Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ethernet or wifi streaming and white noise on Mac
Today I reverted back to AIR 2.1.2 and in all afternoon I never experienced a single crackling noise or drop using Ethernet connection.
Could have been a lucky day but that is what I was used before upgrading to AIR 2.1.3. Let's hope it keep going like this.....
(08-Nov-2015, 06:33)marcor Wrote: Today I reverted back to AIR 2.1.2 and in all afternoon I never experienced a single crackling noise or drop using Ethernet connection.
Could have been a lucky day but that is what I was used before upgrading to AIR 2.1.3. Let's hope it keep going like this.....

Which version of OS X are you using?

My experience is somewhat similar: up to Mavericks, 2.1.2 was more stable that 2.1.3. 

With Yosemite and El Capitan, you need 2.1.3 because of of mandatory signing of kernel extensions. Therefore I'm using now 2.1.3 on El Capitan which is almost as stable as 2.1.2 on Mavericks. 

The least stable combination for me was 2.1.3 on Mavericks. I never had the white noise, but had drops, stutters anda other problems withing 5 to 10 mins of listening. 

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
Hi Jean-Marie,

This makes totally sense as I am still with Mavericks and with 2.1.2 I never had issues but as soon I moved to 2.1.3 I started experiencing the problems.I don't think I had anything that I would define as white noise but I had crackles and stutters sometimes afyer 45 minutes sometimes after few minutes of playing. I was planning to update to el capitan but at this point I am not sure anymore. Provably I will stick to what I have working now for as much as possible.