Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Firmware 12.2.12
All true, but on the other side I can play Air via Wifi or Ethernet without any problems using Roon. And the sound quality is the best I ever had. Even better than my 2 REF 10 clocked Mutec MC-3s...via Ethernet and even more with Wifi.
I’ve just upgraded my amps to the latest firmware. Everything seems to be working well, as it did with the 12.2.6 Dos 2.2.0 beta 12 version, which was the last firmware that worked properly on my setup.
I can detect an improvement in SQ, however this might be due to placebo/expectation bias. But now I’ve told you this, it will sound better to you, won’t it? ;-)
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(05-May-2018, 23:09)Vivialet Wrote: All true, but on the other side I can play Air via Wifi or Ethernet without any problems using Roon. And the sound quality is the best I ever had. Even better than my 2 REF 10 clocked Mutec MC-3s...via Ethernet and even more with Wifi.

Hi same experiences here! Beta 14 is proving faultless in my setup thus far and the SQ is quite spectacular. 
In your last sentence are you referring to WiFi sounding better than Ethernet?
Audionet DNA / roon / ProAc SM100s
yes, I changed between Ethernet and Wifi several times and always likes Wifi better. That was already the case before I had upgraded to Pro.
I have an Isotek Titan EVO3 where only the Devialets are connected, my TV is connected via Toslink. So removing Ethernet makes this a completly isolated system. Maybe this is the reason, with Wifi there is mory dynamics, more air and clearness. Only downside is that 24/192 is downsampled. But I only have 3 or 4 records in this format which I hardly ever listen to.
I compared my Mutec system to AIR/Ethernet, both is now on the same level with a slight advantage for AIR. I could live with both. AIR/Wifi is increasing the small difference and my system now has a very small footprint. Which was initially the reason to buy the Devialet.
So far I found two issues in the new beta: the display of the slave is not dimmed when AIR or upnp is selected, but it works for AES or Toslink.
And after powering on the Devialets (switching the Isotek on) they are now directly active and do not start in standby anymore.
Cool - thanks I'll give WiFi another spin. My system is like yours... Streaming (ethernet) or TV (optical).
WiFi router is 40cm away from the 220!...

So it doesn't send WiFi above 24/96? what (and why) does it down sample too?
I guess 24/192 is not stable uncompressed. Maybe they can fix it in one of the next releases. I'm using Roon, not sure if the Devialet AIR driver is working differently.
Also Roon/AIR sounds clearly better than e.g. jRiver via Devialet AIR driver. I guess it is exactly this combination that makes the Devialet sound so good.
(06-May-2018, 10:03)cereal killer Wrote: Cool - thanks I'll give WiFi another spin. My system is like yours... Streaming (ethernet) or TV (optical).
WiFi router is 40cm away from the 220!...

So it doesn't send WiFi above 24/96? what (and why) does it down sample too?

When streaming 24/192 via AIR Wifi the AIR goes automatically to a fixed output mode. It doesn't sound as good as the bit-perfect mode.

[Image: Signal%20Path2.PNG?raw=1]
Bluesound Node > Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 > Genelec 8351B & 7360A
Devialet 1000 Pro
Bluesound Node 2i > Genelec 8330
Tampere, Finland
OK thanks Petrik, I'll stick to ethernet then Smile
(05-May-2018, 16:34)marco.kohler.169 Wrote: I had the same isses, I removed all double files (the first ones, not sure, but they are all hidden). All others I copied to the sd card and flashed successfully my devialet

I have found the solution to the problem I had yesterday with the firmware ZIP file. It's actually rather basic, and I feel rather stupid for not having seen what it was right away.

I had my windows explorer files and folders properties set to 'Show hiiden files, folders and drives'. Of course the extra files I could see in the zip files where all hidden files.

Lesson learned, every day is a school day.
Roon Rock, Devialet 220 pro CI, Palmer 2.5 Turntable, AT OC9MLii, Classic Audio MC Pro Phono and Harbeth SHL5 Plus
(06-May-2018, 09:42)Vivialet Wrote: [...] always likes Wifi better. That was already the case before I had upgraded to Pro. [...] Maybe this is the reason, with Wifi there is mory dynamics, more air and clearness. Only downside is that 24/192 is downsampled. But I only have 3 or 4 records in this format which I hardly ever listen to. [...]

Same here with direct WiFi. 
I only listen to CD rips (bit perfect) and streaming (Spotify and Tidal) so I am not impacted by fixed output for 24/192. 
Best possible quality is from Devialet’s IOS control app over direct WiFi (no WiFi router/switch on transmission path). It was the same before Pro upgrade. 
Compared that to ITunes and Roon on Mac over Air (Ethernet and WiFi through router/switch) as well as Raspberry Pi3 with HiFiBerry (SPDIF output). I believe the best quality from the control app is due to IOS having low digital noise (limited user-level multitasking) and direct WiFi helps with electric isolation.
Fanless HdPlex (HQPlayer) -> Merging Hapi -> Genelec 8351B