Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Expert 140 PRO with Boenicke W5, need help!
(06-May-2019, 19:41)Soundside Wrote: In case the W5s dont get added to SAM, is it still worth going with Devialet, or am I better of looking elsewhere?

Would you consider using/buying Expert Pro knowing your speakers aren’t supported?

I would agree with Jean-Marie.

You might also send an email to Boenicke (info@boenicke-audio.ch) and ask them whether they have any recommendation regarding the base version of the speaker and the SE version as it relates to the use of SAM.  It's a long shot but considering the investment you wish to make, it might make some sense.
Devialet Expert 220 Pro Kinki EX-M7 power amp tethered to a fiber-fed Lumin X1 streamer via Grimm XLRs, Vivid B1 Decade speakers in Rosso Barchetta red (only 200 produced in a limited edition), Roon Nucleus with a Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD, etherREGEN switch fed by a Sonore opticalModule (and Sonore-supplied transceivers and 1M optical cable) with a SOtM dCBL-Cat7 cable to my Nucleus and a DH Labs Reunion Cat8 to my Lumin T2 streamer, Keces P8 linear power supply feeding a (to come) NUC and EtherREGEN switch with an external AfterDark OCXO clock., and opticalModule (5V/1A), AudioQuest Niagara 1000 power conditioner, ASI LiveLine loom (purchased directly from Franck Tchang when I lived in France), Less Loss Firewall for Speakers and Roon lifetime license with Tidal streaming.
Boenicke W8 user here with Devialet 400, work beautifully together. Sam? i have used the amps extensively with this either switched in or out, there is a difference but nothing to really get yourself wound up over it.infact i tend to turn the effect of Sam down in the program as the w8's ccan become over blown causing the bass to overdrive. If you do want it you need to sent one speaker to Devialet with a sd card, this comes back with the Sam program for the W5.
The combination i have can be magical, but it's taken time trying various products, all piling up in the spare room, so try various cables, speaker positoning, get as cleaner mains power supply you can, it all contributes.
As regards 'Air Play' it's some thing i don't use myself.
Good luck with your quest for quality music reproduction Wink
TOYS:- Devialet 400, PS Audio Perfectwave Transport, Melco N1A, Boenicke W8's, cabled throughout Chord Signature tuned aray. Intel I7 NUC Roon Rock/Tidal.
Mains supply, dedicated consumer unit, 5Kw balanced transformer,
. plenty of IFI accessories, Melco Ethernet cables, Townshend isolation throughout, All furutech mains cables.
Recently added. PS Audio PP5, Townshend Audio 5 tier Seismic table.SBooster psu for NUC,

Alright, thank you all for your input. I’m going to try to audition the 140 PRO with my speakers and hopefully it will outshine my current setup.

I’ve seen a nice vertical acrylig easel stand for the Pro online. If I decide to go with the 140 I want something similar. Any ideas of where to look?
There was another member @GTX I think, who has Boenicke speakers as well as some others. He was helpful to me when I was speaker shopping. I'm not sure if he is still around, as I haven't seen posts for some time. Just a thought as another possible source of information.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
Thanks @Damon I appreciate all the input I can get. It’s an expensive lesson to buy the wrong kit.
(09-May-2019, 19:58)Soundside Wrote: Thanks @Damon I appreciate all the input I can get. It’s an expensive lesson to buy the wrong kit.

Man, I know that. I've done it with speakers, the previous GamuT's and motorcycles. All reviews and comments I've read on the Boenicke speakers are very complimentary. I'd expect them to be well-matched to the Devialet. Wish we had them in Canada. 

I would also be interested in your thoughts in comparing the Golds to the D140/ W5 combination. Sometimes I thing of going the other way; to a Phantom set up, just to simplify the whole audio thing.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
https://www.audioasylum.com/messages/spe...rched-them
(12-May-2019, 16:06)antilles Wrote: https://www.audioasylum.com/messages/spe...rched-them

Maybe I wasn’t clear enough in earlier posts. I’m not researching if the W5’s are good or not. I own them and they are awesome. I’m just curious about how the 140 Pro would suit them.
Hi, I could listen to the Boenicke Speaker on the HighEnd.  All the models were played during the screening, as the little speaker played, some listeners had to check if the W5 really was playing!  For the size, great sound.  What also impressed, is the elaborate production! Rolleyes

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
(12-May-2019, 21:02)K4680 Wrote: Hi, I could listen to the Boenicke Speaker on the HighEnd.  All the models were played during the screening, as the little speaker played, some listeners had to check if the W5 really was playing!  For the size, great sound.  What also impressed, is the elaborate production! Rolleyes

Cool, thank you for sharing the pictures. 

What electronics where they playing through? I guess it might have been Boenickes upcoming amplifier?