Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Entreq grounding boxes
tategoi

I'm hopeless at saying what improvements SQ wise any of the updates I've carried out make, but FYI I have a Poseidon, with Apollo Infinity Cables & Everest

1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)

1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
Wow, the whole set up looks very awesome. And you’ve super-charged your Poseidon with Everest! How are the grounding cables connected to your equipment?
Technics SL-1200G | Ortofon Cadenza Bronze | Audio Technica AT-ART9 | Hana ML
Nucleus+ | Melco N1ZS/2EX | D100 | S100 | Telegärtner M12 | Accustic Arts Drive II
Devialet Original d'Atelier | Vivid Audio G3 Giya
Gold Phantom Opéra de Paris
S  I  N  G  A  P  O  R  E
tategoi

Being a Poseidon it has the 3 seperate compartments therefore I've both outside compartments connected to the negative speaker terminals on my dual mono 250Pro's (1000Pro set-up) and the middle compartment is connected to the one RCA digital connection (ground earthing) of each mono (you can see on the last photo 2 cables attached to middle connection).

I've had fantastic service from the Australian Entreq distributor (Cameron at Krispy Audio), and outstanding customer service from Entreq when I ran into issues with my Tellus II.

Now I suppose the big question is how does the Poseidon & Apollo Infinity cables help SQ on my set-up. Well I suppose most would think I've got more money than sense (and I've not got that much money so shows how little sense I have Tongue ), but I don't really know. I suppose it would be best if I disconnected the Poseidon as typically removing rather than adding tends to give the biggest change.

Since getting the Poseidon & Apollo Infinity cables I've had my 1000Pro upgraded with the Core Infinity, my speakers have been upgraded from ML3 Ref's to ML5 Ref's, and I upgraded my Antipodes DS to a CX (yep, more money than sense Rolleyes ). I've even shifted my mains speakers & sub around therefore this may have affected the room acoustics, so I really don't know where all the improvements are coming from. Just about finished all the changes (just need to get my HAF Filters updated) and all 'tweaks' finished. Then I can try disconnecting the Entreq and see what the difference is.

Suffice to say I'm probably (absolutely) no use to you with helping on the Entreq SQ benefits, sorry  Sad

Australia (Perth)
Haha no worry Celts88 I’m sure you will hear the benefits the supercharged Entreq made to your system. Once you are settled in just unplugged Entreq connection and keep us updated. Thanks.
Nucleus+ | Melco N1ZS/2EX | D100 | S100 | Telegärtner M12 | Accustic Arts Drive II
I can’t wait to try this Entreq Silver Minimus on my Devialet 400 but how do I connect it? I’ve managed to inherent a Silver Minimus and 2 Entreq Atlantis cables. Each cable has 1 RCA connection on one end and the other end has 2 spade connectors. I’ve read the thread (most of it) but I can’t figure out how this will work on my setup. Are these the wrong cables? Please help?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

D400, Martin Logan Summit X w Stillpoints Ultra SS isolation, Naim NDX Streamer, Clearaudio Concept TT w Stillpoints Ultra Mini isolation, Satisfy Tonearm & Maestro V2 MM cartridge, Entreq Silver Minimus w Eartha Atlantis ground, Stillpoints ESS Rack.
The RCA end connects to an unused digital input of the 400, and both spades connect to the binding post of Silver Minimus.
Yes, tategoi is right - connect the RCA to any free input/output. The connector on the Entreq cable is very simple and just makes contact with the ground part of the connector, not the live/signal part.
Both Atlantis spades connect to the Entreq box. This is a bit annoying as I think they only recommend (?) 3 spade connectors per binding post so it's easy to run out if connecting other items of equipment.
Thanks Gents... so do I use both cables or do I have one too many Atlantis cables? Also, does the digital input need to be enabled? Lastly, I assume it does not matter whether I connect to master or slave?
D400, Martin Logan Summit X w Stillpoints Ultra SS isolation, Naim NDX Streamer, Clearaudio Concept TT w Stillpoints Ultra Mini isolation, Satisfy Tonearm & Maestro V2 MM cartridge, Entreq Silver Minimus w Eartha Atlantis ground, Stillpoints ESS Rack.
OK, because my thought processes are a bit slow at the moment, I'd hesitate to say "connect both Devialet units to the one binding post on the Entreq box" as I've not tried it, but I'm pretty sure it's safe to do that. Before you do that it may be wise to wait for someone else to chip in and confirm!

You shouldn't need to enable the input or output in the config on the Devialet as the ground part of the connector should be permanently connected to the circuit boards inside. Rarely some other manufacturer's equipment might have isolating input/outputs which aren't in use, but the Devialet isn't one of them.