect or ist it netter
To wait for the new App?
(26-Jun-2019, 02:22)njaiswal Wrote:
(26-Jun-2019, 00:17)Teliaved Wrote: If you're not in a hurry, the new app coming to the premier, including the gold phantoms, should Mark the end of life of the dialog box. You should then get what you want.

I have 2 cases open with Devialet to have them give me a fix to enable direct optical mode on my reactors.  In my environment, stereo is very unstable and is very hit or miss... I'll let you all know what happens.  Right now the situation is so bad that my wife wants to get rid of all the reactors... :-(
Hi!  I forgot about this thread.  I worked with Devialet's custom install manager and an AV integrator to purchase Dante adapters for my phantoms (Premieres and Classics).  So far everything has been rock solid with this configuration.
6 x Phantom Gold, 3 x Phantom Silver, 2 x Phantom Classic, 9 x Phantom Reactor 900, Symetrix Radius AEC-2, 2 x JBL Synthesis SDP-55, Dante
Thank you to Alandbush for this thread. Putting both golds into direct optical mode has solved the maddening issue of phantoms losing the signal everytime the power goes on the blink here in India. Even line level power back ups weren't able to help. Now, the music flows without interruptions, and the power back ups are effective. 
At first the powered optical splitter ( one of those cheap powered 20$ ones) would supply only one phantom with the signal. Swapped out the supplied wall wart and plugged in a linear psu ( hdplex) and the problem went away.
Hope this helps someone out there who is struggling with splitter issues. Idea
today i wanted to bring my phantom golds in direct optical mode, because i am tired of the issues. i want to use them for tv, so DOS2 is no option.
i cant connect them by bluetooth anymore, so i cant enter optical direct mode. i saw in the forum that there is a firmware fix, so i contacted the support to get rid of my old 1.14.0.18. They told me it will take around a week to get this update.. wow. so disappointed. again.
Hello All,
Is the process the same for DOS2 than DOS1 to put Phantom in Direct mode ?
This mode works well for me in DOS1 and I reflex the pro and cons to upgrade to DOS2.
Thanks
(25-Dec-2019, 23:03)alexis0587 Wrote: Hello All,
This mode works well for me in DOS1 and I reflex the pro and cons to upgrade to DOS2.
Thanks
At the moment direct optical mode doesn't work in DOS2. If you rely on it you shouldn't upgrade.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
Well I seem to have made a mess of things. I reset my phantoms from optical direct to factory settings and now I can't put them back into optical mode. When I open up the app it finds the speaker but is asking me to upgrade to the latest dos 2. It won't let me get past this upgrade page.
Anyone here has workaround?
(26-Dec-2019, 00:35)ragwo Wrote:
(25-Dec-2019, 23:03)alexis0587 Wrote: Hello All,
Thanks
At the moment direct optical mode doesn't work in DOS2. If you rely on it you shouldn't upgrade.

???

see at Devialet website :

This release includes the following improvements (compared to DOS 2.10.0): So, Direct mode is available in DOS2, but the tutorial is missing..... (other hidden menus than DOS1)
IMAC -> MOTU 8A -> TOSLINK -> PHANTOM I RIGHT AUX OPTICAL INPUT-> ETHERNET CABLE between LEFT and RIGHT (60ms):  2X Phantom I 103 dB (2021) in STEREO MODE DOS 2.12.3 - app 1.14