Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Entreq grounding boxes
(13-Nov-2014, 06:53)mauidan Wrote: Sweden only has only has three species of snakes. It must be very hard to harvest enough oil to fill these boxes.;-)

Big Grin
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(13-Nov-2014, 18:10)Antoine Wrote:
(13-Nov-2014, 06:53)mauidan Wrote: Sweden only has only has three species of snakes. It must be very hard to harvest enough oil to fill these boxes.;-)

Big Grin

Don't encourage him Antoine! Big Grin Big Grin

Dan's also been posting on WBF and has seemingly rubbed up a few the wrong way on there. Confused

Personally I don't mind people being sceptical as long as it stays friendly and civil in here.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Haha sorry Guillaume! Wink I usually ignore the 'bits are bits brigade' and people saying it's all snake oil or placebo when we 'audiophools' describe our findings. Especially when they "demand" double blind tests, but I found this comment really funny and he also posted a smiley! Smile
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
I'm glad people here have a sense of humor.;-)

BTW, I stand by my comments on WBF.

If these boxes don't present a lower resistance ground path than the AC safety ground and the connected component's signal grounds are connected to the AC safety ground (they are on the Devialet), I don't understand how these boxes can do anything to improve SQ.
(13-Nov-2014, 19:00)mauidan Wrote: I'm glad people here have a sense of humor.;-)

If these boxes don't present a lower resistance ground path than the AC safety ground and the connected component's signal grounds are connected to the AC safety ground (they are on the Devialet), I don't understand how these boxes can do anything to improve SQ.

I might be all in our heads Dan! Big Grin Joking aside I am pretty sure there is something major going on but I couldn't tell you what it is. Of course I've read and heard all the usual explanations (improved path to earth, portable chem rod in a box etc) but of course those won't satisfy those that want science-based reasoning and measurements.

I tell you what I'll raise this question with the distributor when I next speak to him next.

But ultimately your best bet is to try for yourself. Do Stillpoints not have any dealers in Hawaii? By the way did you know that they have been attaching little Entreq boxes to their racks for some time now?

Guillaume

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(13-Nov-2014, 19:17)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(13-Nov-2014, 19:00)mauidan Wrote: I'm glad people here have a sense of humor.;-)

I might be all in our heads Dan! Big Grin Joking aside I am pretty sure there is something major going on but I couldn't tell you what it is. Of course I've read and heard all the usual explanations (improved path to earth, portable chem rod in a box etc) but of course those won't satisfy those that want science-based reasoning and measurements.

I tell you what I'll raise this question with the distributor when I next speak to him next.

But ultimately your best bet is to try for yourself. Do Stillpoints not have any dealers in Hawaii? By the way did you know that they have been attaching little Entreq boxes to their racks for some time now?

Guillaume

Guillaume,

There are no Stillpoints dealers in HI, and according to their website, there are only four dealers in the US with Entreq products in stock.

Dan
Well Guillaume, there will be an explanation and my best guess is as I put above. It certainly is not an earth, though it will be a low impedance joining of all the system signal commons, which shouldn't be necessary but may not be achieved already in a system if certain interconnects are used.
My experience with "extreme" technology is that even if the manufacturer knows precisely how it works he won't tell anybody (or at least not the truth) to avoid being copied.
None of the propaganda I have read so far obeys basic principles and is either marketing spin or a red herring.
The idea that these things are not explicable is absurd from my way of thinking. It implies that when we design something it doesn't behave as expected or if it breaks down we don't understand why or how.
If this were the case we would never, for example, have got computers working and things like landing on a comet would be hopelessly impossible.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

(13-Nov-2014, 20:23)f1eng Wrote: Well Guillaume, there will be an explanation and my best guess is as I put above. It certainly is not an earth, though it will be a low impedance joining of all the system signal commons, which shouldn't be necessary but may not be achieved already in a system if certain interconnects are used.
My experience with "extreme" technology is that even if the manufacturer knows precisely how it works he won't tell anybody (or at least not the truth) to avoid being copied.
None of the propaganda I have read so far obeys basic principles and is either marketing spin or a red herring.
The idea that these things are not explicable is absurd from my way of thinking. It implies that when we design something it doesn't behave as expected or if it breaks down we don't understand why or how.
If this were the case we would never, for example, have got computers working and things like landing on a comet would be hopelessly impossible.

Great Post!
As an engineer, and someone who's natural abilities revolve around physics, I always love F1eng's posts, and I always find myself agreeing with his logic. But the thing is, with hifi, I amazed by how many times I listen to a demo of kit and the results are far from what I expected, or even the last thing I expected. Hearing is believing for me, especially when parting with cash for kit. I'd love to set up a true ABX test of Entreq equipment, and I have no idea what to expect or what the conclusion would be. I must admit, I read their website the other day, and the words snake oil came to mind, but as I said, I would not dismiss it at all until I had heard for myself. It would make an excellent dealer event to do a proper blind demo / test of the Entreq range. Or does anyone offer home demos?
(13-Nov-2014, 23:40)Confused Wrote: It would make an excellent dealer event to do a proper blind demo / test of the Entreq range. Or does anyone offer home demos?

Unfortunately I don't think that would work (the blind A/B test that is). The problem is it takes a few minutes for the effects to become pronounced. I'd say about 3 tracks in you start to think wow something is going on... it then keeps getting better over a period of hours/days.

On the other hand I think a dealer home demo is absolutely essential and I can't imagine would be very difficult to set up. Loads of dealers are selling the stuff now.

Guillaume

UK