Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ethernet Weirdness
Recently i set up a direct connection between my Windows 10 Lap top and my Devialet LE400.

I had it all working beautifully, no drop outs etc etc..

Then today, i changed the orientation of my room.. Moved all the gear, re plugged it in and powered up.

I have double-triple checked all plugs.. everything is connected.

Suddenly i can't get any sound from the Devialet. NO settings have been tampered with at all.

I am streaming using Roon in exclusive mode. Air turns on and i select ethernet just like before, the Devialet is set to Ethernet and Wifi is not on.

Any ideas as to what on earth is going on ?
(01-Jun-2017, 11:37)Saunter Wrote: Recently i set up a direct connection between my Windows 10 Lap top and my Devialet LE400.

Then today, i changed the orientation of my room.. Moved all the gear, re plugged it in and powered up.

Suddenly i can't get any sound from the Devialet. NO settings have been tampered with at all.

I am streaming using Roon in exclusive mode. Air turns on and i select ethernet just like before, the Devialet is set to Ethernet and Wifi is not on.

How did you configure Eth on the Devialet?

If you did not change anything it is using DHCP and it is not unlikely that it was still using the IP address that it got when it was not directly connected, hence working before until you pouted it off. 

You have two solutions:
1) turn off DHCP on the configurator of the Devialet and assign manually an IP address. 
2) configure your PC so that it acts as a DHCP server for the Devialet.

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
(01-Jun-2017, 11:50)Jean-Marie Wrote:
(01-Jun-2017, 11:37)Saunter Wrote: Recently i set up a direct connection between my Windows 10 Lap top and my Devialet LE400.

How did you configure Eth on the Devialet?

If you did not change anything it is using DHCP and it is not unlikely that it was still using the IP address that it got when it was not directly connected, hence working before until you pouted it off. 

You have two solutions:
1) turn off DHCP on the configurator of the Devialet and assign manually an IP address. 
2) configure your PC so that it acts as a DHCP server for the Devialet.

Jean-Marie
What i meant by not changing anything is that between it working and not working i haven't changed any settings.

Ethernet is set up witha fixed ip address.

Cheers
Have you got the master and companion the right way around? Do other sources work?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Roon, Rega P9 + Dynavector XX2Mk2 > 440 Pro > Sonus Faber Guarneri Evolution
Hi Soniclife,

Yep... all other sources work with out issue.

Last night i went through and double checked all settings. Everything is correct and the same as when it was working.

When i check the Ethernet link on my computer for packet transfer it is being sent.
When i check the Devialet for incoming there is nothing.

The Ethernet cable (Cat 6) is plugged in securely at both ends...

A real head scratcher... maybe i damaged the Ethernet cable. I will try another tonight but i really don't think that is going to solve it.
Can you ping the devialet from the PC?

Sorry if you already did so.
I assume also that you checked that the Ethernet text in the Display of the devialet is not remaining orange which would mean that it does not see the Ethernet datalink, so I assume that it remains faded gray instead of turning more solid gray.

Last test I can think of is opening the air application on the PC and check whether it sees the devialet or not.

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
Funnily I've had TWO such experiences over the last month. Believe it or not, the first time around Mute was active on the D400, only visible on the screen, which I did not look at.

The second time is tonight, and looks like it's my FMC that's broken.
Devialet 400 / Von Gaylord Return Of The Legend + VG-1 Plus / Well Tempered Simplex w/ Dynavector 20x2L
LOL... Mute is not on.... FMC = ?

Ethernet display is blue/grey not orange..

Air sees the PC

Gaaah.. exasperating it is.
Maybe a silly question, in which case I apologise in advance, but: have you actually told AIR on the PC to connect to your Devialet? (Click on the AIR icon in system tray, then select the device to stream to.)

Did you try Jean-Marie's suggestion to try pinging the Devialet from the PC?
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK