Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Expert Remote App is not working any more
I agree but only if we do this on a larger and frequent scale and within the Phantom 'channels' as well. My profession Keeps me away from Facebook and other social media. Because of that I also don't know what would be the right 'channels' for such a campaign.

Are the expert owners the only ones that feel neglected or Phantom owner as well? I don't have any so don't monitor.
Devialet 220 Expert Pro CI | Sonus Faber Olympica II | Crystal cable speaker cables, interlink and power cables | ROON Rock on Intel NUC | Netherlands
Trust me, Devialet don’t care, it doesn’t matter what you post on social media, Devialet will carry on treating their dealers and customers like Shit.

Their french arrogance makes them think they can do what they like and treat people how they like, they will Not and and have no intention of updating their the to work with IOS 14, yet they continue to sell Expert Pro Amplifiers.

Essentially they are now selling products that are not fit for purpose, so they will continue to do so.

I also believe they are intending to discontinue the Expert Pro as soon as they have run out of stock, I say this because they’ve already stopped the dealers selling upgrades to the 220 from the previous models and offering it directly for a discount of over £800 off the original price, so don’t get your hopes up it ain’t going to happen with new software or firmware....
(19-Sep-2020, 19:57)iamwappie Wrote:
(18-Sep-2020, 13:18)ada Wrote: That's not my concern. I am fine to wait for a month if I know that the problem was gonna be fixed.

1) Mac OS Catalina released more than a year ago, we can't still install the Devialet AIR to it. Big Sur is on the way and we won't be able to install it to that either. Please tell me how long should I wait? I am not looking for who caused the problem, I am looking for a solution as the customer.

2) Devialet made an annoucement for their Phanton users to not to update to 14 and they announced also they have a fix for Phanton app. Where is this announcement for the Expert line?

3) Ignore all my message, I will wait for one or two weeks and I will come here and apologize from you and Devialet in case that they release a new Expert Remote version.

4) What if I am right about my concerns? I am tired of seeing people supporting Devialet's play about situations.

My demand is simple, I bougth a product from a company and it is still under warranty, two of the features that are promoted in their website and in the product manual are NOT working. And I don't care who caused the problem. As equal as a Phantom customer, I want to know if my concern is being addessed or not. How hard to cover Expert product line in this message if they already know the same problem is exist for their other product: https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...rt-warning

I am not demanding something crazy, I am just asking that is already being done for Phantom to be done for Expert too. Or I want to know if my product is oblesulte now. It is that simple! Please don't advise me about waiting for one or two weeks, we are waiting Devialet to fix things for more than 2 years, I won't listen these advices as they are non-sense!

Maybe we should join forces and file a lawsuit or class act. I put my money on that we can prove neglect in court. I don't have the cash though but certainly would be interesting to see how such a case turns out.

I would be happy to contribute, they are still selling the product and therefore selling it knowing it’s no longer fit for purpose.

What does that say about Devialet, they are a compete bunch of crooks....
If you’ve upgraded to IOS 14 and the Devialet Expert Remote is not working for you, check to see which version you have. I had v1.8.3 and it did not work. So I deleted it. On a lark, I went to the App Store on my iPhone and found the same app but it is v1.8.4. According to the App Store, it’s been out for 2 years. WTF?

So I went ahead and downloaded it.... surprise - it works!

Stranger still, if you go to the app in Settings and open that, it says the version is still 1.8.3.

Can I get another WTF?

So give it a try.... delete the app you have and then go download it again. Does it now work?
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
Doh! I got it to work on my iPhone but not on my iPad. Frustrating!
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Durham, NC USA
Just tried v1.8.4 on my iPad, it did not work Sad
Good thing I have Android phone, the app works there with no issues.
From what I've learned, under IOS 14 any app that attempts to use your local network will first prompt to have local network access enabled. When I reinstalled the Devialet Expert Remote on my iPhone it did prompt for local network access which I enabled and then it worked. On my iPad it never requested local network access and thus failed to work. I then foolishly then uninstalled and reinstalled on my iPhone again. This time it did not prompt for local network access and thus fails to work.

I have now communicated this via my Devialet Support ticket that I submitted 4 days ago. Unfortunately, I have not seen any response since first submitted.
Durham, NC USA
(20-Sep-2020, 10:14)Musicmanlv Wrote: Trust me, Devialet don’t care, it doesn’t matter what you post on social media, Devialet will carry on treating their dealers and customers like Shit.

Their french arrogance makes them think they can do what they like and treat people how they like, they will Not and and have no intention of updating their the to work with IOS 14, yet they continue to sell Expert Pro Amplifiers.

Essentially they are now selling products that are not fit for purpose, so they will continue to do so.

I also believe they are intending to discontinue the Expert Pro as soon as they have run out of stock, I say this because they’ve already stopped the dealers selling upgrades to the 220 from the previous models and offering it directly for a discount of over £800 off the original price, so don’t get your hopes up it ain’t going to happen with new software or firmware....

The Remote App fix for iOS 14 is fairly simple, it shouldn’t take such a long time to deal with if they have qualify tech. resources.  That is one of the reason for me to wait and upgrade to 220 pro.

Kai
Devialet Expert 120 | SF Electa Amator II | Nordost power & speaker cables | Raspberry Pi CM4 Streamer | Devialet Gemini | Vancouver, Canada.
Yes, the fix is very simple (like making the Devialet AIR app 64bit compatible) but they are not gonna fix the remote. If you ask them in the support they will tell you to use the physical remote. That's what happened to me.

1 year ago, it was the same, they have told me to use USB as I can't install Devialet AIR to my brand new computer. No hope here, some people keep saying wait for a week with a calendar from another space but I am pretty sure the Expert line is dead.
FWIW, I do not believe the Expert Pro line is dead or abandoned although I doubt we'll ever see any updates for the older Experts. But, certainly, the Expert Pro line has been ignored for a very long time now.

I have been in routine discussions via the Devialet support channel. That alone tells me that they're at least still listening. They have confirmed that there is a DOS/firmware beta underway and their team is looking at the IOS 14 issue with the Expert Remote app. But if and when we'll see anything is unknown. My guess is that it's not imminent.
Durham, NC USA