Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Electrical noise when sliding the power plug
I get some kind of milld screeching, clicking noise when I slide the power plug on the expert. That's when the cable is connected to the wall socket.
Same if I slightly move the plug while it is connected.

This happens especially with cables that have  the Furutech low profile plug.
Can't remember this happening with other cables.

Is this something I should be concerned with?
thanks for any advice?
Mac Mini + Matrix X-SPDIF2 + Echoes Music 1  |  Pro-Ject CD Box RS2T  ⏵  Devialet Expert 250 Pro  ⏵  Boenicke W5 SE, B&W ASW 608 Sub
Connect the power cable to the amplifier before connecting it socket. Ensure a tight connection with the amplifier. If you hear noises when you move the plug in the amplifier, please change the plug. It doesn't fit properly and could, in worst case scenario, be a fire hazard.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
Sounds like your plug is garbage. I would check it's even genuine or legal and get a refund. Make sure the shop you bought it from is aware that they're selling a dangerous product and don't just put it back up for sale.

What @ragwo is saying isn't really right. Any decent plug should be good enough to plug in under load.

Just to be sure it's not on your amp's side, try the same with another cable.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Thanks for your replies.
Suspicion confirmed. The noise comes when I connect either of my cables that end with Furutech FI-C15 plugs (1 rhodium, the other copper).
I can't image they are fake, as I bought them both for reputable shops.

Basically any movement of the plugs once connected and powered makes this spark sound.
No such sound with any other cables / plugs I connect.

Even though there seems to be quite a bit of movement allowed with any plug connected to the Expert, these both look solid, so I wonder if it's the soldering inside the plug that causes the noise.
Mac Mini + Matrix X-SPDIF2 + Echoes Music 1  |  Pro-Ject CD Box RS2T  ⏵  Devialet Expert 250 Pro  ⏵  Boenicke W5 SE, B&W ASW 608 Sub
FIXED!
well, after talking to someone at Lessloss (the Furutech is connected to a Firewall 640x), he suspected the plug may not be fully inside the Devialet.
He suggested I may need to push a little harder with those Furutech plugs.

... and this was it !!!
... fitting is now perfect, noise is gone! thrilled!