Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Expert Remote App is not working any more
iOS beta has been months and the remote app has not been updated for years...

It does look worry to me, it really should not take that long to fix.

The iOS app still don’t support full screen for years... They just don’t care...

Something is not going right, may be they only has 1 software developer in the team. Otherwise I cannot understand, may be a team of fresh graduated developers writing the DOS so it took so long?????

I used to support Devialet but now I am disappointed, because they ignores Expert Pro users and those are high end users. Really bad.
(23-Sep-2020, 16:59)PeppaPig Wrote: iOS beta has been months and the remote app has not been updated for years...

The iOS app still don’t support full screen for years... They just don’t care...

Something is not going right, may be they only has 1 software developer in the team. Otherwise I cannot understand, may be a team of fresh graduated developers writing the DOS so it took so long?????

I used to support Devialet but now I am disappointed, because they ignores Expert Pro users and those are high end users. Really bad.

LMAO If only you had been warned months ago about any of this
(24-Sep-2020, 03:16)griffithstrife Wrote:
(23-Sep-2020, 16:59)PeppaPig Wrote: iOS beta has been months and the remote app has not been updated for years...

Not sure what you mean by this. If you use an iPhone, it’s full screen. If you use an iPad, there’s a 2x button for... full screen.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
I have long been convinced there must only be one solitary software developer. Working against CoVid restrictions to-boot.
JRiver v25 (Windows) >> 220Pro/CI >> PMC Twenty5.23 + twin KEF KC62 subs. One White Phantom.
(24-Sep-2020, 07:37)Axel Wrote:
(24-Sep-2020, 03:16)griffithstrife Wrote:

Not sure what you mean by this. If you use an iPhone, it’s full screen. If you use an iPad, there’s a 2x button for... full screen.

It doesn’t support full screen on iPhone X and 11. It should be displaying from top to bottom.
(23-Sep-2020, 08:32)ada Wrote: Yes, the fix is very simple (like making the Devialet AIR app 64bit compatible) but they are not gonna fix the remote. If you ask them in the support they will tell you to use the physical remote. That's what happened to me.

1 year ago, it was the same, they have told me to use USB as I can't install Devialet AIR to my brand new computer. No hope here, some people keep saying wait for a week with a calendar from another space but I am pretty sure the Expert line is dead.

My Expert still under warranty, I think they have the obligation to support the App or the AIR client.

Kai
Devialet Expert 120 | SF Electa Amator II | Nordost power & speaker cables | Raspberry Pi CM4 Streamer | Devialet Gemini | Vancouver, Canada.
Unsure if it's been noticed, but according to devialet's news page the spinning remote issue should be fixed now for iOS14:

https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...1-iOS-Only-

Quote:Added support for iOS 14. The Devialet app will now require an additional authorization to scan the local network. It is used by Devialet app to find and communicate with your Devialet devices and to give you full control over your products.

Unsure if it works with the Expert as mine is currently being upgraded. Hopefully someone can test and confirm

Edit: My mistake, looks like it's updated for the Devialet app but not the Devialet Expert Remote app.
Yes my Remote app no longer works after I have updated to iOS14.
I assume we just have to wait? I will use my IPad until then and obviously I wont upgrade this to iOS14 yet
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
Wait for what? There is no timeline. Even there is no official announcement if they are working on a fix or not. I will say raise a warraty support and ask them to fix it.
(29-Sep-2020, 14:46)ada Wrote: Wait for what? There is no timeline. Even there is no official announcement if they are working on a fix or not. I will say raise a warraty support and ask them to fix it.

Now that is a good idea. There must be many owners whose upgraded amps to Pro C/I are still under warranty. There must be some EU legislation that covers this with certain protections or recompense for customers/owners. Think I’ll look at this closer, although EU legislation is generally hard going for non-legals. 

Have to say, however, I’d be only doing it in pursuit of a customer right as personally the loss of the app is no big deal. I use Roon and can control the D from there when streaming and I am very happy using the remote when I listen to vinyl. I have no other sources.

It would, however be nice to put Devialet under a bit of pressure to force them to comply with their warranty obligations. Maybe such action would wake them up to it being unacceptable to abandon their expert customers. What do others think?
Qobuz, roon RAAT, Audiostore Prestige XL Optical, Synology NAS. Devialet Expert 250 Pro C/I. World Audio Design (DIY) KLS3 MkIII speakers, upgraded crossover and SEAS T25CF002 Millennium tweeters. Ethernet. Blue Jeans (Belden 5000) 10 gauge 5T00UP speaker cable.