Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ethernet streaming and occasional white noise on Windows
Woohoo! That sounds promising.
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)
Well, each previous version was assumed to be 'in testing' for about a year and still didn't work, so my hopes aren't very high if I'm honest. Also note, they don't appear to have anyone testing in the real world - just internally - and we know how thorough they are...... Actually, I think I might be on to something.... must write to Customer Support and tell them.... Oh, hang on.....

No seriously, I'm genuinely very excited. I'm sure they've realised they took the wrong path, so they've manned up and crewed up, re-written it from scratch with some pros, and have been putting it through its paces in every conceivable network environment up to DSD512, followed by extensive and thoroughly tracked beta testing and bug squashing, and now they're just doing the final packaging up with some nicely updated Apps and release notes, to give us all a special treat for Summer...... Oh, I must have nodded off.... I had such an odd dream....

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Because of all the hoo ha over Air, I tried it once, I got white noise and dropouts. As I say, once was enough for me and I resorted to my present method of NAS drive straight into the D via USB. I recently bought the Intona Industrial, which gave instant improvement.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Devialet just closed my AIR support ticket as "working on it" is apparently a resolution to them.

Hello Dr Tone,

This is the information I have received from France regarding Devialet Air White Noise.

They said please tell the customer that resolution is in the pipeline, but no timeline either. But tests are being done constantly. The R and D team is feverishly working to find a solution. 
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

Full marks for addition of "feverishly" to the standard reply, though Smile
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
The last sentence is interesting. They are feverishly working to find a solution. Sounds like they are no further ahead than 2 years ago?
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

Well the last post on the announcement / beta version of AIR section on Devialet's website states:

"I know timescales with software can be unpredictable, but perhaps you could provide an approximate indication of Devialet's plans. For example, is the revised version of AIR likely to be Q2 2016, or maybe later, towards the end of the year? (I presume we are talking 2016?) An approximate indication would be useful."

This is a recent post to be fair, but Devialet's response so far is more silence.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Constant tests and feverish work. Yet no results.
It might be a bit more credible to just say "we've been busy with Spark and other things so haven't touched it, but we're going to put resources on it this quarter, rewrite it, and fix it once and for all."
Might save them looking so incompetent?

I can just imagine the scene between support and R&D:

Support: I've got another customer complaining about AIR being broken and asking when it's going to be fixed.
R&D: Tell him to f*** off, it works fine here, so there's nothing to fix.
Support: Dear customer, I've just had a detailed conversation with R&D, and they tell me to please tell the customer that resolution is in the pipeline, but no timeline either.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(25-Apr-2016, 21:21)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Constant tests and feverish work. Yet no results.
It might be a bit more credible to just say "we've been busy with Spark and other things so haven't touched it, but we're going to put resources on it this quarter, rewrite it, and fix it once and for all."
Might save them looking so incompetent?

I can just imagine the scene between support and R&D:

Support: I've got another customer complaining about AIR being broken and asking when it's going to be fixed.
R&D: Tell him to f*** off, it works fine here, so there's nothing to fix.
Support: Dear customer, I've just had a detailed conversation with R&D, and they tell me to please tell the customer that resolution is in the pipeline, but no timeline either.
NUC i5/ROCK/Roon Lifetime =>  Original d'Atelier CoreInfinity #066 => Transparent MusicWave+ =>Wilson Sophia 3
My Facebook rant last week elicited the following response from Devialet:

"I can assure you that we are working on it. Wa (sic) are doing everything we can to work with the small team as fast as possible.
Thank you for your feedback though.
Kind regards,
D"

What a bunch of cr*p.
NUC i5/ROCK/Roon Lifetime =>  Original d'Atelier CoreInfinity #066 => Transparent MusicWave+ =>Wilson Sophia 3