Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Expert Pro Alternatives
It's becoming clearer and clearer that Devialet is ending support for the Expert Pro line. 

Between the failure to update the Remote app, Air on Mac, the many issues people continue to report with the configurator, now the blanked out account pages on the Devialet website, I'd be curious if others like me are considering their options. 

Seen a few comparisons between the Expert Pros and the Hegel H390/590. Curious what others board members have considered or are considering?
I'd say the real challenger is the NAD M33. Like the Expert, it's an all-in-one compact "super-integrated" with onboard streaming (inc. Roon), but adds room correction:
https://www.stereophile.com/content/nad-...-amplifier

But I think the Expert line is going to remain a fantastic bargain in the used market. At current full retail, however, I'd say they've got real compelling competition in the super-integrated category...
Devialet 1000 Pro Core Infinity, Magico M3, Nordost Frey 2 speaker cable, PS Audio P15 Power Plant, Shunyata Alpha EF AC cable, Mac Mini running ROON.
(02-Oct-2020, 20:38)qwaszxxx Wrote: It's becoming clearer and clearer that Devialet is ending support for the Expert Pro line. 

Between the failure to update the Remote app, Air on Mac, the many issues people continue to report with the configurator, now the blanked out account pages on the Devialet website, I'd be curious if others like me are considering their options. 

Seen a few comparisons between the Expert Pros and the Hegel H390/590. Curious what others board members have considered or are considering?

I cannot save my config file 
I need a Sam fore Martin Logan with my 250 pro
They will issue an update on Monday - finally!
What kind of update ?
Roon/Devialet Air/HTPC USB => Devialet 1000 Pro Core Infinity => Nordost Frey 2/strap Norse 2 => BW 802 D3
Devialet Server completely offline! Preparing for the big update? Rolleyes
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
(03-Oct-2020, 06:56)K4680 Wrote: Devialet Server completely offline!  Preparing for the big update? Rolleyes

I hope so
Everything seems back to normal on the website, including purchases and saved configurations. Let's see if anything new comes along!
NUC i5/ROCK/Roon Lifetime =>  Original d'Atelier CoreInfinity #066 => Transparent MusicWave+ =>Wilson Sophia 3
Hang fire, news coming soon.
(03-Oct-2020, 11:34)oxfordaudio Wrote: Hang fire, news coming soon.

Where is the 'popcorn' smiley when you really need one ?
NUC i5/ROCK/Roon Lifetime =>  Original d'Atelier CoreInfinity #066 => Transparent MusicWave+ =>Wilson Sophia 3