Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Expert Remote App is not working any more
(10-Oct-2020, 07:52)K4680 Wrote:
(05-Oct-2020, 18:46)Womaz Wrote: Oh dear I have just had a notification saying my IPad will automatically update TO iOS14 tonight. This means I will lose the remote control app all together.
Is there any way I can stop this happening. I have already disabled automatic updates so not sure why this is happening

Hi Womaz,

Deactivate automatic iOS update

Open Settings
Go to General
Go to software updates
Automatic updates>
Here you can activate "Download iOS updates".  The iPhone downloads updates automatically via the WiFi.  Leave Install iOS updates disabled, however, so that there are no nasty surprises and you decide when to install an iOS update. Wink

Yes I managed to do this on the day. Thanks
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
I have received a newsletter saying that there is a 1.8.5 release for iOS to fix the iOS 14 issue but still not available in the App Store.

Here are the release notes:
https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...5-iOS-only-

I can't believe that Devialet is being this much responsive and responsible for Expert product line, god saves them.
Now the new version is available for iOS14
(13-Oct-2020, 18:38)Elztalbiker Wrote: Now the new version is available for iOS14

And its working fineSmile
Updated to version 1.8.5 And working with ios14.
Devialet Expert 120 | SF Electa Amator II | Nordost power & speaker cables | Raspberry Pi CM4 Streamer | Devialet Gemini | Vancouver, Canada.
Ditto
Pro 440, B&W 804D, HMS In Concerto Speaker cables, Audioquest Jitterbug & Cinnamon USB, 2018 Mac Mini with 8Gb RAM, Furutech G320 Power cable, Audirvana Studio, 4 x 2TB SSD External Drives
Oooh, there is a Devialet God! Today I resolved an issue that had stopped me signing into my account, partly due to iOS 14, this allowed me to update the Firmware on the 1000 for the first time, which went surprisingly smoothly for me, and now the remote is working again. Not only is it working, but is doing so across an extender I have which it never did before.
Devialet 1000 Pro CI, Chord Signature Reference speaker cables, B&W 803 D3 speakers

Roon lifetime licence, Tidal.
(13-Oct-2020, 20:35)ksveen73 Wrote:
(13-Oct-2020, 18:38)Elztalbiker Wrote: Now the new version is available for iOS14

Updated both my iPad (ios 12) and iPhone (ios 14) versions and now neither works - both show the current volume and source selected and will track the physical remote but you cannot switch the amp on or off, cannot pick a source nor change the volume. 

Any ideas anyone?
David
(14-Oct-2020, 09:11)DavidP Wrote:
(13-Oct-2020, 20:35)ksveen73 Wrote:

Updated both my iPad (ios 12) and iPhone (ios 14) versions and now neither works - both show the current volume and source selected and will track the physical remote but you cannot switch the amp on or off, cannot pick a source nor change the volume. 

Any ideas anyone?
David

Solved - unplug Devialet - leave for 5 minutes - plug back in - all working.
(18-Sep-2020, 12:08)ada Wrote: After loosing Devialet AIR for Mac OS almost a year ago (and there is no update on that) with the release of iOS 14, we lost the Expert remote app too.

Basically the Expert platform is becoming obsolete with every new technology update. Devialet is not able to keep the pace of the technology.

I think it is very obvious that, they don't care and maintain their product line anymore. It is a shame that they keep selling Expert line products while they don't give any support on these products while they keep promoting the remote app and the AIR in their website. (This is a SCAM!)

I really want to get your opinion about a next step, I believe we should prepare an email template and send them to share an update (could be the deprecation announcement or any updates)! Otherwise, we should really force them to share an open API documentation that we can build our own applications and share with each other. We are not looking here to build a business on top of their business, we want the basic right to keep the capabilities of our devices and if they don't support, we want to have the control of our units.

For example, I am fine to lose the warranty in case if I use the open API of the unit to communicate with it. This should be a win/win situation for a company like Devialet to get rid of the warranty load too in addition to the support/update duties.

What do you think?

I had to install Roonlabs player on my Mac and it works. Roon is a subscription music service though.