Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dream Color Scheme
I'm considering painting my Phantom (I know I know purists will hate this). I'm thinking a contrast between bass drivers and tray (not sure the technical names for parts). Perhaps a slightly dark blue trays on the sides and in the front around the tweeter a grey or silver. 

If you could pick, what would your dream color scheme be?
My sons and I talked about painting the bass drivers to look like Captain America's shield and do a Marvel Comics theme. That would be my dream color scheme.....LOL!!!!
(12-Jan-2019, 10:21)MountainGuy Wrote: My sons and I talked about painting the bass drivers to look like Captain America's shield and do a Marvel Comics theme.   That would be my dream color scheme.....LOL!!!!

Haha! That would be pretty cool. Perhaps there's a cool sticker out there you can use
UPDATE: accomplished my dream color scheme. I chrome gold vinyl wrapped the side panels of my white reactor Smile             
Nice!
(29-Dec-2019, 03:58)CameronCalifornia Wrote: UPDATE: accomplished my dream color scheme. I chrome gold vinyl wrapped the side panels of my white reactor Smile 
Good looking! How did you get the side panels off?
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(29-Dec-2019, 13:10)ragwo Wrote:
(29-Dec-2019, 03:58)CameronCalifornia Wrote: UPDATE: accomplished my dream color scheme. I chrome gold vinyl wrapped the side panels of my white reactor Smile 
Good looking! How did you get the side panels off?

Thanks ragwo! It came out very nice, nicer than I expected. People that have seen pictures or in person have said they are impressed.

The side panels come off and go back on pretty easily. I took two butter knives, wrapped them in pieces of paper towel, and wedged them in the gap at the bottom just behind the driver. Then I gently pried the side panel off which makes a velcro type sound as it is removed. I think this is due to some adhesive Devialet uses - this adhesive has lasted a few times of taking the panels off and on.

The panels have rubber pieces attached on the back which can be pressed into holes to hold the panel securely in place. There is also some adhesive that helps as well.
(29-Dec-2019, 11:48)Jamington2004 Wrote: Nice!
Jamington2004, thanks for the reputation point! Smile

I'm very pleased on how this came out... can't help but think about how these gold side panels would look on the new black Reactor though Tongue