Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Expert 140 PRO with Boenicke W5, need help!
(13-May-2019, 09:53)Soundside Wrote:
(12-May-2019, 21:02)K4680 Wrote: Hi, I could listen to the Boenicke Speaker on the HighEnd.  All the models were played during the screening, as the little speaker played, some listeners had to check if the W5 really was playing!  For the size, great sound.  What also impressed, is the elaborate production! Rolleyes

Cool, thank you for sharing the pictures. 

What electronics where they playing through? I guess it might have been Boenickes upcoming amplifier?

Hi, in the demo played the integrated amplifier E2! Issued were still the power amplifier P3 and NosDac C2!
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
So, I’m trying to find a good deal on a used 140 Pro CI or even a 220 Pro CI. Any suggestions on sellers with good reputation and good deals?
(16-May-2019, 12:17)Soundside Wrote: So, I’m trying to find a good deal on a used 140 Pro CI or even a 220 Pro CI. Any suggestions on sellers with good reputation and good deals?
If you are in Canada or the U.S. you can get a new 220 Pro CI from Noteworthy Audio (contact Nick) in Canada.  I live in the U.S. and recently purchased one.  Here's a link.  He's selling a new 220 Pro CI for CAD7995 or just under USD6K, including shipping and insurance.  And, if you wire Nick the money, he'll give you an additional discount.
Devialet Expert 220 Pro Kinki EX-M7 power amp tethered to a fiber-fed Lumin X1 streamer via Grimm XLRs, Vivid B1 Decade speakers in Rosso Barchetta red (only 200 produced in a limited edition), Roon Nucleus with a Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD, etherREGEN switch fed by a Sonore opticalModule (and Sonore-supplied transceivers and 1M optical cable) with a SOtM dCBL-Cat7 cable to my Nucleus and a DH Labs Reunion Cat8 to my Lumin T2 streamer, Keces P8 linear power supply feeding a (to come) NUC and EtherREGEN switch with an external AfterDark OCXO clock., and opticalModule (5V/1A), AudioQuest Niagara 1000 power conditioner, ASI LiveLine loom (purchased directly from Franck Tchang when I lived in France), Less Loss Firewall for Speakers and Roon lifetime license with Tidal streaming.
(16-May-2019, 12:24)Flashman Wrote:
(16-May-2019, 12:17)Soundside Wrote: So, I’m trying to find a good deal on a used 140 Pro CI or even a 220 Pro CI. Any suggestions on sellers with good reputation and good deals?
If you are in Canada or the U.S. you can get a new 220 Pro CI from Noteworthy Audio (contact Nick) in Canada.  I live in the U.S. and recently purchased one.  Here's a link.  He's selling a new 220 Pro CI for CAD7995 or just under USD6K, including shipping and insurance.  And, if you wire Nick the money, he'll give you an additional discount.

Thanks @Flashman . Sorry i should have stated where I live. I live in Europe (Sweden) so that offer is probably off the table for me.
(16-May-2019, 12:36)Soundside Wrote:
(16-May-2019, 12:24)Flashman Wrote:

Thanks @Flashman . Sorry i should have stated where I live. I live in Europe (Sweden) so that offer is probably off the table for me.

Ah @Soundside too bad.  It's a nice price.  Good luck!
Devialet Expert 220 Pro Kinki EX-M7 power amp tethered to a fiber-fed Lumin X1 streamer via Grimm XLRs, Vivid B1 Decade speakers in Rosso Barchetta red (only 200 produced in a limited edition), Roon Nucleus with a Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD, etherREGEN switch fed by a Sonore opticalModule (and Sonore-supplied transceivers and 1M optical cable) with a SOtM dCBL-Cat7 cable to my Nucleus and a DH Labs Reunion Cat8 to my Lumin T2 streamer, Keces P8 linear power supply feeding a (to come) NUC and EtherREGEN switch with an external AfterDark OCXO clock., and opticalModule (5V/1A), AudioQuest Niagara 1000 power conditioner, ASI LiveLine loom (purchased directly from Franck Tchang when I lived in France), Less Loss Firewall for Speakers and Roon lifetime license with Tidal streaming.
So I just bought the 220 Pro CI and first impressions is that it sounds terrific right out of the box. Very pleased so far.

Now I just need to find some suitable speaker cables and maybe I'll try the Audioquest Z3 power cable that is praised in other threads here on the forum.

One question though, when using AirPlay the output/volume seems very low. Have you experienced that and is it a way to tackle that?
Congrats on your purchase!

I believe with Airplay the volume is controlled by the playback device so if you haven’t done already check the volume of the app you’re using.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(28-May-2019, 10:39)Antoine Wrote: Congrats on your purchase!

I believe with Airplay the volume is controlled by the playback device so if you haven’t done already check the volume of the app you’re using.

Thanks!

Yes, it’s possible to control the volyme from the iPhone/Apple Watch as well as from the Devialet remote. When changing volume with the iPhone the Devialet volume changes accordingly. It seems like the base level of the ”input” is a bit low and i have to got to 80-90% volume on the iPhone to get a decent listening level.. Is there a way to boost certain i puts individually (if the AirPlay options counts as an input)?
(28-May-2019, 11:14)Soundside Wrote:

Thanks!

Yes, it’s possible to control the volyme from the iPhone/Apple Watch as well as from the Devialet remote. When changing volume with the iPhone the Devialet volume changes accordingly. It seems like the base level of the ”input” is a bit low and i have to got to 80-90% volume on the iPhone to get a decent listening level.. Is there a way to boost certain i puts individually (if the AirPlay options counts as an input)?

Since it’s a digital input I don’t think it’s possible to apply some type of boost (or like with analog an input sensitivity). Not sure if you’ve also noticed that max volume on an airplay source/device corresponds to -12 on the Devialet. I noticed the remote allows you to up it further.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(28-May-2019, 12:27)Antoine Wrote:
(28-May-2019, 11:14)Soundside Wrote:

Thanks!

Since it’s a digital input I don’t think it’s possible to apply some type of boost (or like with analog an input sensitivity). Not sure if you’ve also noticed that max volume on an airplay source/device corresponds to -12 on the Devialet. I noticed the remote allows you to up it further.

Ah ok, so the Devialet will basically go beyond the AirPlay/iPhone volume. That might be a good thing since people only playing through their phone on the system won't be able to crank it too loud Smile