Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Firmware 1.14.1.3
Hello,

I was doing a research on the latest firmware for my Silver Phantoms and saw that apparently there is a new version, version 1.14.1.3, out. It seems that only a few folks have been able to install it and that the installation process is pretty involved and time consuming, ie factory reset of the Phantoms, so I wanted to know if the upgrade is worth the time. From those of you out there that have installed version 1.14.1.3, what are the new features and functionalities that came with this version?

Cheers,
B.
(11-Mar-2019, 19:07)dbblackdiamond Wrote: Hello,

I was doing a research on the latest firmware for my Silver Phantoms and saw that apparently there is a new version, version 1.14.1.3, out. It seems that only a few folks have been able to install it and that the installation process is pretty involved and time consuming, ie factory reset of the Phantoms, so I wanted to know if the upgrade is worth the time. From those of you out there that have installed version 1.14.1.3, what are the new features and functionalities that came with this version?

Cheers,
B.

If you have trouble with bluetooth disappearing or not being present at all, you should upgrade. Otherwise you don't have to.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage

Cheers,
B.

I had assumed that all Phantoms connected to the internet would be at version 1.14.1.3, which has been available for some time, maybe even a year?

Version 1.14.2.2 is available on demand, generally, to resolve issues with Bluetooth availability. No additional functionality.

If your Phantoms are working fine then, like ragwo replied, I see no reason to change the firmware.
(12-Mar-2019, 00:34)alandbush Wrote:

Cheers,
B.

I had assumed that all Phantoms connected to the internet would be at version 1.14.1.3, which has been available for some time, maybe even a year?

Version 1.14.2.2 is available on demand, generally, to resolve issues with Bluetooth availability.  No additional functionality.

If your Phantoms are working fine then, like ragwo replied, I see no reason to change the firmware.

What do you mean by "on demand"? Is it done on devialet side and the Phantom autodownloads or does Devialet send the firmware file and instructions on how to update locally?
@testerer

The firmware update is made available for a specific Phantom by Devialet.

Check out this thread.