Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EtherRegen saved my Devialet experience
(25-Jul-2020, 07:57)Snoopy8 Wrote:
(24-Jul-2020, 19:31)BoyScout Wrote: After a long talk with my dealer, and he knows my system very well, i realize that maybe my problem came from the weakest point in the chain: the Zen mini. Of course there are other details to improve later, but this server, which provisionally bought just to release my laptop, it may be "braking" a bit the rest of the system.

So, i´m considering the changing. Because Innuos has a good price/quality ratio and a ripper (very important for me), i´m trying to find wich one between Zen MK3 and Zenith MK3 because, at first sight there aren´t a lot differences, just in price.
I´m searching reviews, tech details, comparisons, etc.
Have you a tip?
I read that the Innuos streamers are good but have not used one. Are you using a linear power supply (LPSU)?  As a general statement, most streamers can be improved with a good LPSU.

If you have the money, upgrade the Innuos, get the EtherREGEN and buy LPSUs for both. If you have a limited budget, get LPSU for existing streamer or get EtherREGEN by itself.

That´s a very solid alternative.
I´m tented to test the Zen or Zenith here at home, those has a better power supply.
Deppending on the feeling i´ll decide witch way to go.
Mac mini with Roon, Devialet 220 Pro CI, Black Sixteen speaker cables, Sonus Faber Guarneri Tradition and a pair of ears.
Any more who tried the Etherregen in the meantime?
(19-Feb-2021, 07:36)markush Wrote: Any more who tried the Etherregen in the meantime?

I own one for 8 month now, it’s good , it improved everything but it’s not a life changing device ( also doesn’t cost like one )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I heard that further tuning can be done with a linear power supply like Farad Super 3 or going optical.
(20-Feb-2021, 01:49)markush Wrote: I heard that further tuning can be done with a linear power supply like Farad Super 3 or going optical.

I bet it’s an additional improvement, I’m happy with it as is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(20-Feb-2021, 01:49)markush Wrote: I heard that further tuning can be done with a linear power supply like Farad Super 3 or going optical.

The biggest improvement is the EtherRegen itself. From there, there are incremental gains, e.g. linear power supply n(LPSU), better Ethernet cable, using optical link, getting a 2nd ER, adding a clock etc...   There is a rabbit warren to explore, and often any gain is system dependent. However many people get the ER, maybe add the LPSU and stop there.

I'm working on this for my ER.
Roon Nucleus w/ Hypsos PSU & AQ Tornado + Roon RAAT  >  AQ Diamond ETH > etherREGEN using SFP + Hypsos PSU | CEC TL-5 CD Transport + AQ Z3 + 3 x Orea Indigo > AQ Diamond AES/EBU 
Devialet 440-Pro CI >  AQ Wel Sig  RCA-XLR | 6 x Orea Bronze, 2 x Synergistic Research Atmosphere PC | B&W 802 D3 {Bi-wired}  >  AQ WEL Signature (Biwire)
REL G1-Mk2 pair | PS Audio PP 12 + AQ NRG-1000 | Puritan GroundMaster + RouteMaster | SAM DISABLED - DPM OFF - Northern Virginia - US
The farad super 3 with furutech rhodium AC inlet, fuse upgrade to orange fuse and the DC power cable level 2 copper is great upgrade for the EtherRegen, especially after a few weeks.